Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

Adrianne Avenicci? She gives me only two choices. I didn't run in an issue there with vanilla Skyrim but based on the code it can happen. If the focus somehow is on another item when you click it may actually activate another option.

My mod addresses wrong selection with the keyboard. That said I'd love to look at the issue if you can find a reproducible scenario. Do you have mods that give Adrianna more dialog options? PS: Actually my mod makes an extra getTopMostEntity() (ie. find clicked item) just when you click, so in theory clicking and activating a different item shouldn't happen with the mod. if it does let me know :)

If you don't do any quests for Adrianne, she has ~4-5 dialogue choices.

If you don't do any quests for Adrianne, she has ~4-5 dialogue choices.

Okay I think I noticed the issue you mentioned with another follower. I described it here on Beth forums. I think it's the same. Indeed on vanilla when you go "up" a menu, it does not always properly reset the current menu position.

Do you guys download mods from Steam Workshop or from Skyrim Nexus? Do any of you use the Nexus Mod Manager?

Do guys download mods from Steam Workshop or from Skyrim Nexus? Do any of you use the Nexus Mod Manager?
i use the nexus mod manager

if you're downloading mods from the nexus site, selecting "download with manager" is the easiest way to install the mods. it downloads them within the NMM, and then it goes into your mod list and you just have to activate them from within the program.

Do you guys download mods from Steam Workshop or from Skyrim Nexus? Do any of you use the Nexus Mod Manager?

There seems to be only a handful of good ones on workshop that you can't get on nexus. I just don't like how workshop forces mod updates which can break your game. I think mod authors can even take away a mod in the middle of your playthrough, which could seriously break things or cause savegame bloat. (I don't mean while you're playing, but when you restart your game)

What you can do is unsubscribe after downloading and packaging the mod from workshop.

What you can do is unsubscribe after downloading and packaging the mod from workshop.

Yeah, I did that once. It does take the "easy" out of it though. If the mod is worth the hassle I'll do it again though.

Id stay away from the Steam workshop. It adds to load times and breaks games if the connection is down. plus the authors all seem to harrass the hell out of you. which is why I just got rid of it entirely.

The Nexus has more stuff, has more complex stuff (and more...not allowed on Steam stuff) and just works better. plus the Nexus launcher has an easy SKSE launch option. :D

Last edited:
Since this has everything to do with Mods, I was wondering if someone can shed some light onto why my game performance is so bad. The game lags horribly in towns and when I try to enter one it takes a good 5 minutes to load the city. Here's a quick rundown.

Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
4GB DDR3 1333 G.Skill
PNY GTX 560Ti OC'd Edition @ 1024MB
1920x1080 HDTV

AA Off
AF Off
All details are on High
All four are checked on Water Reflection
View Distance sliders are all set at about half way with Medium ODF.

I'm using ENB 0.121 with SSAO disabled with Skyrim Visual Immersion III with the following mods...

http://db.tt/3Pg3b5IQ

Last edited:
Glorious Grass and Vurts Flora Overhaul can have a noticable impact on your FPS.

I'm on 2560x1440 and going from 53 FPS to 43 FPS average with Vurts on and off. (in one specific location with a savegame point so I can easily compare).

I remember trying Glorious Grass before and I think it was worse.

Did you try Vurts without Glorious Grass? I have TONS of grass with Vurts, you may not need both.

Actually atm I'm trying to find INI settings that would reduce the FPS hit. I tried The Low Res version of Vurts and it changed nothing.

I tried bShadowsOnGrass=0 and the FPS gain was too small to bother (2-3 FPS).

Whoah, iMinGrassSize=40 (instead of default 20) in Skyrim.ini => 10 FPS gain. Grass is spaced out a little more, but it's fine.

I can't wait to try "Wet and Cold" but I wish there was a reliable way to tell when a mod is highly sensible to load order, as in, not in relation to other mods, but simply if you move it around, then some "links" are borken in the savegame. I don't know the details but I read something about the load order actually changes the IDs in the savegame.

From what I understand this is an issue with adding new weapons, armors, other items. But how do you know for sure it's one of those mods that you can't move around in Wrye Bash?

Semi-final version of The Cruddy Barrel (player home in my Snowbound Acres mod):
TESV2012-12-0118-13-54-59s.jpg

TESV2012-12-0118-14-34-54s.jpg

Are there any mods yet that change the way leveling works? I absolutely loathe skill usage based leveling. Creates too many issues with non-combat skills.

OblivionXP completely changed the way I played / thought about Oblivion.

SkyrimXP is what I'm waiting on but it looks like that project is on hold until the scripting and UI addons mature more.

SkyrimXP is the only experience point leveling system I know about, and, like you stated, it's on hold.

Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the full 2K texture pack and the light version? I'm hitting my VRAM limit (1gb), and I'm not sure if I should put Skyrim on hold until I upgrade.

Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the full 2K texture pack and the light version? I'm hitting my VRAM limit (1gb), and I'm not sure if I should put Skyrim on hold until I upgrade.

I did a comparison several months ago and there was nearly no visual difference between the two.

IMO, it is somewhat likely you'll be experiencing crashing with that mod list as you have some fairly encompassing mods and some unclean ones. Midas Magic was made prior to the CK so who knows how well made it is. Warzones is known to cause crashing.

IMO, it is somewhat likely you'll be experiencing crashing with that mod list as you have some fairly encompassing mods and some unclean ones. Midas Magic was made prior to the CK so who knows how well made it is. Warzones is known to cause crashing.

Good to know, thanks - I've removed Midas Magic from my list. I think I'm going to give Warzones a try and see how things go - I really like the concept and hopefully it won't crash on me.

Anything else on my list I should be aware of?

Some people have had issues with SkyTEST and Footprints. They are good mods though so likely worth a try.

I'm not sure if PISE is needed when you have ASIS running as I think ASIS incorporates most of PISE.

If you have Dawnguard then Conjure Rideable Ethereal Horse probably isn't needed since you get a summonable horse.

If you run ENB with sun rays, then I don't suggest a sun glare mod. And I think you have two sun glare mods.

Warburgs map likely isn't compatible with A Quality World Map unless a patch was made recently.

Lush Grass isn't needed with Skyrim Flora Overhaul as SFO already has its own.

Check through PISE, ASIS and Enhanced High-Level Gameplay, as they each affect enemy levelled lists. I'd pick ASIS as it's the most up-to-date (PISE is it's predecessor, EHLG was last updated in April), and it uses a patching method for high compatibility. But I don't know if there's something PISE did that ASIS does not yet, nor what specifically EHLG does.

Your listed graphics mods needs pruning too, as there's a number of conflicts. Alternate Sunglare and Insaneoh's Sunglare? RCRN, RLwC, and PT-CoT, on top of using an ENB and FXAA PPI?

Crafting mods maybe. I don't know them that well at all, but there might be some redundancy with those listed.

Thanks, this is extremely helpful!

What do you guys recommend for graphics mods? As I mentioned, I just built a new computer that should be able to handle just about anything (i5-3450, OC'd 7870), so I'm open to suggestions.

What do you guys recommend for graphics mods? As I mentioned, I just built a new computer that should be able to handle just about anything (i5-3450, OC'd 7870), so I'm open to suggestions.

These are all listed on the first page of the thread. I guess this is my "Top 10 Must Have." I really think the following list adds so much to the game. The ENB is optional, but I really think it adds the finishing touches to the look of the game. Really completing it and creating a believable gameplay.

MUST HAVE - Skyrim Script Extender

Patch ( Skyrim ) - Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Patch ( Dawnguard ) - Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

ENB - SkyRealism - ENB Evolved

Flora - Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Landscape / City Textures - Skyrim HD

UI - SkyUI

Immersion ( Armor ) - Immersive Armors

Immersion ( Weapons ) - Immersive Weapons

Textures ( Women - CONTAINS NUDITY ) Calientes Female Body

Textures ( Men - CONTAINS NUDITY ) Better Males

Textures ( Misc ) - Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Textures ( NPC Clothes ) - Improved NPC Clothing

Water - WATER

Overhaul - Skyrim Redone

Weather / Lighting - Project Reality

Last edited:
These are all listed on the first page of the thread. I guess this is my "Top 10 Must Have." I really think the following list adds so much to the game. The ENB is optional, but I really think it adds the finishing touches to the look of the game. Really completing it and creating a believable gameplay.

MUST HAVE - Skyrim Script Extender

Patch ( Skyrim ) - Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Patch ( Dawnguard ) - Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

ENB - SkyRealism - ENB Evolved

Flora - Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Landscape / City Textures - Skyrim HD

UI - SkyUI

Immersion ( Armor ) - Immersive Armors

Immersion ( Weapons ) - Immersive Weapons

Textures ( Women - CONTAINS NUDITY ) Calientes Female Body

Textures ( Men - CONTAINS NUDITY ) Better Males

Textures ( Misc ) - Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Textures ( NPC Clothes ) - Improved NPC Clothing

Water - WATER

Overhaul - Skyrim Redone

Weather / Lighting - Project Reality

Thanks. So are you saying that I only need the following for graphics mods and I can cut all the others?

SkyRealism - ENB Evolved
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Skyrim HD
Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Improved NPC Clothing
WATER
Project Reality

I am definitely getting the Script Extender and SkyUI, but I don't consider those graphics mods per se. I'm not a fan of unnecessary nudity in my games. I'm also not planning to try SkyRe until a later play through.

Wasn't there a mod that installed all the textures for you? Basically it would try to get the "best" of all the texture packs and if some overwrote each other it would try to find the texture that clashed with the theme the least.

Anyone use that?

Texture Combiner attempts to combine many of the big and popular texture mods in a seamless, mostly automated, manner. Download the textures you want to use, extract them in the folder setup the TC readme says, and run the batch.

STEP is a guided setup with similar goals (a high res Skyrim with minimal 'visual conflicts' to the vanilla style). It covers good user-end modding practices, order of mod installs and their general impact on your system (vram usage, structural issues(stability), and baseline settings used), ini tweaks, etc. The Texture Combiner above is used in the guide. Updates to the guide itself have been delayed, so newer mods that may be better in-line with STEPs goals won't be listed in the pdf itself (maybe on the STEP wiki/forums).

Have you played Skyrim before, Mothakes; console or otherwise? General advice is to play through the vanilla game (vanilla mechanics at least), and note what you personally see that could use improving. Then start adding mods one (few) at a time to test if you like them or not.

I'd definitely suggest giving the STEP guide a read through, as well as a lot of the links within the pdf (install notes and modding practices, etc.). Even if you don't use many of the mods listed, the rest of the read will save you from many headaches down the road.

Last edited:
Texture Combiner attempts to combine many of the big and popular texture mods in a seamless manner in a mostly automated way. Download the textures you want to use, extract them in the folder setup the TC readme says, and run the batch.

STEP is a guided setup with similar goals (a high res Skyrim with minimal 'visual conflicts' to the vanilla style). It covers good user-end modding practices, order of mod installs and their general impact on your system (vram usage, structural issues(stability), and baseline settings used), ini tweaks, etc. The Texture Combiner above is used in the guide. Updates to the guide itself have been delayed, so newer mods that may be better in-line with STEPs goals won't be listed in the pdf itself (maybe on the STEP wiki/forums).

Have you played Skyrim before, Mothakes; console or otherwise? General advice is to play through the vanilla game (vanilla mechanics at least), and note what you personally see that could use improving. Then start adding mods one (few) at a time to test if you like them or not.

I'd definitely suggest giving the STEP guide a read through, as well as a lot of the links within the pdf (install notes and modding practices, etc.). Even if you don't use many of the mods listed, the rest of the read will save you from many headaches down the road.

Very helpful, thanks.

I have played before - I put in about 160 hours on PS3 before the lag / crashing issues became too much to handle. However, by that time the technical glitches were almost an excuse to step away because (1) I was overpowered and wasn't challenged anymore, even on master difficulty, and (2) I had so much money that it wasn't worth my time to loot anything, which was something I really enjoyed early on.

My mod list started around correcting those two problems, then grew substantially when I saw all the awesome improvements that were going on. This will be my first time modding an Elder Scrolls game - I played vanilla Morrowind forever and never got into Oblivion - so any tips are certainly appreciated.

Also, since you mentioned it, what is everyone's thoughts on the unofficial patch?
I see the applicable unofficial patches as 'no reason NOT to install' sort of mods. The numerous entry fixes go a long way for a more consistent/stable base. Though they should be among the first to be installed/loaded and let other more finicky mods take precedence in vanilla data modifications.

As for tips; the more planning and research you can put in, the better. Figuring out what you want out of the game such as difficulty, immersion level, content variety, etc. will help better determine what mods will best fit your playstyle and what mods will be redundant/wasted space.

Some questions to help define your needs more:
Wanting more twitch-based combat difficulty, or just healthier, damaging, higher leveled enemies? More creature types? Larger quantities of enemies?
Would you enjoy survival mechanics such as hunger/thirst or hypothermia (freezing to death)? Do you dislike convenience mechanics like world map-fast travel or base health regen?
Much of a fashionista, or do you prefer stats over looks? Need a variety of outfits or will you settle with one look?
What kind of character will you be playing? Sneaky or brutish; finger wiggling or limb-ripping? Going for a werewolf or vampire? Will you be playing your character with a personality/code of ethics to determine his/her story? Or is anything game?
Focus on or completely avoid the Main Quest?

More specific to your two problems:
1) Challenge: Many choices here. You could add a combat mechanic mod like Duel, Deadly Combat, or Duke Patrick's, all three giving varying amounts of increased twitch/precision needs. ACE has positional and 'motion state' awareness in it's combat module, so attacking from the back or a stunned target is more deadly (as well as it's BYOG module that let's you tweak the stats side of combat). ASIS is highly configurable and can solve the leveling and enemy quantity needs.

2) The two money mods you list are decent small mods to help here. Realistic Room Rental, Expensive Investments, Travel Cost Overhaul, etc. can be added to increase expenditure. Economics of Skyrim is an overhaul mod that introduces region-specific goods and prices (also does what some of the smaller mods like Cutthroat Merchants do). Loot overhaul mods like Morroloot can also help by increasing the rarity of more powerful/valued items, etc. (But like most 'overhaul' mods, includes a lot of other changes, so research! =P)

Most of the above are listed at SkyrimGems, which gives a large categorized list of popular/worthy mods to check out. Not all listed are compatible with each other though, so again, researching by reading the description, readmes, and even comments will help determine if it fits your needs/current mod list.

Oy, a lot of typing and thinking lol. But I'll be doing the whole modding scene again soon enough when I upgrade my video card this season, so I'll be running through same 'defining what I want' ordeal as well.

Last edited:
Hey guys i'm getting a problem where only what i'm directly looking at is clear, everything around it is blurry, and it takes a while for things to focus when i point my camera directly at them.

I am starting from scratch so I put a ton of mods together, but no idea what might be causing this to start.

Anyone know where I might begin looking?

[L]imey;1039389465 said:
Hey guys i'm getting a problem where only what i'm directly looking at is clear, everything around it is blurry, and it takes a while for things to focus when i point my camera directly at them.

I am starting from scratch so I put a ton of mods together, but no idea what might be causing this to start.

Anyone know where I might begin looking?

This would be a Depth of Field effect added by a number of visual mods. ENB and Dynavision are the most likely culprits (both of their DoFs can be tweaked/disabled). There's likely other visual mods that add DoF but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

nevermind, i figured it out... even with enb and all the mods i picked up, it doesnt look like the screenshots in the thread.... not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Back