Sleeping Dogs

So, just to make sure, it is completely open and you can whatever the hell you want?

Yup.

Just wanna make sure I don't buy a bad game. Like with Just Cause 2, I got bored quickly because the cars were kinda useless and not very fun. And I like a little bit of story which is why I enjoyed GTA 4 more.

I loved Just Cause 2. I love this thing, too. Quite frankly it does a number of things better than GTA 4 but so have some other games that have come out since GTA 4. Rockstar has been put on notice and has to bring out the nukes on 5.

I can't see how you'll be disappointed. :)

I guarantee you that you won't regret it. Hope you didn't have any other plans for the weekend to say the least. ;)

Work from 8-5 on Saturday and Sunday and school starts Monday :(

I'll get as much in as I can though!

So I restarted steam and now it is downloading another 3.8gb :eek:

That much in patches and I guess it includes the HD texture pack :D

damn - I have plenty of stuff to play, but I love me a sandbox type of game that's open and looks great.

a GTA4 upgraded and in hong kong sounds like fun -- must resist urge to spend money though!

So I restarted steam and now it is downloading another 3.8gb :eek:

That much in patches and I guess it includes the HD texture pack :D

It's worth it. :)

Sorry about that work schedule. Been there. :(

damn - I have plenty of stuff to play, but I love me a sandbox type of game that's open and looks great.
a GTA4 upgraded and in hong kong sounds like fun -- must resist urge to spend money though!

I think it'll go down as one of the best games of the entire year. Seriously. If you're going to throw down some money for a new game anytime soon this is the one. Especially if you're a sandbox fan.

If you buy it through Green Man or Amazon, can you still get the high-res texture pack?

damn.. just spent $75 on games today alone.. :( Borderlands 2 pre-order and Sleeping dog. looking forward playing sleeping dog.

damn ill have to check that 30% coupon when I get home, if that brings the price to 35 dollars I will probably jump on it. I have the demo installed as well -- too bad I'm at work all day today. Oh well I get three days off during the week :)

26 hours worth of game time and sadly, I finished it. Absolutely fantastic game and the best I've played this year thus far.

Is it just me or does it seem like sometimes videos are missing? I was playing and randomly woke up in a newer and nicer apartment(the second one). Then I am calling people who I have never heard of. Other than that and the floaty mouse, the game is really fun though

I just picked this up today for my birthday. I'm looking forward to trying it in a couple days.

Is it just me or does it seem like sometimes videos are missing? I was playing and randomly woke up in a newer and nicer apartment(the second one). Then I am calling people who I have never heard of. Other than that and the floaty mouse, the game is really fun though

I don't think they explain some of the apartments. You just wake up there.

I think they should have worked in an elevator/warp system because it's ridiculous to have an apartment off the lobby of a high-rise. Lol.

Is it me or the game always at night time.. only time I see sunlight is I go to my house and sleep.. even then, a minute later of talking some AI and it's night time again.. :(..

I'm lovin this game. There's a jade statue and the temple thingy right in the middle of Central i think. I've been trying to reach it for like an hour now lol. You climb up all the construction boxes but then reach a dead end. It's driving me crazy :mad::mad::mad:

I feel like it's always raining in the game. Edit: For those on the fence about buying this game...do it. Well worth the money. Picture GTA IV with Asian gangsters. But the game looks gorgeous if you have the hardware and the storyline is good as well although not as in-depth as GTA IV.

I think the storyline is better in this vs GTA4 and a lot of the gameplay is, too.

Just started playing this. Seems good so far, though the mouse/keyboard controls are pretty meh.

I feel like it's always raining in the game. Edit: For those on the fence about buying this game...do it. Well worth the money. Picture GTA IV with Asian gangsters. But the game looks gorgeous if you have the hardware and the storyline is good as well although not as in-depth as GTA IV.

Its GTA-lite
The city is actually very small and youir very limited to where you can go despite the climbing mechanics etc.

I like the game very much so far. While the comparisons to GTA make sense, the story and such seems to vibe more with Mafia 2 for me which, content/time constraints aside, I absolutely loved.

calling this GTA lite is not quite right. This games has better fighting mechanics than GTA and overall its easy to stay focused on the story.

And it runs very well on all kind of computers.

The combat in general is far superior to GTA in nearly every way, plus Wei is an infinitely better character than Niko ever was. This might be my GOTY for 2012, got what I hoped for an more. Not too big a fan of the camera while driving, and some things are a bit clunky / could be fleshed out better -- like the driving, but so far it's pretty excellent and a lot of fun.

I've been playing all day, I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. :(

Back