So the OnePlus One is now here...

Given how easy invites are to get, people give them away by the truckload on this forum alone, I'm not really seeing a legitimate issue with that.

It depends on how many invites they send out when the phone launches. Do you recall when the OPO first came out? Invites were scarce and people were getting as much as $100 for an invite on ebay. After several months went by, the "value" of invites dropped considerably, but were still not so easy to come by without paying. When I got my OPO last November I ended up paying $10 for an invite on ebay after trying for about two weeks to track down a freebie.

I didn't start getting invites until January, when I got three rounds of them, and then didn't get anymore until this month, in which I got two more sets. I got my invites around the same time I saw other people offering them here, which makes me think they send out large batches at once versus trying to create a constant, even spread.

It will be interesting to see if they change how they do invites with their next phone. I wouldn't mind seeing them first only allow existing OPO customers to purchase their new device before dealing out shareable invites.

The invites are easy to get...now that the 1+1 is long in tooth and most everyone doesn't want one anymore.

I wouldn't call it long in the tooth. I still think that for the price, it can't be beat. Quite frankly, I also don't see the point in being on the cutting edge of performance with a cell phone either. They are already faster than is necessary for basically every application aside from gaming. Flagships from Samsung/HTC/LG/Sony are twice the price, full of useless bloat, and typically locked / not flasher friendly. All for a processor that's faster on paper and screen resolution / PPI that's already far beyond that of the monitors and TV's we stare at all day long? No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, Nexus devices are the only competition for the OPO. N5 is more expensive for a lesser spec device. N6 is a better device, but it's also huge, and it's twice the price which I would again say is not worth it for a few performance numbers that mean little outside of benchmarks. Nexus obviously means you don't deal with the software headaches the OPO had, but if your flashing your own ROM's that becomes moot.

My point is, looking at the current batch of cell phones on the market, there's not a single one I'd straight trade my OPO for, let alone pay to "upgrade" to.

Last edited:
Ordered a white and a black OPO yesterday. Now that the invite system is dead, there became accessible for me. How do these usually take to get delivered? I didn't hit all of the buttons going through the checkout process so I am unaware of what the normal delivery options are.

Ordered a white and a black OPO yesterday. Now that the invite system is dead, there became accessible for me. How do these usually take to get delivered? I didn't hit all of the buttons going through the checkout process so I am unaware of what the normal delivery options are.

I think I got mine almost exactly a week after I ordered it. Too lazy to go double check. But it wasn't that long.

I think I got mine almost exactly a week after I ordered it. Too lazy to go double check. But it wasn't that long.

If your in the US, you only get one shipping option anyway. It will ship USPS Priority out of California. My first order I think took about 3 days to process before it shipped, and my second (and RMA) processed immediately and shipped the same day they recieved my original phone. Once it ships, it'll be 2-3 days depending on where you live. No matter what though, it should be fairly quick.

Cyanogen's CEO Kirk McMaster: "Without Cyanogen, OnePlus would have sold like one device in international markets. Essentially they built their brand on the back of Cyanogen."

What an ignorant, cocky a** d***ebag... So they built their brand on the back of free contributors of cyanogenmod, who built their "brand" on the back of Google... true story!

OnePlus could have gone with any Android mod team and be just as "successful" due to the pricing of the hardware. Go Team Paranoid.

Cyanogen's CEO Kirk McMaster: "Without Cyanogen, OnePlus would have sold like one device in international markets. Essentially they built their brand on the back of Cyanogen."

What an ignorant, cocky a** d***ebag... So they built their brand on the back of free contributors of cyanogenmod, who built their "brand" on the back of Google... true story!

OnePlus could have gone with any Android mod team and be just as "successful" due to the pricing of the hardware. Go Team Paranoid.

Yeah I am pretty sure their sales would be exactly the same if it just ran stock Android.

Yea, those twits in charge at Cyanogen need to shut their mouths and cease letting all their stupid outside of their heads.

I have to admit, I am still liking my OnePlus One a ton.

This past year, these are the smartphones I have owned, in order;

- Galaxy S4
- HTC One M8
- OnePlus One
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Nexus 6
- OnePlus One again

- Galaxy S4 = This phone sucked balls, had no root, and Touchwiz felt bloated and laggy, and the phone had crap battery life.

- HTC One M8 = Really nice phone, excellent build quality, pretty good battery life for a smaller phone. Great speakers. Sense 6 was nice, but I converted to GPE, and loved it even more. But I wanted something a bit bigger with better battery life.

- OnePlus One = Finally got an invite last September, and I had to jump on it, for the price. And wow taking it out of the box, this thing felt quality. Long story short it is one of the best battery life smartphones on the market, and is very snappy fast. With great ROM development. But at this point I was getting bored with Android for some reason. I was flashing ROM's every few days, and was just getting burned out, so I sold it to help buy an iPhone.

- iPhone 6 Plus = My first iPhone since the old 3G. I Jailbreaked it immediately, and really liked the phone the first month. #1 AMAZING battery life. It was a breath of fresh air to me at the time. But after a month, I sorely missed Android OS, and even with a JB I still felt iOS was very limiting, and just not my cup of tea. But if you like iOS the 6 Plus is a great phone.

- Nexus 6 = Wow, I mean wow. HUGE phone, but what a beast of a device. Great AMOLED display, warp speed fast. The ROM development is bar none amazing. But it is a large smartphone, border line ridiculous, I mean it's very wide, thick, and heavy. Just a beast. And the battery life is average, not bad with 5.1.1 but nowhere near the OnePlus One or iPhone 6 Plus battery. But the Nexus 6 is a very nice smartphone mini computer device.

- OnePlus One again = Something about the OPO just ticks most of the boxes for me, so I bought another one. I have a nice tempered glass protector on it, can't even tell I have it on, fits perfectly. And also bought a cool black aluminum bumper, makes the phone look very nice. The main reason I am back to the OPO is two things; * Battery life and * Size of phone. The OPO battery life is just off the charts amazing, I can easily get 7h Screen On time all the time. And the size of the OPO is the largest I want a smartphone, it is border line to me the biggest I can accept, I would prefer even a hair smaller IMO. Anything bigger than the OPO and I just can't get comfortable with it. But the OPO is not prefect, and has two big minuses, the camera is pretty poor, and the display is just average, nothing great, looks washed out a bit.

So out of all these phones I have owned the past year, IMO the OnePlus One does it #1 for me, the battery life, the size of the phone, and great ROM development do it for me. But the crappy camera and ok display are drawbacks. But then the $350 price tag comes up, and it's a slam dunk deal of the year.

#2 would be the Nexus 6, it is very close to my fav phone. But the extra large size is turn off, and the average 5h Screen On time battery life. Other than that, the Nexus 6 is an amazing device.

I would put the iPhone6 Plus as the best screen / display, best camera, and best battery life out of all of them. But iOS is not for me.

Got two of these today, one white, one black.

The process of upgrading from version to version in Android is absolutely retarded. I believe I had to reboot to install updates FIVE TIMES on one of these phones. Both of these phones can with some pretty ancient firmware on them.

The 1+ cases an accessories seem decent, phone looks almost exactly like a G3 with a slight stretch. We had some Wifi issues and I have barely gotten to use the phones at this point. Decent design though, I will be using the white model + orange flip case as my primary work phone.

Last edited:
Still rocking the OnePlus One as my backup, just flashed the latest CM13 Marshmallow ROM, and this phone still flies, smooth as butter, and great battery life.

Just too bad the display is pretty poor, and the camera not that good.

If the OnePlus Three has the same build quality as the new One X, with a AMOLED QuadHD display and the SD820 + 4GB RAM, and sells for around $400, that will bring OPO back to the flagship killer.

Still rocking the OnePlus One as my backup, just flashed the latest CM13 Marshmallow ROM, and this phone still flies, smooth as butter, and great battery life.

Just too bad the display is pretty poor, and the camera not that good.

If the OnePlus Three has the same build quality as the new One X, with a AMOLED QuadHD display and the SD820 + 4GB RAM, and sells for around $400, that will bring OPO back to the flagship killer.

I see you posting on Sultan's thread on XDA, it really is an awesome ROM atm. The other day i got just under 6 hrs screen on time with mixed WiFi/ LTE usage. Seriously though... If it wasn't for some of the cosmetic damages on it, I'd love this phone even more and wouldn't consider upgrading. Still awesome.

Edit: Can you recommend a metal bumper that covers the silver strip? I've dropped it a few times.

Back