Sleeping Dogs

I played around a little after the patch. Didn't notice anything unusual, but maybe performance increased a little? I dunno.
I enjoyed the hell out of Sleeping Dogs. It truly is the next-gen Grand Theft Auto game I wanted. Shooting was probably the only weak point, but luckily there really isn't all that much shooting anyway.
Not sure if this is covered by the DLC, but plot-wise, it does seem to have 4-5 different side plots that start, but are never addressed again. The girls? The rapper from the club? The hackable cameras around town that aren't related to triad activity?

Another fairly large update coming through now.

New DLC is out:
Sleeping Dogs: Zodiac Tournament, all new content for Sleeping Dogs is Now Available on Steam!

The Zodiac Tournament invites you to become the dragon and unleash your fists of fury! You must utilize all of your best moves as well as some new ones, to defeat the island’s hidden big boss as Wei enters this deadly game of death. New fighting styles, new combatants and new collectibles are also included in this retro gameplay add-on.

$5

Sleeping Dogs is on GMG for $11.90 after the coupon code, plus you get the choice of $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit. I took the credit, so essentially only paid $6 for the game.

Sleeping Dogs is on GMG for $11.90 after the coupon code, plus you get the choice of $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit. I took the credit, so essentially only paid $6 for the game.

Nice, I didn't know about the coupon. I ended up paying 1.90 after 10 dollar credit from X-com I bought a while back. And getting 6 gmg creds.

Thanks.

man i swooped this game when it was on sale on steam. wish i saw the GMG coupon but thats okay.. i paid 16 and i can tell you I wouldve paid 60.

this game is fantastic. it looks great, runs great, and its entertaining as shit.

i havent been able to put it down really. the only thing thats gay is how slow i get face levels. i want cooler clothes bro :)

man i swooped this game when it was on sale on steam. wish i saw the GMG coupon but thats okay.. i paid 16 and i can tell you I wouldve paid 60.

this game is fantastic. it looks great, runs great, and its entertaining as shit.

i havent been able to put it down really. the only thing thats gay is how slow i get face levels. i want cooler clothes bro :)

You some kinda queer boy? Jk.

Beat the game and shut the hell up before I slap you. :cool:

Insane deal for one of the best games of the year.

I wound up buying the game through Amazon & collected a few of the DLC from Steam. I'm looking forward to playing it at some point soon after I beat Saints Row 3. I might try Mafia 2 in the mix as well. I absolutely love games like this. :)

I don't generally like GTA type games but I loved this one for some reason. The story drew me in and I couldn't put it down. I want to play through it again once my backlog is a little shorter (if that ever happens). If anyone is on the fence, definitely don't hesitate to pick it up.

I picked up some of the DLC, the fun one's, enjoying the game so far. I am playing with my wireless 360 controller and no problems to date.

I still need to grab some of the DLC for this one, but the main game was EASILY worth the price, even at retail. It was the next-gen GTA game everyone had been waiting for. It’s almost funny to go back and play GTA4 after trying it, too. It’s like you’re underwater and it still runs horribly by comparison.
Sleeping Dogs is like Batman at GTA mixed together, but it looks better than either of ‘em.

I haven't played it in a while after finishing my second run-through. Might spend some time with it tomorrow and pick up the Zodiac Tournament for some freshness

I like the driving mechanics, but the weird "shaky-cam" thing is a little irritating. They give you little rewards for driving safely (without hitting anything or braking) and the only real way to get that one is to get the slowest thing you can find and get on the long freeway.

people play multiplayer on this game?

i actually thought the driving was dope, especially motorcycles

I much preferred Saints Row's series driving feeling. TBH it's just a personal preference thing I guess.

I much preferred Saints Row's series driving feeling. TBH it's just a personal preference thing I guess.

My favorite driving by far is in GTA 4. It felt fucked up in this game, but the motorcycles sure were badass at least.

I like the game, but I noticed in combat timing is everything, mashing buttons doesn't help.

I like the game, but I noticed in combat timing is everything, mashing buttons doesn't help.

That's pretty true.... but there is a side mission where you just fight endless numbers of enemies ( I never got it to stop, atleast ) and I mashed the living crap out of attack after I got the butcher knife. Killed so many guys, that weapon is ridiculous.

On the mission with the mini-bus early on, completed it, cannot get out of the bus to take a new mission. Tried with Enter, cannot park it in a parking garage either, wtf. Ragequit the game.

One of my favorite games of this gen, really hope the clones over at SE let United Front make another one.

I like it more than GTA5, to be honest. The game mechanics are just a lot better.

I agree although by the time GTA5 comes out on the PC with all that goes with it that will be a more interesting direct comparison.

I think Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.

I agree although by the time GTA5 comes out on the PC with all that goes with it that will be a more interesting direct comparison.

I think Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.

Yeah I'm hoping the mouse can make up for the console versions' lacklustre aiming controls. Trying to shoot moving targets while driving is pretty horrid.

You drive it back to your boss. There will be a green light symbol to show the location. Park there and get out.

On the mission with the mini-bus early on, completed it, cannot get out of the bus to take a new mission. Tried with Enter, cannot park it in a parking garage either, wtf. Ragequit the game.

I love Sleeping Dogs. Great graphics and animation with a fun slant toward the fighting game genre, too.
I bought it on sale for $19 in the Spring and spent tons and tons of time with it.
IMO it's a great example of how a PC port should be handled. My only gripe is that when you start driving extra fast, it almost looks like the game is glitching, but it's intentional and you get used to it.

Yeah I'm hoping the mouse can make up for the console versions' lacklustre aiming controls. Trying to shoot moving targets while driving is pretty horrid.

Yes it is. Aiming in general leaves something to be desired but that's the usual "can't beat the precision of a KBM" thing.

Unless they really screw the pooch on the PC version...and I doubt they will...I expect to have my shooting accuracy ratings increase significantly in that vs now.

Incidentally I'm looking forward to the eventual Sleeping Dogs 2 and Just Cause 3.

When driving it feels like a cement truck full of cement. Just all over the place when trying to turn, etc. But that could just be me though.

The only thing i didn't like were the missions near the end with the guns. every thing else was great.

I absolutely loved this game. This game caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting like it as much as I did. My only complaint is I thought the world was a little on the small side.

I can't wait for the next one to come out.

Finished the main game to almost %100 percent completion minus some of the stuff in the DLC. The main game really shines but the DLC can't compare.

Finished the main game to almost %100 percent completion minus some of the stuff in the DLC. The main game really shines but the DLC can't compare.

I thought the Zodiac Tournament and wheels of fury were cool. Mainly because they were integrated with the main game. I thought the others were mediocre and I didn't like how they were separate from main game.

Back