Skyrim Modding Megathread

If you're subscribed to a mod then it will be removed from your system if the author removes it from the workshop.

That's good to know... I think I'll copy some files over elsewhere, then "unsubscribe" from files I suspect won't last long. I'm glad the manual process is still good

Are you using PISE? It does more than just increase the health, it has enemies use powers more often, health potions, etc.

Thanks, I will try this one.

By the way do you guys encounter more than one dragon at a time? I remember a pre-release video where T.Howard was showing the game and I think he was attacked by two dragons but that never happened to me. It is always just one dragon.

I have had an incident or two where two dragons were flying around. I haven't had to many times where they are were both actively attacking me at the same time though.

Thanks, I will try this one.

By the way do you guys encounter more than one dragon at a time? I remember a pre-release video where T.Howard was showing the game and I think he was attacked by two dragons but that never happened to me. It is always just one dragon.

In vanilla Skyrim, I've had 3 dragons attack me. It was near where you had to find the sheep after a night out on the town. ;)

I ran into two dragons one time and they started fighting me. Then two trolls came out from somewhere and we had a 2v2v1. That was probably the best fight I've ever had in Skyrim.

I ran into two dragons one time and they started fighting me. Then two trolls came out from somewhere and we had a 2v2v1. That was probably the best fight I've ever had in Skyrim.

Is that with vanilla? That would be pretty cool. The best fight I've had yet is when I was attacking a troll then hear a huge "thump" behind me - turn and a dragon had ninja'ed up behind me out of nowhere.

I forgot to mention this before, but another way to deal with the snow blindness issue is to just lower the brightness of the snow textures themselves. There are only a handful of textures so this only takes a moment.

Now the creation kit is out

Any recommendations for a mod that balances magic (ie destruction scaling). Or a mod that balances skyrim as a whole (ie crafting, enchanting, magic etc)

??

Im a level 31 mage and I need more oomph from my spells

Well, if you wanted to overpower yourself, you could download a mod that makes an enchanting necklace. From there, you can enchant anything else to boost enchanting. From there you can skyrocket your destruction %'s or Magic regen %'s pretty easily with a really high enchanting skill.

Also, if you install deadly dragons mod, there is end-game gear for mages which includes new stats to the effect of: "X% more spell damage"

Liking the 'dragon souls for perks' mod.

It seems 4gb of system ram is cutting it close for the HR pack. I think I localized my stutter to pagefile useage. Keeping a browser open with a few tabs was enough to push it over the edge.

New Sounds of Skyrim component has been released: The Wilds. I've been waiting for this one. :)

The Wilds needs some significant work.

You can hear the sounds even while inside quite a few buildings. Got really confused when loons started calling from within Dragonsreach.

Now, I can understand hearing some outside sounds while inside buildings, but they should be significantly muted, at least.

I think some of the sounds from The Wilds are too frequent and some too loud. A lot of sounds in Skyrim are low for some reason so I have to crank up the volume when I play. As such, the rain sound files in The Wilds were making me deaf until I edited them to about 50% of their original volume.

And here is a useful mod:
Follower Trap Safety
Followers no longer trigger traps.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11609

I think some of the sounds from The Wilds are too frequent and some too loud. A lot of sounds in Skyrim are low for some reason so I have to crank up the volume when I play. As such, the rain sound files in The Wilds were making me deaf until I edited them to about 50% of their original volume.

And here is a useful mod:
Follower Trap Safety
Followers no longer trigger traps.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11609

Aww, that's no fun. I love hearing a trap spring, then turn around just in time to see Lydia being impaled on a wall by the swinging spike panels.

Aww, that's no fun. I love hearing a trap spring, then turn around just in time to see Lydia being impaled on a wall by the swinging spike panels.

You're lucky. Most of the time I'm the one who gets hit by the trap while my follower stands in safety.

Here is a useful skyrim.ini tweak to decrease the map icon hit box size:
[MapMenu]
fMaxMarkerSelectionDist=0.0003
fMapLocalMarkerSelectionDist=0.003

Source

I keep checking skyrimnexus from time to time, but maybe certain mods just aren't being worked on... i've never modded, but maybe it's time i try to do some shit myself.

From anyone who's worked with the creation kit, do you have any idea how hard it would be to:

-Create buff timers and icons
-allow jumping while sprinting
-add health bars when you have your cross-hair over any target

Also, does anyone know if anything like oblivion's Deadly Reflexes is in the works?

Buff timers and icons you will need to know Flash.
Jumping while sprinting you probably need to know about Behavior and scripting.
Health bars, I don't really know. Likely scripting so the game knows when to detect a NPC and what to do when the cursor is over the target.

And I should add that I haven't looked into adding these things so I certainly may be wrong.

Buff timers and icons you will need to know Flash.
Jumping while sprinting you probably need to know about Behavior and scripting.
Health bars, I don't really know. Likely scripting so the game knows when to detect a NPC and what to do when the cursor is over the target.
i'm hoping that if i can find the area of the game which says, "when health changes and cursor is over target, show health bar" and change it to "when cursor is over target, show health bar"

I have a feeling it won't be this simple, but hey--i won't know until i look.

i'm hoping that if i can find the area of the game which says, "when health changes and cursor is over target, show health bar" and change it to "when cursor is over target, show health bar"

I have a feeling it won't be this simple, but hey--i won't know until i look.

Check the Morrowind GotY kit, that game had it. It should be similar, at least.

Slightly off topic, but Mount and Blade is on the nexus now. Heres to the game that can have a 1000 men battles.

Anyone try Superl3 ENB? Looks like something I'd like cause I love the bokeh styled dof. Too bad I'm so busy trying to finish packing to try this right now, but if anyone gives it a shot, I'd love to hear some input.

Anyone try Superl3 ENB? Looks like something I'd like cause I love the bokeh styled dof. Too bad I'm so busy trying to finish packing to try this right now, but if anyone gives it a shot, I'd love to hear some input.

Yeah, I tried it and disliked it. However, the DoF (which is from Matso and also in his mod) is very good but it killed my FPS.

Tried it, though the DOF was awesome, but it made the sky grey for some reason

Super3l ENB vs Realistic lighting + fxaa injector ??

What are peoples thoughts?

I think ENB is good but when using my native res of 2560x1440...it just gives everything a grainy/blurry filter and performance hit for not much flair, but seems to work well with 1080 resolution in my opinion.
I prefer realistic lighting with fxaa injector and 2xmsaa and some HD textures...just looks sharper.

The only thing going for the Superl3 ENB is probably the DOF. Even then, the DOF makes playing difficult at times especially when in third person. I like the level of darkness at night and in dungeons, but the washed out lighting in daylight completely ruins the map and not all interiors are properly lit. For example it looks like someone jacked up the gamma in the cisterns underneath Riften. Superl3 ENB is nice, but no where near perfect.

Whiterun looks amazing now. My only problem... 4x SSAA now results in my 2gb VRAM being maxed as soon as I load up the game,
and the result is 20fps in the image below (6950 unlocked and overclocked to 940/1400). MSAA is fine at around ~1800mb used with 35fps in the same location, but SSAA just looks
so much cleaner. :(

tesv2012030314490381.png

2xSSAA is playable. It holds near 30, but occasionally dips to the low 20s or jumps into low 40s depending on where I am looking. VRAM usage went up to around ~1800mb so after I
ran around the town for a bit. Yeah... this game modded needs a 7970... and I'm only running 1080p.

Last edited:
Back