Sleeping Dogs

I would suggest it as well, although I feel like they really need to bring out some DLC.

System specs?

AMD 965
GTX 560ti 2GB
8GB DDR2
Win 7 64bit

Crysis 2 with the HD texture pack runs better.

And that CTD set me back about an hour of game time. :( Also seems like the CTD "deleted" some of my quests. I'll be asking for a refund. This game isn't worth it even at bargain bin prices.

I don't know what DLC would do for this game. I think that its strong suit is the main storyline. I didn't feel the need to play through and finish up side missions or buy new clothes or cars.

AMD 965
GTX 560ti 2GB
8GB DDR2
Win 7 64bit

Crysis 2 with the HD texture pack runs better.

And that CTD set me back about an hour of game time. :(

The game is very cpu limited unlike Crysis 2. You still should be able to turn down some settings and gain some performance. It'll still look good.

I don't know what DLC would do for this game. I think that its strong suit is the main storyline. I didn't feel the need to play through and finish up side missions or buy new clothes or cars.

Maybe be another character and have a new story and some things to do like GTA 4's expansions.

i beat the game, it was great but im hoping for more. i wish there was a better weapon system where you can have more weapons.

either way Steam will offer their own version of GOTY by bundling the game + all DLC for a crazy low price probably by their Winter Sale

Probably not but we'll see.

Still no reason to pass on the game now if you see it at a good price. You can always buy the interesting dlc later.

Yeah, so far the DLC hasn't been anything to write home about. Not even cars or weapons, just money and points.

Just got the game. Maybe it is just me but, the voice acting is actually really good in this game; for the most part.
Though the mouse and keyboard controls are a little awkward at first, but you get a hang of it.
My favorite part of the game so far. "You can tell Winston to stick a Bok Choy up his ass"

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I've not really been following the thread super-closely since I haven't played this since the demo:

the game encroaches on my second monitor when in fullscreen mode. Not a big deal but kind of irritating if I have something else running there (which I do 100% of the time). The only relevant thing google returns is a question on the steam forums showing the same thing, with no responses. Known issue, known solutions?

http://i.imgur.com/xsW7w.jpg

Does anyone have experience running Eyefinity and/or Crossfire with this game?

Nobody answered this so I thought I'd answer my own question :D

Eyefinity is amazing in this game, works right off the bat. The view on the side screens isn't too elongated either, unlike some other games.

Crossfire seems a bit choppy, most of the time I get 60fps+ at 5760x1080 with everything maxed except medium AA but occasionally it would dip to 25-40fps. Not just random dips - it would stay at 25-40fps for a few mins with GPU utilisation at 60-70% and return to normal bit later.

Really enjoying the game though, the humour and authenticity of the city are what really stand out.

Figured out what feels wrong with the character movement. He doesn't strafe with WASD like in basically every other game, he kind of gets steered from side to side like a car. Or more accurately, a cow with someone hanging off its neck. Fifteen hours of play and only just realised.

Just got the game. Maybe it is just me but, the voice acting is actually really good in this game; for the most part.
Though the mouse and keyboard controls are a little awkward at first, but you get a hang of it.
My favorite part of the game so far. "You can tell Winston to stick a Bok Choy up his ass"

The story I found to be very entertaining, despite it feeling at times like it was heavily edited....felt like stuff was skipped or cut out. But your character is excellent and the voice acting is great.
Once the story was over I didnt care to play the game again, realizing that its the character, the dialogue and the story that made the game great.

Im in the camp that GTA was a much bigger and better game, but I never cared about Niko...Shen is great. It was great using him to shitkick everything that moved.

gunplay was shitty

Whoever it was I saw complaining about the unresponsive combat was right. It's not just the combat though, the game in general suffers from it, it feels like it has a max of 2 inputs registered at any one time between the mouse and the keyboard, like a shitty cheap USB keyboard with 3KRO or something. Lots of fights I find myself just hammering WASD, space, mouse buttons, anything, and the guy is just standing on the spot doing fuck all. Or you'll be driving and go to hit Q for the action hijack thing, or left shift to fire a weapon, and the steering gets all fucky or you can't move your camera around. I don't think it is related to the missed combo recovery time thing after all, since it persists between vehicles and regular foot movement as well as fights.

Wouldn't be a big deal except for how much the game relies on this stuff. When I can't get the idiot to walk normally up to a car door and get in, and instead find myself vaulting over it back and forth trying to just do something productive, it detracts a lot from the enjoyment of the game.

Lots of fights I find myself just hammering WASD, space, mouse buttons, anything, and the guy is just standing on the spot doing fuck all.

The fighting in the game is not the button bashing type...

But one thing that really annoys me is how the camera moves when you're reversing in the car, it makes it really awkward to run over the thugs in narrow spaces as the camera's moving all over the place.

Whoever it was I saw complaining about the unresponsive combat was right. It's not just the combat though, the game in general suffers from it, it feels like it has a max of 2 inputs registered at any one time between the mouse and the keyboard, like a shitty cheap USB keyboard with 3KRO or something. Lots of fights I find myself just hammering WASD, space, mouse buttons, anything, and the guy is just standing on the spot doing fuck all. Or you'll be driving and go to hit Q for the action hijack thing, or left shift to fire a weapon, and the steering gets all fucky or you can't move your camera around. I don't think it is related to the missed combo recovery time thing after all, since it persists between vehicles and regular foot movement as well as fights.

Wouldn't be a big deal except for how much the game relies on this stuff. When I can't get the idiot to walk normally up to a car door and get in, and instead find myself vaulting over it back and forth trying to just do something productive, it detracts a lot from the enjoyment of the game.

Glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

On the bright side, I'm only a few hours into the game so I haven't really gotten to use any weapons, but that doesn't matter cause combat in this game is friggin awesome (when it works :p)

Never really finished this actually, but I got pretty far and I agree about the controls. They can be super weird sometimes and it feels like you're fighting the controls rather than the actual enemies. :p

Also, regarding weapons, like 90% of the game is just hand-to-hand combat and the gunplay isn't particularly impressive. I will say that the sounds/feel of the guns do make them feel pretty good and powerful, though.

The fighting in the game is not the button bashing type...

But one thing that really annoys me is how the camera moves when you're reversing in the car, it makes it really awkward to run over the thugs in narrow spaces as the camera's moving all over the place.

I know that. I mean I mash anything out of desperation when it stops responding, hoping for at least something to register so I can stop standing on the spot taking blows on all sides like a twat.

This game is 1/2 off on Steam today for anyone who has been on the fence (like me)!

My rig can't keep a constant 60 frames while playing Sleeping Dogs on the highest settings. :(

My rig can't keep a constant 60 frames while playing Sleeping Dogs on the highest settings. :(

Something monstrously wrong then. I played fine on a MUCH weaker system and was able to jack up the settings with ultra-smooth performance at 1920x1080. Is Vsync off for you? How do other games play? Virus scan? Registry errors? What drivers you running, newest nvidias?

Something monstrously wrong then. I played fine on a MUCH weaker system and was able to jack up the settings with ultra-smooth performance at 1920x1080. Is Vsync off for you? How do other games play? Virus scan? Registry errors? What drivers you running, newest nvidias?

Newest drivers, I play at 1200p. This was with medium AA in the game settings. Everything else highest.

Newest drivers, I play at 1200p. This was with medium AA in the game settings. Everything else highest.

Something's wrong then, must be some kind of hardware conflict. You know those dumb ass scenarios where a person has a great computer, but a certain game plays like shit, whereas someone else has a far worse setup and plays it just fine.

Edit: http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2213

Seems some people are having issues, that's not the only thread. That card specifically it seems. But that's from August...heh...looks like the issues still exist.

What if you turn off AA all together? Any difference?

Something's wrong then, must be some kind of hardware conflict. You know those dumb ass scenarios where a person has a great computer, but a certain game plays like shit, whereas someone else has a far worse setup and plays it just fine.

Edit: http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2213

Seems some people are having issues, that's not the only thread. That card specifically it seems. But that's from August...heh...looks like the issues still exist.

What if you turn off AA all together? Any difference?

If I use the AA from the Nvidia control panel everything is fine and dandy.

This game is 1/2 off on Steam today for anyone who has been on the fence (like me)!

$24.99 is a good deal...I've also been waiting for a price drop but I think I'll wait to see what the Steam Holiday sale brings

25$ for this game is a great price! anyone on the fence should jump on it , its one of the rare game i actually wanted to finish before playing anything else. Shen is a BOSS!

Grabbed the game and the high-res pack but haven't really played it yet since I bought Dishonored the day before. Are the in-game benchmarks pretty good measures for framerates? I kept AA at "normal" and pulled between 76 and 48 FPS with an average of 60. Performance-wise, it reminded me of Arkham City at a glance.

They really need to patch the hkship.exe not responding issues or release new nvidia drivers because I've never experienced more random crash to desktops than while playing this game. It's fun, looks nice, and has a mildly interesting story but it's (in my opinion) not nearly as good as GTA IV or Saints Row 3.

Another annoyance is I have to run it in borderless fullscreen mode for the gameplay to not be jittery -- and even then while drying in the day time the frame rate tanks to 45 or so no matter what the display settings.

25$ for this game is a great price! anyone on the fence should jump on it , its one of the rare game i actually wanted to finish before playing anything else. Shen is a BOSS!

yes! me! me! im on the fence! i was waiting for dlc galore but enough! i'll see if i get it this week! :D

They really need to patch the hkship.exe not responding issues or release new nvidia drivers because I've never experienced more random crash to desktops than while playing this game. It's fun, looks nice, and has a mildly interesting story but it's (in my opinion) not nearly as good as GTA IV or Saints Row 3.

Another annoyance is I have to run it in borderless fullscreen mode for the gameplay to not be jittery -- and even then while drying in the day time the frame rate tanks to 45 or so no matter what the display settings.

Apparently it only happens to GTX680 users, I have the same problem. My buddy who has a reference GTX670 has no issues at all.

This game's price is dropping fast. I still have plenty of other games to finish, so even at $25, I'll hold out.

I was getting some weird jitters with the camera and "fixed" it by going from fullscreen to a window, and back to fullscreen. I've only played the game for a few minutes thus far, but it definitely fixed the first two areas.

Back