Sleeping Dogs

Yep, it's nice to see, that when lots of people say that there are no fun games anymore, pearl like that show up and is pretty decent ported, with good graphics and control system.

Things like Mass Effect 3 or TOR, which were hyped beyond everything, do not deliver, and a game that no one really cared about and no one really suspected that it will prove that damn good. It's not revolution - everything we see in it was in other games, but putting all those elements together and not messing them up is very good job of devs and publishers. If you can't make revolutionary game, at least make your game fun to play, and we will buy it, and spread word about it.

I think I could even get some DLC for this game, if they will be more then car or clothes pack.
I also want part 2.... Sleeping Dogs: Shanghai :)

I also wonder, how this game will affect GTA 5..... Rockstar people would be mad, if they would see opinions like "GTA is okay, but nowhere as good as Sleeping Dogs" :)

It's one of several games that has come out since GTA4 that's thrown the gauntlet down as far as I'm concerned.

New patch is live!

Sleeping Dogs Update Released
Product Update - Valve 17:00
Sleeping Dogs – Patch 1.5 Release Notes

Stability
• Improved CPU timing to reduce issues where the game plays too quickly
• Various fixes to improve stability and minimize crashes during gameplay
• Fixed an issue with the Bink video player which may improve stability during in-game videos such as the title screens

Controls & Camera
• New option added! Aim Soft Lock: Lets the player enable or disable aiming assistance from the game
• New option added! Mouse Free Look: Enables/disables camera auto-centering behind the player when using the mouse and on foot
• New option added! Mouse Raw Input: When enabled, input is sampled directly from the mouse which improves responsiveness and accuracy on supported mice
• New option added! Mouse Sensitivity: A modifier that determines how much speed is recorded from mouse movement
• Mouse camera logic has been reworked for improved precision (independent of the raw mouse input option)
• The Action Hijack binding is now independent of the Sprint/Parkour key value
• While driving players can now use the mouse to look up and down
• While driving the camera no longer immediately auto-centers when you stop moving the mouse
• The high-speed camera shake while driving has been reduced
• Mouse sensitivity no longer differs when Wei is and isn’t carrying a gun

UI
• Front End screens now support a button help bar that is fully interactive via mouse
• Users are now able to exit screens by pressing the Back button
• Corrected all issues when exiting a screen using the Backspace and Esc keys
• It’s now possible to switch sections by clicking on the corresponding icons or tab headers
• The mouse wheel will scroll through all relevant lists in the user interface
• Mouse hit regions have been fine-tuned throughout the front end to improve user experience

Great support for this game!

I also wonder, how this game will affect GTA 5..... Rockstar people would be mad, if they would see opinions like "GTA is okay, but nowhere as good as Sleeping Dogs" :)

I'll be honest, I still prefer GTA IV. I like Sleeping Dogs, but it isn't a GTA killer or a true replacement. Great alternative to help me until GTA V comes out though ;)

Personally think it shits all over gta! much more detail in the game world, prefer the gameplay too.

Since I just ordered a new 7950, I get a free copy of this game. Looking forward to checking it out.

The graphics are kickass or what? Is it DX11?

Patch looks nice. The camera while driving was definitely a huge problem, especially when trying to back up and turn to get un-stuck.

Another kind of stupid thing with the game is when you get up into the higher police wanted levels, cop cars will literally spawn right in front of or behind you. Like, I've had cops spawn 10 feet in front of me, and then when I had almost outrun the last car, another one spawned 10 feet behind me. I know they need to make it challenging but, please, not with stupid bullshit like that.

Patch looks nice. The camera while driving was definitely a huge problem, especially when trying to back up and turn to get un-stuck.

Another kind of stupid thing with the game is when you get up into the higher police wanted levels, cop cars will literally spawn right in front of or behind you. Like, I've had cops spawn 10 feet in front of me, and then when I had almost outrun the last car, another one spawned 10 feet behind me. I know they need to make it challenging but, please, not with stupid bullshit like that.

I just ram them off the road. It only takes a few hits and the second you disable them they're effectively out of the game. I thought it was really, really easy to get away in nearly any situation.

I just ram them off the road. It only takes a few hits and the second you disable them they're effectively out of the game. I thought it was really, really easy to get away in nearly any situation.

Yeah, except at wanted level 3 you end up having to do that for like 10 cop vans because they constantly spawn. It's really just annoying more than anything.

Yeah, except at wanted level 3 you end up having to do that for like 10 cop vans because they constantly spawn. It's really just annoying more than anything.

Get the perk that lowers your wanting level when you action hijack any car... Then just jump cars. :)

It's one of several games that has come out since GTA4 that's thrown the gauntlet down as far as I'm concerned.

New patch is live!

Great support for this game!

Wow, that list really hit a lot of issues I've been having on the head. Now it isn't just amazing, it's incredible. :)

I'll be honest, I still prefer GTA IV. I like Sleeping Dogs, but it isn't a GTA killer or a true replacement. Great alternative to help me until GTA V comes out though ;)

I don't think the game itself is a GTA killer or replacement, but the fact that they're patching the game so quickly, [for me] puts it above GTA.

These patches almost make you wonder if they care about their game and want to see it be successful. It's a shame every game doesn't get support like this.

I miss the shaky cam whilst driving at high speeds. How could people mistake it as a performance issue is beyond my comprehension lol...

Wait, they removed it? instead of simply having it be an option? lol I knew exactly what the effect was and I liked it because it gave you a sense of speed,t hat sucks if it's gone and you can't turn it on.

I actually didn't really like the shaking, so it works for me. I didn't think it was a performance issue but it just gave you the impression of being unstable all the time, IMO.

55400DB93AD90129ACC23715C341689A5A3978DF

love this game

Game is $35 again on greenmangaming.com with the code GMG30-916H7-0TG16

I would get this but I am still using Windows XP :( :( :(

Fucking thing is too expensive!

It's worth it. :)

So they have now fixed the mouse/camera controls?

Big time improvement. Go into the game controls menu and there's additional options specific to the mouse that make all the difference in the world.

This is from the patch notes:

Controls & Camera
• New option added! Aim Soft Lock: Lets the player enable or disable aiming assistance from the game
• New option added! Mouse Free Look: Enables/disables camera auto-centering behind the player when using the mouse and on foot
• New option added! Mouse Raw Input: When enabled, input is sampled directly from the mouse which improves responsiveness and accuracy on supported mice
• New option added! Mouse Sensitivity: A modifier that determines how much speed is recorded from mouse movement
• Mouse camera logic has been reworked for improved precision (independent of the raw mouse input option)
• The Action Hijack binding is now independent of the Sprint/Parkour key value
• While driving players can now use the mouse to look up and down
• While driving the camera no longer immediately auto-centers when you stop moving the mouse
• The high-speed camera shake while driving has been reduced
• Mouse sensitivity no longer differs when Wei is and isn’t carrying a gun

These are huge.

Big time improvement. Go into the game controls menu and there's additional options specific to the mouse that make all the difference in the world.

This is from the patch notes:

These are huge.

Good. It took a fair amount of bitching by myself and many others on the official forums to get them to acknowledge there were issues with the k/m controls.

Won't be able to test the patch though until I return from a trip at the end of the month. Now looking forward to being able to play the game with my preferred choice of input.

Holy shit, I can't stop playing this game.I'm not trying to blow through the main story line since there's quite a bit of shit to do on the side. On the cop side I'm up to the mission regarding the surgeon and some interesting recent triad deaths. On the Triad side, I just finished the missions leading up to Ricky and Wei's bonding moment after the shootout with the 18k. I want to do some more of the races before I continue on with the story lines. I think I have 19 hours logged so far.

Holy shit, I can't stop playing this game.I'm not trying to blow through the main story line since there's quite a bit of shit to do on the side. On the cop side I'm up to the mission regarding the surgeon and some interesting recent triad deaths. On the Triad side, I just finished the missions leading up to Ricky and Wei's bonding moment after the shootout with the 18k. I want to do some more of the races before I continue on with the story lines. I think I have 19 hours logged so far.

FYI, you can keep playing after the last mission and finish ANY side quest

The Dim Mak counter pretty much make you impervious.
I always grab food, tea, massages before I start missions or go on a car jacking, pedestrian killing rampage.

Good to know that I can keep playing the side missions after the main story is complete.

Yeah one of the last missions (sort of escape one) was pretty tight. I think this maybe one of the very few games that I actually replay...

Is SLI working for people? I have the latest drivers, but SLI is not working since in bench I get about 70 fps average.

Heard lots of good things, tried the demo and loved it. Will be getting this :).

GOTY for me too so far, but there is new Hitman coming in a few :) And I like the ending cutscene... At least SE didnt pull the stupid "hero must heroically die" like ME3 did :), though till last moment, I couldn't guess the details of ending, which was great.

And other funny things that SE took the ip, that Kotick killed, and turned into profit and made a great game. See, Activision, some other games that cloned CoDs are selling :)

Back