SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

You can also get the boxed Deluxe Edition from Amazon for $40 after a $20 Amazon gift card, it looks like.

Better deal if you shop at Amazon a lot.

can you apply the giftcard to the sim city purchase though?

No, but like I said you are saving an extra $5 if you already use Amazon a lot ($20 credit goes toward your next purchase, or any future purchase).

Just pre-ordered on Amazon using the CAGROCKS promo, didn't see a promo for 20 off the next purchase but oh well. Its kinda disheartening though when $15 off brings you only a few dollars below where games used to sell for...shits getting expensive. Still, video games offer a greater level of enjoyment/dollar then any other form of (paid) entertainment.

Just pre-ordered on Amazon using the CAGROCKS promo, didn't see a promo for 20 off the next purchase but oh well. Its kinda disheartening though when $15 off brings you only a few dollars below where games used to sell for...shits getting expensive. Still, video games offer a greater level of enjoyment/dollar then any other form of (paid) entertainment.

games have only gone up 10 dollars over the span of like 15 years. games are expensive but they have always been expensive. if anything they are less expensive now when factoring inflation.

103.jpg

You have to order the physical copy to receive the $20. Apparently, with the digital copy, you still get $20. You save $15 initially then get $5 in credits.

Edit: http://couponfollow.com/code/details/1354518

Like you said, $60 is cheap for the number of hours you get and the money you save from not going out to spend that money elsewhere.

Last edited:
My original plan was to do the physical pre-order via Amazon and score a $20 credit (I shop there sometimes, I know I'd use it eventually)

I pre-ordered the digital version got $15 instant off + $5 credit. I seriously didn't know about the $5 credit at the time.

Hell I figured it was worth leaving that $5 on the table just so I could pre-load tomorrow and start playing Tuesday (i'm off that day thankfully)

Thanks for the heads up, canceled my physical copy and went went the digital with the code. Thanks!

You guys are a bunch of little girls.
Since when does preordering a game give you access to the beta?
Crybabies.

I didn't pre-order and I got access to the 2nd and 3rd beta's (played last night for an hour before bed)

I just pre-ordered the digital copy 2 hours ago via Amazon. I guess I got action on the betas because I signed up for them ages ago? Who knows.

I didn't pre-order and I got access to the 2nd and 3rd beta's (played last night for an hour before bed)

I just pre-ordered the digital copy 2 hours ago via Amazon. I guess I got action on the betas because I signed up for them ages ago? Who knows.

It was a mix of; a perk of pre-orders getting in via Amazon and signing up on the Simcity website for the first 2 betas. The third was random I guess.

watching yesterdays stream on lets all be mayor...

only making me more happy i bought this. this could be a lot of fun. i think playing with others is whats really going to make it shine though

16 cities is a lot.

watching yesterdays stream on lets all be mayor...

only making me more happy i bought this. this could be a lot of fun. i think playing with others is whats really going to make it shine though

16 cities is a lot.

Play with me and my buddy on Vent son. Get Indian guy to play too. Also cop guy.

You have to order the physical copy to receive the $20. Apparently, with the digital copy, you still get $20. You save $15 initially then get $5 in credits.

Edit: http://couponfollow.com/code/details/1354518

Like you said, $60 is cheap for the number of hours you get and the money you save from not going out to spend that money elsewhere.

What's the deal with this?

The deal link and others say you can just "Add to cart" and it automatically is 44.95.
However for me it still comes up as 59.99 in my cart.

I already used the CAGROCKS coupon a few days ago :(.

Looks like it's time to use my VPN again to grab Sim City on GMG for $45 with $7 cash back (stupid EA and U.S. sales not working...)

GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

For anyone that missed it earlier.

Wow. I couldnt watch five min. of Lets All Be Mayor. Almost fell asleep, and I just woke up.

did anybody else notice they changed the pre-load date on amazon?

before it said march 1st at 11am.. now it says you cant download it till midnight on monday.

lame.

before it said march 1st at 11am.. now it says you cant download it till midnight on monday.

lame.

Wow - that's pretty gay. I was planning on going home and preloading tonight. I guess it's a good thing I'm off Mon/Tue/Wed during the week.

My only question now is when does the game actually unlock? I'm at work so I can't freely google the gaming sites. Technically midnight is March 5th, meaning release day. If that's the case you aren't technically pre-loading anymore.

I'm going to be very pissed if they don't unlock the game till some retarded time like 5pm on a tuesday. At which point half of my "weekend" is already gone. If I can play all tuesday and all wednesday I'll be pretty happy.

lame.

And I thought I was hallucinating.

lame.

WHAT AN OUTRAGE. PREORDER CANCELLED.

(oh, wait, I didn't pre-order this in the first place...trolololol :D)

WHAT AN OUTRAGE. PREORDER CANCELLED.

(oh, wait, I didn't pre-order this in the first place...trolololol :D)

Mad.

Seriously, get this. We're starting a group of bros, to build us some cities over friendly banter on Ventrilo.

Not gonna pay even $45, sorry. :( Already spent too much on games and this is pretty low on my priority list.

When this hits $30 or less I'll probably grab it for me and the GF, though.

I want this game really badly but I don't think I have ever been this irritated by a release in my life. Talk about no communication.

Not gonna pay even $45, sorry. :( Already spent too much on games and this is pretty low on my priority list.

When this hits $30 or less I'll probably grab it for me and the GF, though.

i have hots, sim city, tomb raider, and bioshock. thankfully though i only paid for hots and sim city tho

i am super excited for this one, looks like so much fun dude.

looks like there are lots of possibilities and lots of room for creativity.

been watching the livestream

The praise this game is getting makes me shutter. In light of EA's latest comments on paying for micro-transactions to advance in their games I no longer will purchase any of their products. It is no wonder we are seeing less content/features in games, poor quality, and unfinished products when fellow gamers flock to buy stuff like this up. I do hope everyone who purchases Sim City 5 enjoys the game and get their money's worth, but I think this is another sad development for our community.

The praise this game is getting makes me shutter. In light of EA's latest comments on paying for micro-transactions to advance in their games I no longer will purchase any of their products. It is no wonder we are seeing less content/features in games, poor quality, and unfinished products when fellow gamers flock to buy stuff like this up. I do hope everyone who purchases Sim City 5 enjoys the game and get their money's worth, but I think this is another sad development for our community.

5819344604_24f2bd06a3_z.jpg

Get over yourself, nothing is perfect.

So I assume that even buying the DVD edition means the game is forever tied to your origin account (no resale)?

Last edited:
Back