So the OnePlus One is now here...

Guys keep in mind that while the phone itself is awesome, especially for the price, their customer service is atrocious.

Are you sure if the OnePlus One sequel starts at $550 16GB(?, could be 8 or 32) version? Cause that's what has been implied by OnePlus.

Yup. Based on my very positive experience with the OnePlus One, I'll be buying a OnePlus Two.

I buy all of my phones (typically used from Swappa) outright so even say $550 it will be less than comparably spec'd phones and realistically the OnePlus One was a better phone for me until the latest phones came out.

I sold my Nexus 5 and Note 3 after using the OnePlus One for about a week and tried the LG G3, Sony Z3 Compact and Moto X and preferred the OnePlus One and used it up until my Nexus 6 arrived.

Guys keep in mind that while the phone itself is awesome, especially for the price, their customer service is atrocious.

Yeah, I've literally seen 100% bad reviews of their CS. I fortunately haven't needed it - yet, at least.

I almost definitely wouldn't pay more than $450 or so for a OnePlus, and even $450 would be a tough sell. $350 was an easy choice compared to $650-700, and while $450 is still a good bit cheaper than $650, it's getting a bit close to me. Combine that with the fact that the camera on this phone is nearly useless to me because I have Essential Tremors ('static' in the nerves that causes my hands/body to shake) and I need a camera with good image stabilization at any zoom level. Most of the pictures I take with the OPO are at least a little blurry because of this.

I heard the price would go up maybe by $100 to $150. So the OnePlus Two would sell for around $400 to $450, and I am sure with spec's that match the Galaxy S6 and One M9, which will be selling for $650 to $700.
Sorry, I did exaggerate the numbers, didn't I? But still, if it was $550 (aka nearly full price of other better branded phones), would you still want it?

But current rumors also suggest that O+ will stick with a Snapdragon 805 over the 810, maybe they are planning to make money of last generation hardware next year?

Yup. Based on my very positive experience with the OnePlus One, I'll be buying a OnePlus Two.

I buy all of my phones (typically used from Swappa) outright so even say $550 it will be less than comparably spec'd phones and realistically the OnePlus One was a better phone for me until the latest phones came out.

I sold my Nexus 5 and Note 3 after using the OnePlus One for about a week and tried the LG G3, Sony Z3 Compact and Moto X and preferred the OnePlus One and used it up until my Nexus 6 arrived.
Wow. You're the one OnePlus true fan! Rock on, bruh!

OnePlus One is a great value and would probably take it over the Nexus 5 but wouldn't go as far as swapping out the Note 3. The rest are somewhat of a wash depending on your preference.

Sorry, I did exaggerate the numbers, didn't I? But still, if it was $550 (aka nearly full price of other better branded phones), would you still want it?

But current rumors also suggest that O+ will stick with a Snapdragon 805 over the 810, maybe they are planning to make money of last generation hardware next year?

Wow. You're the one OnePlus true fan! Rock on, bruh!

I was until my Nexus 6 arrived. I have not used my OnePlus since then.

But in all seriousness, it is a very good phone at a ridiculous price so if someone needs to weigh the price vs the benefit you would be hard pressed to best the OnePlus.

OnePlus One is a great value and would probably take it over the Nexus 5 but wouldn't go as far as swapping out the Note 3. The rest are somewhat of a wash depending on your preference.

Note 3 was a great phone as well but OnePlus is an overall quicker phone and battery life on OnePlus was better.

Note 3 camera was better than OnePlus if that is part of your equation.

Other than that I preferred OnePlus heavily over the Note 3.

Here's the thing: I'm willing to at least $200 more just to have decent customer's service for a smartphone. So a $350 phone with no customer's service is equivalent of a $550 phone with service to me. (That $550 number is a total coincidence.) Sure, I hope I would never need support, but it's a nice assurance to have.

However, I too would take the OnePlus One over the Note 3, but not over the Note 4 though. The Note 4 actually has enough power and memory to not make TouchWiz suck, surprisingly.

What imaginary customer service do you get for the $200 difference? If we're talking about Chinese companies, customer service is pretty much non-existent so might as well bank the $200 savings. Plus, the company with the imaginary service probably has a reputation for poor QA with screen lift, non-aligning parts, light bleed, chipping, etc. that will devalue the phone.

What imaginary customer service do you get for the $200 difference? If we're talking about Chinese companies, customer service is pretty much non-existent so might as well bank the $200 savings. Plus, the company with the imaginary service probably has a reputation for poor QA with screen lift, non-aligning parts, light bleed, chipping, etc. that will devalue the phone.
You do realize that we're basically in agreement here?!? Is Korean your first language? Or have you trolled so often that you have to troll even when you agree?

Is official CM12S still coming in Jan / Feb ?

A Few months ago, OPO and Cyanogen, said 90 days after the official Lollipop release from Google, the OnePlus One OS would get the big Lollipop date. So that puts it end of Jan / early Feb. But is that still on track of happening ?

But...with the all the news lately of Cyanogen and OPO not getting along, and the whole India deal, etc...

What will OPO official release as far as the Lollipop update ? Will there still be a CM12S made specific for the OnePlus by Cyanogen ? Or will OPO just release their in house Lollipop ROM they made themselves without CM ?

Whatever it is I hope OnePlus sues Cyanogen for breach of contract. This will provide me entertainment.

Whatever it is I hope OnePlus sues Cyanogen for breach of contract. This will provide me entertainment.

At this point there's no telling what happened. Interesting write up on XDA this morning about all this. Does look like OPO owners may get screwed though. Still too early to tell.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/cyngn-oneplus-micromax-the-legal-battle/

Still lots of questions like why did Cyngn terminate the contract with OPO? McMaster can't do that on his own meaning the lawyers and board of directors had to be involved. McMaster even brings his lawyers into the e-mails in which case the lawyer should have immediately said "wait one damn minute you can't do that" unless this termination of contract had already been discussed with the Board and the lawyers.

Really makes me wonder if OPO and Cyngn had some shit going down behind the scenes that has yet to be made public.

Why is OnePlus getting screwed over by Cyanogen's breach of contract? Wow. Cyanogen and Micromax are absolute scum - I will never own or use anything else from either company. Ever. As soon as a stable SlimLP or ParanoidAndroid Lollipop ROM comes out for this phone, I am done with Cyanogen.

I also think it can be argued that exclusivity deals are always antitrust and should never be allowed. (This situation did not bring that opinion; I've believed that for years.) Also, isn't this a huge violation of GPL by Cyanogen?

I want to see Cyanogen fried so badly over this that the company ceases to exist. This makes me want to buy another OnePlus phone after this one just to support the company getting screwed here even though they are in the right.

Also, OnePlus can't violate an exclusivity agreement that they didn't sign. If Cyanogen signed one with Micromax, it's Cyanogen's problem, not OnePlus's.

As usual, India disgusts me.

Last edited:
Why is OnePlus getting screwed over by Cyanogen's breach of contract? Wow. Cyanogen and Micromax are absolute scum - I will never own or use anything else from either company. Ever. As soon as a stable SlimLP or ParanoidAndroid Lollipop ROM comes out for this phone, I am done with Cyanogen.

I also think it can be argued that exclusivity deals are always antitrust and should never be allowed. (This situation did not bring that opinion; I've believed that for years.) Also, isn't this a huge violation of GPL by Cyanogen?

I want to see Cyanogen fried so badly over this that the company ceases to exist. This makes me want to buy another OnePlus phone after this one just to support the company getting screwed here even though they are in the right.

Also, OnePlus can't violate an exclusivity agreement that they didn't sign.

You make me laugh and you aren't the first that I've laughed at about all this. Such blind hatred right now against Cyngn because they appear to have wronged the Android Jesus phone. We know absolutely NOTHING about what's really going on.

We know NOTHING about why Cyngn terminated the contract. It could be something completely legitimate in which case all your blind hatred does nothing but make you look foolish.

I love CyanogenMod but I'm also choosing to wait to see what happens with all this before I decide to say goodbye to them and move to PA or Omni or perhaps just simply stay stock rooted like I am now. If it's a legit breaking of contract then this all disappears like a fart in the wind. If it isn't...well Cyngn and CyanogenMod itself could very well disappear faster then they appeared. I'll sit and wait patiently for the rest of the information to come out before going off half cocked and making an ass of myself.

Laughing is your right, so feel free. However that doesn't change the situation, and you've offered no actual information. Your post can be summed up in your saying, "I love CyanogenMod."

Anyway, if you want to shame my post, feel free to make one that is actually, you know, better.

Cyanogen doesn't have the right to revoke the contract, and given the GPL license, they don't even have the right to require a contract for most (if not all) of their product - only in the service/support. It might be proven that OnePlus is also partially wrong, but there is a 0% chance that Cyanogen or Micromax are in the right here.

Laughing is your right, so feel free. However that doesn't change the situation, and you've offered no actual information. Your post can be summed up in your saying, "I love CyanogenMod."

Anyway, if you want to shame my post, feel free to make one that is actually, you know, better.

Cyanogen doesn't have the right to revoke the contract, and given the GPL license, they don't even have the right to require a contract for most (if not all) of their product - only in the service/support. It might be proven that OnePlus is also partially wrong, but there is a 0% chance that Cyanogen or Micromax are in the right here.

My post above yours was already better as it had all the facts listed and a link to the URL with said facts. All you did was spout utter nonsense about how two companies suck and how you hate India. Now I'll write another post that's "better" as well.

Cyngn does have the right to terminate if OnePlus breached the contract first. Hell Cyngn can breach even if OnePlus did nothing wrong. However, OnePlus could then sue Cyngn for breach of contract.

The Apache 2 license they use for the source code simply covers the availability of the code. Thus why CM11S code is freely available minus any special non core OS applications (gee just like CM11 and every CM before it). The contract doesn't change that. Anyone could use the open source code.

That's why OnePlus licensed the Cyngn name, brand, development and support. The source code is available but the documents show the "value" was coming from the ongoing development, support, and added-value software/services. So terminating the contract means OnePlus now can't use the Cyngn brand and loses their development and support. Which is why OnePlus is scrambling to get a none CM ROM out for the OPO in India.

Bottom line is we are missing the biggest piece of this puzzle. Why did Cyngn terminate the contract with OnePlus? Terminating the contract with OnePlus is not something McMaster the CEO can do alone. It takes approval from the Board of Directors and the lawyers to do something like that. Also terminating the contract with OnePlus so blatantly would cost Cyngn money from being sued for breach of contract. The deal with Micromax can't possibly be enough to make it worth Cyngn's time to break the OnePlus contract.

We know from the e-mails that McMaster brought in the Cyngn head lawyer. If McMaster had done anything wrong, Frank Montes the lawyer, would have said "wait a minute you can't do that." Yet, there's nothing that says Montes did that. That means either Montes is an inept lawyer or this termination of contract with OnePlus was already approved by Board of Directors and the Lawyers because they thought they would win if OnePlus sues. If they thought they would win then OnePlus must have done something that breached the contract already.

Now let's assume for a second that Cyngn terminated the contract simply because of the Micromax deal no matter how unlikely that is. If I was an investor and Cyngn did that I'd be gone and my money with me. However, we aren't seeing that.

We obviously don't have all the facts. That's why I choose to wait before passing final judgement of Cyngn and CyanogenMod.

We obviously don't have all the facts. That's why I choose to wait before passing final judgement of Cyngn and CyanogenMod.

What else do you expect to see out of this? It's not like they owe us the details, and more than likely they're not keen on letting them slip, either.

I agree with your sentiment about reserving judgement, but a lot of fact was laid down by the article on XDA. Granted, it appeared pretty one sided, without much in the way of correspondence from Carl of OP, but you really can't get around the following facts:

1. CM signs agreement with OP to distribute their OS within their OPO in every country.
2. CM (later) signs exclusive agreement (that is clearly in conflict with an agreement they previously wrote) with another company
3. CM terminates their agreement with OP

hmm. yes, there's a lot we don't know, but facts 1 and 2 already indicate extremely shady business practice by CM.

Either way, I like my OP phone, and unless reviews indicate CM was the "special sauce" upon which the greatness of the OPO was pinioned (very doubtful given similarity with open source android), I'll certainly support OP by buying future products.

What else do you expect to see out of this? It's not like they owe us the details, and more than likely they're not keen on letting them slip, either.

I agree with your sentiment about reserving judgement, but a lot of fact was laid down by the article on XDA. Granted, it appeared pretty one sided, without much in the way of correspondence from Carl of OP, but you really can't get around the following facts:

1. CM signs agreement with OP to distribute their OS within their OPO in every country.
2. CM (later) signs exclusive agreement (that is clearly in conflict with an agreement they previously wrote) with another company
3. CM terminates their agreement with OP

hmm. yes, there's a lot we don't know, but facts 1 and 2 already indicate extremely shady business practice by CM.

Either way, I like my OP phone, and unless reviews indicate CM was the "special sauce" upon which the greatness of the OPO was pinioned (very doubtful given similarity with open source android), I'll certainly support OP by buying future products.

1. It was a non-exclusive agreement so not exactly shady.
2. Potentially shady but missing facts to prove as such. If things with OnePlus had been going south already finding a new partner would be the prudent thing for a business to do so that wouldn't be shady. Signing exclusive contract while knowingly breaching OnePlus contract would be shady.
3. Why terminate with OnePlus unless things had already gone sour before the whole Micromax thing went down? Again not shady unless they simply did it to get out and move forward with Micromax. However, that doesn't make any sort of business sense.

What I want is to see what happens in the courts of California if OnePlus does indeed sue Cyngn for breach of contract. If a lawsuit does happen then we get answers. From a business perspective what Cyngn has done makes zero sense. Why terminate with OnePlus simply to get bargain bin labeled Micromax phones in India only? They had a device that was worldwide but very hard to get a hold of.

Who knows maybe the whole stupid invite system and God awful marketing (smash my phone, the female picture thing) is part of what soured their partnership. Maybe part of that was a breach of contract already. But why give up the OPO for the Micromax Yu? I mean that makes absolutely zero sense from a business perspective and any investor should be livid about such a decision. The deal with OPO wasn't exclusive. They could have kept OPO and gotten Micromax as well. There are always ways.

Last edited:
1. It was a non-exclusive agreement so not exactly shady.
2. Potentially shady but missing facts to prove as such. If things with OnePlus had been going south already finding a new partner would be the prudent thing for a business to do so that wouldn't be shady. Signing exclusive contract while knowingly breaching OnePlus contract would be shady.
3. Why terminate with OnePlus unless things had already gone sour before the whole Micromax thing went down? Again not shady unless they simply did it to get out and move forward with Micromax. However, that doesn't make any sort of business sense.

What I want is to see what happens in the courts of California if OnePlus does indeed sue Cyngn for breach of contract. If a lawsuit does happen then we get answers. From a business perspective what Cyngn has done makes zero sense. Why terminate with OnePlus simply to get bargain bin labeled Micromax phones in India only? They had a device that was worldwide but very hard to get a hold of.

Who knows maybe the whole stupid invite system and God awful marketing (smash my phone, the female picture thing) is part of what soured their partnership. Maybe part of that was a breach of contract already. But why give up the OPO for the Micromax Yu? I mean that makes absolutely zero sense from a business perspective and any investor should be livid about such a decision. The deal with OPO wasn't exclusive. They could have kept OPO and gotten Micromax as well. There are always ways.
Umm.... :confused:

If OnePlus had breached the contract in the first place, I think defendants 2 and 3 of CyanogenMod would have brought it up. Not saying that since they didn't bring up, O+ has not breached contract, but that's a pretty strange position to take.

Then you say maybe things is going south with O+, so even if the breach is shady, it is justified. First, I'm not a fan of O+ myself. Not a fan of their stupid marketing campaigns with the pollute the world, endanger your own health, and get our phone, or that sexist photo shit. And even though the phone is cheap, I would rather pay more to another company for support. But you're implying that O+ is costing CM money. I have no idea where you could draw this assumption from.

This is not a case of "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." You're omitting the MOST OBVIOUS reason in the first place. Just plain greed. The market that Micromax has and is able to deliver on is massive compared to OnePlus. The potential increase of money for the deal for CyanogenMod is huge due to much bigger market. Had OnePlus been able to sell its phones with CyanogenMod in China, it would be a different story. Had OnePlus been able to get carriers to sell Ones at their stores, it would be a different story. That potential is the reason why CM is willing to fuck all the first generation CM phone, aka OPO, customers over.

I like to believe in the most realistic and simply theory first before I go all up in conspiracy theories. This is same thing I tell my 911-truther and false flag friends...

P.S. Steve Kondik has done many shady things in the past for more money... So this really doesn't surprise me. Now, I could care less if CM or O+ wins in court should O+ sue because I'm not going to get an OPO or download CM in the first place. But just having a suit is good enough for me to be entertained... I do love to read tech companies courtroom dramas.

Last edited:
Umm.... :confused:

If OnePlus had breached the contract in the first place, I think defendants 2 and 3 of CyanogenMod would have brought it up. Not saying that since they didn't bring up, O+ has not breached contract, but that's a pretty strange position to take.

Then you say maybe things is going south with O+, so even if the breach is shady, it is justified. First, I'm not a fan of O+ myself. Not a fan of their stupid marketing campaigns with the pollute the world, endanger your own health, and get our phone, or that sexist photo shit. And even though the phone is cheap, I would rather pay more to another company for support. But you're implying that O+ is costing CM money. I have no idea where you could draw this assumption from.

This is not a case of "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." You're omitting the MOST OBVIOUS reason in the first place. Just plain greed. The market that Micromax has and is able to deliver on is massive compared to OnePlus. The potential increase of money for the deal for CyanogenMod is huge due to much bigger market. Had OnePlus been able to sell its phones with CyanogenMod in China, it would be a different story. Had OnePlus been able to get carriers to sell Ones at their stores, it would be a different story. That potential is the reason why CM is willing to fuck all the first generation CM phone, aka OPO, customers over.

I like to believe in the most realistic and simply theory first before I go all up in conspiracy theories. This is same thing I tell my 911-truther and false flag friends...

P.S. Steve Kondik has done many shady things in the past for more money... So this really doesn't surprise me. Now, I could care less if CM or O+ wins in court should O+ sue because I'm not going to get an OPO or download CM in the first place. But just having a suit is good enough for me to be entertained... I do love to read tech companies courtroom dramas.

We don't even know how Cyngn was making money off of OPO outside licensing their name (rumor is they aren't making anything). Even if Cyngn was making money off each OPO sale it was a cheap device. The profit off the device after being split between OP and Cyngn would have been an incredibly small amount for two reasons.

1. The lack of devices sold
2. Cost of device

Now they have an even cheaper phone and again the only money would be the licensing deal. So greed as an excuse just doesn't make sense to me. Could it be? Sure, but those numbers simply don't compute because getting sued by OP and losing would cost them a lot of money. Unless Cyngn announces some crazy impressive paid service that people can't live without to monetize the business the decision to drop OP the way they did simply doesn't make business sense in any possible way.

However, the greed argument did bring up another thought. OP deal was worldwide. Micromax deal is only India. What if Cyngn has another announcement in the near future for another exclusive elsewhere? Then the greed argument makes more sense except the fact that OP deal was non-exclusive meaning Cyngn could still go out and make deals with other companies.

So the big question still remains. Why bother terminating the contract with OP in the first place? Again for the 3rd time in this thread...McMaster can't do that on his own. It had to be agreed upon by the lawyers and the Board of Directors. Why do it? It makes absolutely zero business sense. A lawsuit by OP will bring the reasons to light. If there is no lawsuit then the only logical explanation is OP did something they shouldn't have.

So the big question still remains. Why bother terminating the contract with OP in the first place? Again for the 3rd time in this thread...McMaster can't do that on his own. It had to be agreed upon by the lawyers and the Board of Directors. Why do it? It makes absolutely zero business sense. A lawsuit by OP will bring the reasons to light. If there is no lawsuit then the only logical explanation is OP did something they shouldn't have.
so if a victim of a crime doesn't report the crime, he/she must have wanted it or did something he/she shouldn't have... Wow. Next thing I'll hear is that a woman's body have an off-switch.

Your position on things are just very, very strange. The easiest explanations are that the board didn't question the deal or the the board saw the bigger money potential. Why concoct something as not making sense when it already makes so much sense...

Micromax could make and sell far more devices than OnePlus can. The market potential is so much greater that you're just kidding yourself. And MM's first phone from the Yu series Yureka is also way cheaper in bills of material. It's like a even cheaper Moto G. Micromax will definitely make profit on that phone, unlike O+.

Why is this hard to understand? If CM has a contract with OP stating that OP can market and sell their phones with the CM OS on them in ANY market, and then make an EXCLUSIVE agreement with a different company, then, by necessity, the contract with OP is terminated. If EITHER of these contracts are exclusive contracts, then they are mutually exclusive.

It's simple - OP wanted to sell their phone in India with CM on it, and Micromax called them out with an injunction, halting the sale of the phone. Micromax was fully in the right for doing so, since they have an exclusive right to sell phones with the CM OS in India. They have no agreement with OP, and are merely trying to enforce a legal contract they have in place.

CM is at fault here, and should be sued for damages by OP since they unilaterally terminated a previous contract with OP the second they signed an exclusive with Micromax. The ONLY way CM would not be liable is if (and this is a very big caveat) it can be determined that OP's contract with CM was already void for some reason, or they were previously in breach. You can sit back and say "we don't know all the facts" all you want, but there is absolutely no evidence of that in this case, and in fact, based on emails from the CM boss, quite a bit of evidence indicating that the contract was alive and well.

It's also not difficult to understand why CM would do this, though it does have the side effect of making them douchebags. The terms of Micromax' contract were likely better (likely financially) than OP. Even if the market is smaller, or the phones are shittier and cheaper, if CM is making $25 for every phone sold from Micromax and $5 from OP, it's kind of a no brainer. Basically, OP was the new kid on the block and kind of got taken to the cleaners with the deal they signed with OP. They built their reputation as a legit operation and software OEM and parlayed it into a better subsequent contract with Micromax. Happens all the time, and it's pretty easy to spot.

so if a victim of a crime doesn't report the crime, he/she must have wanted it or did something he/she shouldn't have... Wow. Next thing I'll hear is that a woman's body have an off-switch.

Your position on things are just very, very strange. The easiest explanations are that the board didn't question the deal or the the board saw the bigger money potential. Why concoct something as not making sense when it already makes so much sense...

Micromax could make and sell far more devices than OnePlus can. The market potential is so much greater that you're just kidding yourself. And MM's first phone from the Yu series Yureka is also way cheaper in bills of material. It's like a even cheaper Moto G. Micromax will definitely make profit on that phone, unlike O+.

Why is this hard to understand? If CM has a contract with OP stating that OP can market and sell their phones with the CM OS on them in ANY market, and then make an EXCLUSIVE agreement with a different company, then, by necessity, the contract with OP is terminated. If EITHER of these contracts are exclusive contracts, then they are mutually exclusive.

It's simple - OP wanted to sell their phone in India with CM on it, and Micromax called them out with an injunction, halting the sale of the phone. Micromax was fully in the right for doing so, since they have an exclusive right to sell phones with the CM OS in India. They have no agreement with OP, and are merely trying to enforce a legal contract they have in place.

CM is at fault here, and should be sued for damages by OP since they unilaterally terminated a previous contract with OP the second they signed an exclusive with Micromax. The ONLY way CM would not be liable is if (and this is a very big caveat) it can be determined that OP's contract with CM was already void for some reason, or they were previously in breach. You can sit back and say "we don't know all the facts" all you want, but there is absolutely no evidence of that in this case, and in fact, based on emails from the CM boss, quite a bit of evidence indicating that the contract was alive and well.

It's also not difficult to understand why CM would do this, though it does have the side effect of making them douchebags. The terms of Micromax' contract were likely better (likely financially) than OP. Even if the market is smaller, or the phones are shittier and cheaper, if CM is making $25 for every phone sold from Micromax and $5 from OP, it's kind of a no brainer. Basically, OP was the new kid on the block and kind of got taken to the cleaners with the deal they signed with OP. They built their reputation as a legit operation and software OEM and parlayed it into a better subsequent contract with Micromax. Happens all the time, and it's pretty easy to spot.

As of yet Cyngn has made ZERO money off phone sales. In fact there really is NO revenue stream into Cyngn as of yet to begin with. That was also one of the biggest questions when Cyanogen, Inc was created. How will they make money?

They were strictly a licensing deal with OnePlus. No word on whether they get money per device sale in the Micromax deal or not.

Keep one thing in mind. Micromax does NOT make phones. They simply rebrand existing cheap shit.

So no what they're doing is hard to understand. The Yu is nothing but a rebranded CoolPad F2. They're targeting a sub-$200 market where there is a ton of competition and where Android One just launched for that same price point and is doing miserably. http://www.androidauthority.com/android-one-early-sales-figures-567713/

2% of shit is shit.

So no the decision to go exclusive with Micromax and the CoolPad F2...sorry the Yu and backstab OnePlus makes zero sense. The margins in that sub-$200 market are razor thin. There's no money to be had there by sales unless your sales numbers are astronomical which if Android One is any indications the sales numbers will be crummy. That's also assuming this deal is more than just licensing and support, which as of yet there is zero evidence to support that.

Basically Micromax and Cyngn are hoping that by slapping CM11S on the CoolPad F2 and calling it the Yu it will add a premium to the device compared to a standard CoolPad F2. Good luck with that.

So if the Board didn't question this they all need to be fired. Along with McMasters and all their lawyers. From a rather premium device like the OPO to this piece of shit in a hard to get a foothold market. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :rolleyes:

That's why I think there's a piece missing between Cyngn and OnePlus. Could I be wrong and this be nothing but a huge blunder on Cyngn's part? Sure but with a lot of investor money at risk does this really seem like a smart move to anybody? Nope not at all.

Honestly at this point I wonder if they all aren't losing sleep at night knowing they turned down the $1 billion buyout from Google...

Vermillion, you realize that it would be legal for any company to ship Cyanogenmod on their phones with no agreement, right? It is open-source. The only thing OPO has an agreement for is support for their phone. Any manufacturer who wanted to handle porting and support on their own can legally ship Cyanogenmod, and trying to stop them is a GPL violation.

Also, Micromax has no agreement with OP and there is nothing for them to violate. If they had an agreement with Cyanogen, then the only possible violator of that agreement is Cyanogen itself.

There is no possibility that OP is in the wrong here. Period. India is in the wrong, Micromax is in the wrong (at the very least for going after OP rather than Cyanogen or rather than realizing how GPL works), and Cyanogen is most likely also in the wrong.

Vermillion, you realize that it would be legal for any company to ship Cyanogenmod on their phones with no agreement, right? It is open-source. The only thing OPO has an agreement for is support for their phone. Any manufacturer who wanted to handle porting and support on their own can legally ship Cyanogenmod, and trying to stop them is a GPL violation.

Also, Micromax has no agreement with OP and there is nothing for them to violate. If they had an agreement with Cyanogen, then the only possible violator of that agreement is Cyanogen itself.

There is no possibility that OP is in the wrong here. Period. India is in the wrong, Micromax is in the wrong (at the very least for going after OP rather than Cyanogen or rather than realizing how GPL works), and Cyanogen is most likely also in the wrong.

Yes I understand all that. Yes, I understand it's all been licensing and support with the OPO and most likely Yu although not confirmed. I've only mentioned that in every post I've made. :rolleyes:

I have have never once said Micromax was in the wrong. I have wondered if maybe OP did something behind the scenes with Cyngn that we don't know about. That's the piece I'm wondering may pop up if OP does indeed sue Cyngn in the California courts.

I've questioned why Cyngn terminated the contract with OP as it makes no business sense. People say it makes perfect sense but as soon as I throw facts around like the market and money and cheap ass phones people go quiet or spin it in their favor.

I've also said this could be nothing but a huge ass mistake on Cyngn's part which will probably be their undoing because of all the ill will now.

That's why I want to see if the lawsuit happens. That way we will find out what exactly happened between Cyngn and OP, as there is no proof of who is actually at fault. For all we know the contract may prevent them talking about it publicly until a court case (I haven't seen the contract so I don't know what limitations they placed on each other). Only thing we really do know is that it has to be settled in California.

I read what was said, but that still doesn't mean they didn't do it out of greed themselves. The friction could very well be that they don't believe O+ is paying them enough money, whereas O+ is just paying what they are contractually obligated to pay.

Also, it's fairly likely CM is threatening to pull support from the One immediately if they get sued. So O+ is probably in a catch-22 situation.

McMaster was also being a total jerk about it. Oh, how many of you contribute to Open Source?!?

I read what was said, but that still doesn't mean they didn't do it out of greed themselves. The friction could very well be that they don't believe O+ is paying them enough money, whereas O+ is just paying what they are contractually obligated to pay.

Also, it's fairly likely CM is threatening to pull support from the One immediately if they get sued. So O+ is probably in a catch-22 situation.

McMaster was also being a total jerk about it. Oh, how many of you contribute to Open Source?!?

Given how CM were jerks to their devs before they went corporate (and said devs jumped ship thereafter)...I could believe that CM saw the grass was greener and chose to be jerks again.

I don't care if there was "friction" between O+ and Cyanogen. Cyanogen is wrong here... period. And O+ is never, ever responsible for a contract that Cyanogen signed with someone else. Banning them is wrong and stupid.

Verizon probably won't let you activate it but has anyone tried popping in an already activated sim card like Nexus 6 situation? Looks like it supports lte band 4 which is all I care about and not xlte band 13.

Verizon probably won't let you activate it but has anyone tried popping in an already activated sim card like Nexus 6 situation? Looks like it supports lte band 4 which is all I care about and not xlte band 13.
Band 4 is XLTE (AWS)
Band 13 is their 700 mhz primary LTE band

You're right. Transposed. Lack of Verizon LTE band isn't very useful then. Maybe subsequent model will be more universal.

CM12S and OxygenOS to arrive in mid to late March
http://www.androidauthority.com/cm12s-oxygenos-arriving-in-march-589370/

OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei announced on Twitter that CM12S and OxygenOS will become available sometime around mid to late March.

It’s been heavily speculated that OxygenOS is meant to replace Cyanogen OS as the default ROM for OnePlus’ next smartphone. But when it comes to the One, Pei recently shed some light on how the company will handle the new OS. In a recent Reddit AMA, Pei explained that the OxygenOS update won’t be available as an OTA (over the air) update on the OnePlus One. He explains:

For the OnePlus One, it will likely not be an OTA, but rather a choice for users who want to try something new and are willing to flash it themselves.

OxygenOS will be a near stock-like build of Android, and the company says they are starting from the ground up on this one, putting only what they want in the OS, taking into consideration everything that users have been asking for.

I am interested in the OnePlus Two. I like the 5.5" screen size, and that seems to be the only new 5.5" Android phone due out this year, until maybe the G4 or Note 5 ( which is 5.7" )

I would expect the announcement reveal for the OnePlus Two, in April or May. And released in June or July.

Word is, they will increase the price over the $349 of the OPO, most speculating it will be in the $450 to $475 range, but rumored to be a high build quality.

I am interested in the OnePlus Two. I like the 5.5" screen size, and that seems to be the only new 5.5" Android phone due out this year, until maybe the G4 or Note 5 ( which is 5.7" )

I would expect the announcement reveal for the OnePlus Two, in April or May. And released in June or July.

Word is, they will increase the price over the $349 of the OPO, most speculating it will be in the $450 to $475 range, but rumored to be a high build quality.

You might even be able to buy it by April 2016, with an invite :D

Back