SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Diablo 3 still hasn't been cracked. Not that anyone cares because it's a shitty game, but still... ;)

A quick google search will reveal some private Diablo 3 servers which claim to work. I don't know and honestly do not care.

I remember MANY years ago as a personal challenge and learning MySQL, I setup a local private WOW server and it was such a PITA to get right. It was an unstable mess, resource intensive and I think killed my desire to keep playing when I saw what was "under the hood" in a game I poured so many hours into.

In the end the pirates for Simcity do have their work cut out for them and I doubt they can pull it off to any meaningful impact that won't be shutdown with a swift C&D letter.

At a certain point in life it becomes cheaper to buy a game than to spend time messing around with various tools to get cracked versions running :)

This one looks like it is worth the $$$.

At a certain point in life it becomes cheaper to buy a game than to spend time messing around with various tools to get cracked versions running :)

This one looks like it is worth the $$$.

True - but I doubt the people that REALLY know how to get down to the code, and accomplish magical things... they aren't in it for the money. I don't think many of the large name pirate groups are making boatloads of money.

They do it because it's a passion, they enjoy it, and it's fun. Just like I will spend hours and hours detailing/washing/polishing my car, some people dread that type of work, I revel in it.

This is not a game I am willing to preorder blindly I will absolutely have to wait for reviews. Origin is bad enough for me, I just read through and always on DRM? Err thats worse because I was planning to play this on my Tablet/Hybrid when I am around and dont have internet :(.

This is not a game I am willing to preorder blindly I will absolutely have to wait for reviews. Origin is bad enough for me, I just read through and always on DRM? Err thats worse because I was planning to play this on my Tablet/Hybrid when I am around and dont have internet :(.

there is really enough video footage that you shouldnt have to wait for a review to be able to make up your mind.

alot of footage from beta 3 which had all the building accessible and then tons of dev beta footage showing everything.

this isnt liek most games where you are under an NDA and cant show anything there is tons and tons of footage floating around.

there is really enough video footage that you shouldnt have to wait for a review to be able to make up your mind.

alot of footage from beta 3 which had all the building accessible and then tons of dev beta footage showing everything.

this isnt liek most games where you are under an NDA and cant show anything there is tons and tons of footage floating around.

I feel the same way after taking part in the 2nd beta and watching tons of streams. This game is going to kickass, I'd say it's probably going to be a tossup between SimCity V and Bioshock: Infinite for GOTY

you should read the preview greg miller wrote on ign.

i personally dont read reviews on ign any more but ive always liked greg miller and thought he was the most honest editor and the coolest. he is a ps3 editor too and said he bought a ps3 just for sim city.

Most cracks I have seen involve replacing the launcher or some other DRM disabling method. Cracking this one would mean setting up a private server running on the local machine (any public and/or Internet facing cracked servers would be shut down quickly) and configuring the game client to connect to local server or maybe setting up a DNS entry in your router to point to it. Frankly why not just reward the developers for a job well done and pay for the dam game? if the online DRM is just a flaming hemorrhoid in your life then feel to play Cityville on Facebook for free.

I was only arguing the possibility of it being done for those hating against EA and their ability to shut the game down anytime they like. Though this is something that is years down the road if SimCity is even remotely successful and not a bug riddled mess (the betas have disproved the bug riddled part imo), it still gives users the ability to play the game long after EA's deemed it end life...if someone does take the time to implement it and EA doesn't provide an offline patch for it during its life-time.

P.S. My Amazon preorder using CAGROCKs promo hasn't been cancelled...keeping my fingers crossed.

I feel the same way after taking part in the 2nd beta and watching tons of streams. This game is going to kickass, I'd say it's probably going to be a tossup between SimCity V and Bioshock: Infinite for GOTY

Well I didnt know there was that much footage. I will take a look myself and then decide. If it is indeed good as long as the DRM and Origin doesnt bother me too much I will definitely get it.

I want to see the "extend map size" DLC anouncement before I purchase.... or I'll buy before. But not now. I don't think so anyway. Plus, we raid on Tuesday so I can't play SC anyway.

Baaah

I wasn't going to get it, or at least hold off. but me and my friends haven't had a decent mp game to play in months so i think it will be a day 1 for me. even though the cities are tiny as hell.

Any deals on SC5? I looked through some videos last night and I am hooked.

VPN into an obscure place like Finland or Norway, and use the Greenmangaming code. Their codes don't work on EA products, as they are a U.K. supplier and don't allow EA product sales in the U.S. Fun, eh?

Potentially $38-39 if you do the $7 cash back into your bank account option.

A quick google search will reveal some private Diablo 3 servers which claim to work. I don't know and honestly do not care.

I remember MANY years ago as a personal challenge and learning MySQL, I setup a local private WOW server and it was such a PITA to get right. It was an unstable mess, resource intensive and I think killed my desire to keep playing when I saw what was "under the hood" in a game I poured so many hours into.

In the end the pirates for Simcity do have their work cut out for them and I doubt they can pull it off to any meaningful impact that won't be shutdown with a swift C&D letter.

I don't know. The EA Blaze backend connection for a BF3 server has already been spoofed, although not complete. Think it would be a similar process than what is being discussed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2NO-iFpi8

VPN into an obscure place like Finland or Norway, and use the Greenmangaming code. Their codes don't work on EA products, as they are a U.K. supplier and don't allow EA product sales in the U.S. Fun, eh?

For the US, I just used the coupon code CAGSROCKS for the digital download edition from Amazon for $45 + $5 Amazon credit.

no cash back option for euro purchases, still comes out to $55 with the 20% off code after currency conversion. I think this is one of the rare occasions where your better off just buying domestically and taking the $7 cash back or $10 credit

For the US, I just used the coupon code CAGSROCKS for the digital download edition from Amazon for $45 + $5 Amazon credit.

This stopped working two days ago on the digital download and most people's orders were canceled.

WOW. The Ars. review is giving me second thoughts big time. I might cancel my order.

Just Cancelled.

What do you mean no save? I only have time to intermittently answer, need to read after. Someone want to give me a quick scoop?

What do you mean no save? I only have time to intermittently answer, need to read after. Someone want to give me a quick scoop?

Meaning if a disaster occurs, you can't load a previous save. Your city is saved constantly as you play so there's no "rolling back".

Meaning if a disaster occurs, you can't load a previous save. Your city is saved constantly as you play so there's no "rolling back".

Wtf? How about choosing when I want to save? When did that shit go out the window...

Sucks for the online to play stuff. I still want it (beta was awesome), but the online to play single player BLOWS. Hopefully, they can come up with a crack to get around that. I'm buying the thing, but I want to play it when the internet goes out (like last week).

Different topic: anyone play the beta (or final, tomorrow) with a touchscreen? How's that work? I'm getting a touchscreen Win8 machine, and would love playing it on it (small 11" screen, but doable, I guess).

I'd only be getting it for online play and to play with a buddy or two (dremic ;) ), but since another buddy isn't getting it yet (cheap bastard), I'll hold off for a bit. Still got Tomb Raider tonight and then all my Vita games...

I think I'm going to hold off for a little bit and let them work out some of the bugs. Hopefully down the road they'll expand the city size as well. However, if they release Subways as paid DLC forget about it.

i think those guys are just bad at video games

Many of those complaints sound pretty legitimate to me.

small-size.jpg

That looks really freaking small.

Last edited:

if i wanted to play sc2000 i would play it though. this is a reboot man

I’m not upset that the game isn’t what I was expecting; I’m intrigued.

oh wow that looks tiny, most of the videos and shit i saw didnt look anything like that in size. that must be a small region or something? that has smaller city zones?

from pc gamer

SimCity1.jpg

My city plot was bigger in the beta. Some are smaller than others, but some aren't that small. I had a smallish one (bigger than that), and I had one that was quite a bit bigger.

Back