• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

[L]imey;1039389558 said:
nevermind, i figured it out... even with enb and all the mods i picked up, it doesnt look like the screenshots in the thread.... not sure what i'm doing wrong.

List the mods and ENB settings (just what is set on/off).

And some people do things to make their screenshots look better than they appear in the game.
 
Thanks. So are you saying that I only need the following for graphics mods and I can cut all the others?

I am definitely getting the Script Extender and SkyUI, but I don't consider those graphics mods per se. I'm not a fan of unnecessary nudity in my games. I'm also not planning to try SkyRe until a later play through.

The two files I listed with the "Nudity" tag do more than just add nudity to the game. They improve male/female character textures in the fact/eyes/body.
 
I am definitely getting the Script Extender and SkyUI, but I don't consider those graphics mods per se. I'm not a fan of unnecessary nudity in my games. I'm also not planning to try SkyRe until a later play through.

Calientes or Dimonized UNP (which I prefer) both offer options for no nudity, while offering the benefits of improved bodies.
 
I've finally released my village mod:
Snowbound Acres
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28131

TESV2012-12-0813-43-06-20.jpg
 
What mods are you'll running when you play? I'm going to start Skyrim for the first time really and would like to "get it right" before I botch my saves again. I'd rather stay away from that mod that injects DLL's for SkyUI to work if possible. I don't like things like that running on my system. I should mention that I bought all of the DLC so far.

I'm dead set on playing a caster. Should I be wearing those robes with 0 armor but 50% magicka regeneration? I google'd it but came back with differing views on the matter. Personally I like wearing them but it seems that everything wants to 2 shot me when I do. When I wear heavy armor I end up running out of mana and am forced to melee which kills my immersion. My idea of fun is wearing a shield and casting with the opposite hand. If I want to have more fun I would cast with both hands. I don't mind using a bow as a caster though.

Thx!

Nice collection DJ_2004. Great work on those.
 
You tried a caster Chockomonkey? If so what did you do?

I've done a caster twice. The first was on launch, where in the mid 20's as full Destruction i just got overpowered being able to chain stun-lock things, so i eventually got bored. Even dragons were no match because they were not immune nor were there diminishing returns on the stun proc for dual casting spells. At that time i did use full cloth, and when stacked well never had mana problems anymore.

With mods like SkyRe, they fix a bunch of these caster balancing problems.

The next time i did a caster I focused on CC and necro trees with a side of destruction, and it was much more enjoyable as i also had Midas Magic and various mods (including some talent adjustments, though not SkyRe) which made the casting way more robust. Vanilla casting really does suck imo.

My favorite character so far has been a Paladin. Plate, 2-hander, and full resto. That shit got OP, but not too OP mind you, when i got to the perk that healed my stamina as well as my HP.
 
I play as a spellsword type character:
Robes, one handed weapon, and spell. I also like to use my crossbow. Here is my load order:


Definitely look at Tribunal Robes and Psijic Teleport Spells:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20077
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8535

Light armor is probably the easiest to use since, once the perks are taken, has the same amount of armor as heavy armor.
 
Last edited:
What I'd love to see is for the Skyrim team to create a game based around...



Elric

I'm betting they would do it well.
 
Is there anything available that can check a saved game for required mods? Some of my old saves no longer work (just straight CTD) because I believe I have a few too many missing mods.
 
Is there anything available that can check a saved game for required mods? Some of my old saves no longer work (just straight CTD) because I believe I have a few too many missing mods.

I think Wryre Bash will do that. At least it did so in previous games.
 
I almost forgot to tell you about my 2nd UI mod :D It can be quite handy if you play with lots of mods, plus no more tedious juggling with the Y key when crafting, you can continue using the E (activate/select) key to confirm the dialogs!

Better MessageBox Controls
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28170
 
What I'd love to see is for the Skyrim team to create a game based around... (...) Elric

There's been one or two games based on Elric, but imho there's not that much to it unless recreating the whole series from Moorcock. There are more similarities to the Witcher, I think.
 
Calientes or Dimonized UNP (which I prefer) both offer options for no nudity, while offering the benefits of improved bodies.

I have nothing against these mods but what I don't understand is what the exact benefit is: when you put on clothes/armor, doesn't it *replace* the body? So say if you have the original vanilla Dwemer, or Glass Armor, it should look exactly the same other than the face and feet doesn't it? Or, if I understand correctly, then you have to use new sets of clothes and armor that are custom fit for those bodies.

As for me atm. I use XCE, which included "femfeet". The original feet are pretty horrible :D And I guess I must have a little barefoot fetish since I like walking around barefoot in my Hearthfire home :p (and it's kinda nice hearing the soft flip flop instead of the usual noise the boots make).

So basically for my wood elf in her Glass Armor, I don't think UNP or CBBE etc will change anything or am I missing something? They do have some pretty impressive skin textures on some sreenshots, but I'm not going to see it while I wear Glass Armor.
 
I am starting my first character on PC. After spending lots of time researching various mods, I have come up with the following list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArVOKvuiPqmzdE0xei1TQVBaVC1hajhOdnhxdUh2alE

Anyone know if any of these mods will conflict? Or if I'm missing anything good?

Thanks!

Honestly just enjoy the game as you go. This will tell you exactly what mods you want. Plants are ugly, go get Vurts Flora Overhaul. Next day you notice the follower is dumb, go get AFT. Next day you are disappiinted with the horses, go get Convenient Horses, etc.

Treat yourself to a nice mod every day :) Make the pleasure last lol. First off you can pay more attention to each mod you install and test, and then with each mod added you can be sure your game is fully stable. If not, revert to a savegame you made before installing a new mod (though I never had to, usually follow mod page description for uninstall instructions).
 
Honestly just enjoy the game as you go. This will tell you exactly what mods you want. Plants are ugly, go get Vurts Flora Overhaul. Next day you notice the follower is dumb, go get AFT. Next day you are disappiinted with the horses, go get Convenient Horses, etc.

Treat yourself to a nice mod every day :) Make the pleasure last lol. First off you can pay more attention to each mod you install and test, and then with each mod added you can be sure your game is fully stable. If not, revert to a savegame you made before installing a new mod (though I never had to, usually follow mod page description for uninstall instructions).

Personally after many playthroughs, i've decided to make my next one NOT follow this pattern. Too many times have i made shit unstable or broken something then spent hours figuring out wtf i did. Had a time where a mod i tried saved something in my safe file, then i couldn't use the carriages any longer.

I'll make a list of everything i want, work on getting it functional, then create a new save and not touch the fucker! :D
 
I have nothing against these mods but what I don't understand is what the exact benefit is: when you put on clothes/armor, doesn't it *replace* the body? So say if you have the original vanilla Dwemer, or Glass Armor, it should look exactly the same other than the face and feet doesn't it? Or, if I understand correctly, then you have to use new sets of clothes and armor that are custom fit for those bodies.

As for me atm. I use XCE, which included "femfeet". The original feet are pretty horrible :D And I guess I must have a little barefoot fetish since I like walking around barefoot in my Hearthfire home :p (and it's kinda nice hearing the soft flip flop instead of the usual noise the boots make).

So basically for my wood elf in her Glass Armor, I don't think UNP or CBBE etc will change anything or am I missing something? They do have some pretty impressive skin textures on some sreenshots, but I'm not going to see it while I wear Glass Armor.

They also replace NPC textures. Not all NPCs wear Glass Armor, haha.
 
chockomonkey said:
Too many times have i made shit unstable or broken something then spent hours figuring out wtf i did. Had a time where a mod i tried saved something in my safe file, then i couldn't use the carriages any longer.

That's unrelated though. Or are you saying that you can get conflicting mods working fine when you have them all at the start of the game, but not when you install them progressively?

If mods have incompatibilities between them I don't think it makes any difference whether you get them all at once or install them one by one. Of course if you use a mod that rebalances the game you're better off using it from level 1.

Mods that don't clean up properly are very annoying. I tend to skip any mods that doesn't include specific uninstall instructions. Mods like AFT or Convenient Horses for example are very well made and include an uninstall/reset procedure. I've cleaned my saves off these multiple times to try other follower mods or upgrade.
 
That's unrelated though. Or are you saying that you can get conflicting mods working fine when you have them all at the start of the game, but not when you install them progressively?

If mods have incompatibilities between them I don't think it makes any difference whether you get them all at once or install them one by one. Of course if you use a mod that rebalances the game you're better off using it from level 1.

Mods that don't clean up properly are very annoying. I tend to skip any mods that doesn't include specific uninstall instructions. Mods like AFT or Convenient Horses for example are very well made and include an uninstall/reset procedure. I've cleaned my saves off these multiple times to try other follower mods or upgrade.

Gotcha--I've never delved into save cleaning, i just know that throughout the process of adding mods to my game after having a character i'm working on, i've ended up with really funky stuff in my saves, where turning off the mods doesn't fix it. So as a result i've decided to never go down that path again, just too much of a headache.

I guess it's a non-issue if save-cleaning is such a common or simple thing to do, without risk. So if you're going to add mods after you've already created a save, then at MOST add one mod at a time.
 
Last edited:
Like faB stated, most mods don't properly clean up, and even the ones that state they do sometimes don't. As such, it isn't a common thing. So, being very careful of what you install (and then seriously play with) is important. TES5Edit is also necessary, IMO.

My mod list is crash free as far as I know. Wet and Cold isn't active in my list since I was waiting for it to be updated. And yes, I add mods as I go rather than all at once. :)

I'll try to update the mod list soon with:
Better MessageBox Controls
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28170

Snowbound Acres
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28131

When Vampires Attack
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28235
 
I haven't been lucky with Wet and Cold :( Shame because the effect is really nice.

Kept getting CTDs now and then with Quicksave. Couldn't find a solution as all my mods so far don't cause problems. Author said to clean save, but of what? Thing is, when I deactivate it, and load my savegame then quicksave, it works. If I activated it, then load and quicksave moments later, I could reproduce CTDs. First time this happened, and I've had no choice but deactivate it for now.

That said, well worth checking out, it seems lot of people don't have the issue I had.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I wanted to investigate with papyrus log but how do you activate it? I set like 3 INI settings to 1 in Skyrim.ini and couldn't find an updated log file either in Skyrim's folders, or My Games/... >_>
 
Do you still get CTDs when using a save that never had Wet and Cold active?

You're right about the log:
three settings in the ini and then you'll find the logs in:
Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script
 
Do you still get CTDs when using a save that never had Wet and Cold active?

Yep, I also tried loading from a clean save. Although I did try a previous version of Cold and Wet, a week before or so, and cleaned it then as he instructed, from which I continued playing. So who knows maybe it''s conflicting with its earlier self. Actually the previous version also caused me issues which is why I had deinstalled it :/

I'll keep trying his future versions.. I wish he just disabled everything by default, so I could enable drips and hoods separately. ie. make sure that a minimum of code runs when it is first installed, and then test each feature one by one.
 
Hmm, I'll have to stress test it in my save when I actually play the game again. :) I played for an hour when the mod was first released and no crashes, but that's not much of a stress test.
 
He later added the Rain Hoods for NPCs, and then also enabled them for Followers. So the last version has quite substantial changes.
 
He later added the Rain Hoods for NPCs, and then also enabled them for Followers. So the last version has quite substantial changes.

Oh. I think I'm just going to wait another week or two then before adding it into my play through.
 
Can someone please provide me with a "How to" for installing ENB? I downloaded the latest version from ENBdev, but I'm unsure what to do now. I see Injector and Wrapper folders, but I'm unsure which to use. Also, once installed, do I just download any preconfig settings from Nexus and it automatically updates the values?

Any help is appreciated as I'm new to the ENB series stuff.
 
faB: I love your Better MessageBox Controls mod. :) Now I can just hit enter on that message box when Skyrim bugs me about loading a save that no longer has a mod active.

Do you do that a lot? I thought removing mods was bad news if the mod had scripts.
 
Can someone please provide me with a "How to" for installing ENB? I downloaded the latest version from ENBdev, but I'm unsure what to do now. I see Injector and Wrapper folders, but I'm unsure which to use. Also, once installed, do I just download any preconfig settings from Nexus and it automatically updates the values?

Any help is appreciated as I'm new to the ENB series stuff.

I always use the Wrapper folder. You'll see text on the upper left corner of the screen when you launch the game. You'll know the ENB is active if you do. You can download most ENB presets, some don't work with various versions of ENB.
 
Do you do that a lot? I thought removing mods was bad news if the mod had scripts.

I have this test save of mine that has a minor mod deactivated so I was doing it somewhat frequently when I was testing out Snowbound Acres.
 
Oh. I think I'm just going to wait another week or two then before adding it into my play through.

I tried quicksave on an older save and it worked. On a save that was cleaned off Wet and Cold, it crashed. Therefore it must not have cleaned properly... but the thing is... it is crashing because of its own "older self" so to speak. Without the mod, I can quicksave just fine from that same supposedly "unclean" save. And how would I fully "clean" it now even?

So for me no big deal, I might restart from a slightly older save. But it's not very satisfying because I just don't know if this'll happen again with another W&C update, or if it's totally safe to get rid of it.

I'd like to investigate this further, wasn't there an editor that lets you explore a ESS savegame as a tree view of sorts and mess with the nodes? edit: maybe I'm confusing with the ESP viewer..
 
Last edited:
There is a program that allows you to see some data that exists within the save files (such as scripts, IIRC). I forget what it is called - it came out close to the Skyrim release date.
 
Back
Top