Skyrim Modding Megathread

Ah, Realistic Lighting. That's the other one I need to try.

Dude if you haven't tried this yet, it makes a world of difference in immersion. All i need to do is turn the brightness down a notch or two, but haven't taken the time.

With the mod's I've added, I'm now getting a lot of hard freezes and CTD. :( Been too lazy thus far to narrow it down, but it's definitely lowered my motivation for playing it and modding. Perhaps I'd be better spent learning to develop mobile apps instead.

I'm thankful that i haven't had any hard freezes, though my game has been stuttering here and there sometimes. Also, the Armor Rebalanced mod i have is conflicting with something else, and as a result i have -82 armor while naked.... i was already a mage though, so if people touch me i die.

No problems here. Modded Skyrim has been much more stable than modded Oblivion.

Oh, and a test version of a new SkyBoost. The reported FPS gain has been good:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1338015-skyboost-topic-9/page__view__findpost__p__20329871

And that only contains CPU oriented optimization. Once finalized, GPU optimization should be coming too.

Dang, that's going to be impressive when that's finalized.

Dude if you haven't tried this yet, it makes a world of difference in immersion. All i need to do is turn the brightness down a notch or two, but haven't taken the time.

So far I like what I see but I'm going to have to figure out that thing's settings file and how that works so I can adjust a few things.

For anyone who likes her, Malufenix new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM
Dunno why her voice catches me off guard every time she sings.

Killmove Plus
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9063

This is great, I had a mod that disabled every single killmove in the game cause I got tired of being pushed out of first person and making a cut scene I couldn't skip. Hoping the camera tweaks in here make that epic for me again. I hate, hate, hate kill cams.

Also appears that Open Cities has been disabled or put on hold until the Navmesh bug that has been plaguing TES is fixed. That just blows.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I thought the CK was supposed to allow the creation of new items or variations in items that could be added ingame. All I'm seeing really are texture updates or textures with multiple choices but can only pick one of them. Will we start seeing multiple variations in animals, armor, weapons, wildlife, etc. instead of the same ol same ol just different colors?

For anyone who likes her, Malufenix new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHXt6n1QhM
Dunno why her voice catches me off guard every time she sings.

Killmove Plus
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9063

This is great, I had a mod that disabled every single killmove in the game cause I got tired of being pushed out of first person and making a cut scene I couldn't skip. Hoping the camera tweaks in here make that epic for me again. I hate, hate, hate kill cams.

Also appears that Open Cities has been disabled or put on hold until the Navmesh bug that has been plaguing TES is fixed. That just blows.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I thought the CK was supposed to allow the creation of new items or variations in items that could be added ingame. All I'm seeing really are texture updates or textures with multiple choices but can only pick one of them. Will we start seeing multiple variations in animals, armor, weapons, wildlife, etc. instead of the same ol same ol just different colors?

About the CK with new wildlife/animals:
Currently, new animations cannot not be added to the game since Bethesda did not include the Havok Behavior component. As such, any new animation replaces a vanilla animation. So any new creatures need to use the existing animations which limits things. A long way around this may exist as I think saiden was able to get some new animations in without replacing any old ones.

Concerning new models:
Modeling then texturing takes time. However, there have been new models for weapon for months (such as Jaysus' sword mod). Armors take a really long time compared to weapons. I imagine creatures also do.

OP will be updated/overhauled again this weekend as a ton of new content has come out since the last time I checked. Special thanks to dj_2004 and everyone else who has contributed for continuing to aggregate the newest mods.

I'd be curious to hear her actual singing voice. With her stuff all being so effected up, she might just be good at editing.

So is most of the professional music industry if we really want to get down to it.

What I'm not liking about Realistic Lighting is that it makes indoors way too dark, no matter how much I tweak it. It's not actually realistic at all since a torch only lits a small area around it and walls don't reflect/diffuse light, and the best people can come up with is that this is Bethesda's fault for not adding enough torches in most areas. :rolleyes:

Also, most outdoors areas with snow during the day are way too bright, to the point it's not possible to see the snow texture anymore and it's plain white.

What I'm not liking about Realistic Lighting is that it makes indoors way too dark, no matter how much I tweak it. It's not actually realistic at all since a torch only lits a small area around it and walls don't reflect/diffuse light, and the best people can come up with is that this is Bethesda's fault for not adding enough torches in most areas. :rolleyes:

Personally still prefer ENB (v0.105 w/ injector app) over RL.

If Bethesda actually got with the times rather than sticking to decade+ old technology, then things would be much better. No DX11 features (or even 10), lots and lots of false lighting, huge limitations with the engine concerning lighting and shadows, and the list goes on.

Going to have to give darker dungeons a try. It didn't make sense there were no places you actually needed a torch or nighteye in the game at all.

Going to have to give darker dungeons a try. It didn't make sense there were no places you actually needed a torch or nighteye in the game at all.

Speaking of nighteye. Is there a mod that allows it to be a toggled power (no cooldown or limitations) whenever I'd like to use it? Being that my character is Dunmer, I'd like to have that ability inherent & readily available.

Being that my character is Dunmer, I'd like to have that ability inherent & readily available.

Of course it's your game to mod as you please, but I haven't seen any Elder Scrolls lore that says anything about Dunmer having night vision.

Unlike Dark Elves in most other fantasy settings, Dunmer don't have a history of living underground to justify that.

Of course it's your game to mod as you please, but I haven't seen any Elder Scrolls lore that says anything about Dunmer having night vision.

Unlike Dark Elves in most other fantasy settings, Dunmer don't have a history of living underground to justify that.

Yeah, I was thinking of Drizzt Do'urden... Dunmer eyes honestly look like they should get some sort of special vision. :)

You're LARPing a Drow!

Eh, not quite. :p I just like the idea of Dark Elves being able to see in the dark regardless of whatever fantasy universe they're in.

Anyways, having nighteye would be nice if I use mods to darken up the nighttime, dungeons & caves.

Yeah, I was thinking of Drizzt Do'urden... Dunmer eyes honestly look like they should get some sort of special vision. :)

Their eye and skin color was a curse from Azura. Before that, they were the Chimer, basically a Daedra worshiping splinter group of Altmer. So before the curse, they looked pretty much the same as the Altmer.

Their eye and skin color was a curse from Azura. Before that, they were the Chimer, basically a Daedra worshiping splinter group of Altmer. So before the curse, they looked pretty much the same as the Altmer.

That explains it. Why are they shorter than Altmer though? Whenever people show height comparison, I wind up being amazed at the huge difference.

That explains it. Why are they shorter than Altmer though? Whenever people show height comparison, I wind up being amazed at the huge difference.

Doesn't seem to be much information regarding why that is. The Chimer were originally a small faction of the Altmer, so with the smaller population, there may not have been as much opportunity for selective breeding as with the Altmer (who are zealously interested in racial purity, superiority over the other races, and are incredibly vain). Also, the time between the Chimer splitting off and when Morrowind takes place, for example, is about 5000 years. All those years of living in Morrowind vs. Summerset Isles could be responsible for the height change.

The new waterfalls with RWT and Terrain 2.0:

1wUeo.jpg

Dj (or anyone using it) have you found The Anvil in game? I've looked all over north of Riverwood and I can't seem to find anything..

Edit: Oh I see the description is saying elsewhere now? Or is that just what the area is called?

I had "Riverwood Enhanced" installed. I tried all kinds of combinations of adding/removing files, starting, quitting, retrying, but still can't get The Anvil to show up. Oh well. Can't save in Riverwood anymore after disabling the mod despite not having anything there... Guess I'll just leave it running lol.

I used R9 or maybe R8 before and it seems to have disabled fine (I prefer Riverwood Redux). Odd it would cause such issues. Have you tried moving to a cave, saving, disabling Enhanced, saving, restart game, save, activate anvil and see if it works?

Can anyone refresh my memory on how to install ENB series stuff? I tried copying the files into the Skyrim directory as instructed - my game simply fails to start whether I'm using the first version of the game or the latest updated version. This is on a brand new Skyrim install, btw. I decided to start over completely.

Back