Silverstone TJ09!

jetjaguar said:
ok one issue i have is .. the top hd cage .. i have no prob taking it in or out when no hds are mounted in it .. when i mount 1-2 hds i cant put it back in no matter what ?? take the hds out .. slides right back in ..

so i have my hds in the lower one .. no prob taking it in or out ..

anyone have this issue ??
What kind of screws are you using to mount the HDDs? If they stick up at all it interferes with the cage sliding in. There is a package of screws that are designed to be flush with the cage surface when screwed in that come with the case. I had the same problem until I switched to the flush screws.

I was able to hide my extra PSU cables in the lower drive cage BTW. Looks great with the side on and not so good with it off LOL.

Clump said:
What kind of screws are you using to mount the HDDs? If they stick up at all it interferes with the cage sliding in. There is a package of screws that are designed to be flush with the cage surface when screwed in that come with the case. I had the same problem until I switched to the flush screws.

I was able to hide my extra PSU cables in the lower drive cage BTW. Looks great with the side on and not so good with it off LOL.

thanks ill give that a try

What screws are you using? You must use the flat head screws that came with the case

spaceman789 said:
Im in love with this pioneer drive , where can i find it? anyone know the exact name of it or have a link to whre i can purchase one please=)

http://pclab.pl/art20303-12.html

I checked pioneer website and they dont even have this model up.

I did some searching myself and think the one in the picture is the Pioneer DVR-A08XLA
Review and picture of it but not sure if it comes in silver like the newer 18X version. Review dates back to 2004.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/08/18/pioneer/index.html

NACZ3 said:
I did some searching myself and think the one in the picture is the Pioneer DVR-A08XLA
Review and picture of it but not sure if it comes in silver like the newer 18X version. Review dates back to 2004.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/08/18/pioneer/index.html

Nice=) now the question is where can i purchase a black one for my tj09=)))))? im googling for it, but cant find it anywhere =/
I miss those old open slot pioneer dvd rom http://www.ciao.co.uk/Pioneer_DVD_106S__5124061 they looked so good =)

They never give pioneer dvd rom good reviews for some reason hmmm , i awlays used them and i find them to be really godo and reliable and one thing about them they are extremely responsive compared to my other dvd rom. If i have a disk in it and i click eject it will open in like 2 seconds , my third pc with an lg dvd rom in it, takes like 7 seconds for it to open up.

I also noticed there are 3 models the PIONEER DVR-A09XL , Pioneer DVR A07XLB and Pioneer DVR-A08XL(pc mag give it 4.5 stars http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1684196,00.asp) but i thinkt he A09XL is even better=) im ordering now =)))

G'day long time follower of this particular thread, first time poster, as I plan on buying this particular case when all the computer retailers resume business in the new year.
As for the pioneer drive, in Australia this particular design was for all Retail Boxed Pioneer DVD Writers, coming in 3 different colours "Brushed White, Brushed Silver, Brushed Black" style , starting from i think there DVR-108 series which is the 16 speed burners, do not quote me as I am only speaking for Australia , I have got a black one at the moment. Which I purchased at Dick Smith Electronics (Equivalent to USA Best Buy or something). These colour choices was and still is available for all there later subsequent improvements that were made available in Australia.

This next bit will involve alot of jargon that may not make sense to your or me so bear in mind.
If you are intertesed I can post pictures of it opened an close, one thing to keep in mind with this burner, where in most instaces the drive's bezel thing has a cd tray in middle, the entire top half of the tray comes out to reveal the disc tray, hence in the photos there is a slit in the middle.

So in conclusion, You could buy a DVD drive of this design today, if you could get a retail version of it.

Got my TJ-09 setup. Put in two of the three extra fans; one above the cpu blowing in, and the one for the harddrives. Here are the temp differences between the TJ-09 and my PC-60.

Before:
CPU (Idle/Load): 42C/52C
NB (Idle/Load): 40C/42C

After:
CPU (Idle/Load): 32C/42C
NB (Idle/Load): 28C/30C

2uantuM, so your temps went up 10C after switching to the tj-09? try switching the direction of the top fan to blow out, with it blowing in your pushing hot at the top of the case over the heatsink instead of removing it from the case and imo reducing the effectiveness of your heatsink

my temps have dropped alot even from my cm stacker 830 ..
and my gfx cards temp has dropped like 8c

64dragon said:
2uantuM, so your temps went up 10C after switching to the tj-09? try switching the direction of the top fan to blow out, with it blowing in your pushing hot at the top of the case over the heatsink instead of removing it from the case and imo reducing the effectiveness of your heatsink

No, I'm just a dumbass and reversed the before and after. Fixed.

anyone know if they make some sort of dry bay cover?

Even if it's third party...

if by hard you mean impossible.. i kind of gave up... but it doesnt really matter.. the case performs awesome.

2uantuM said:
anyone know if they make some sort of dry bay cover?

Even if it's third party...

Silverstone doesn't make a cd drive cover if that's what you mean. The Lian-Li's won't fit. I'd like to see if they could be modded though but the way they're made, I don't think it could work.

There are Cooler Master covers that use double sided tape shown in the link below. They are available in silver and black. A friend used these for his drives on his TJ07. They look okay but I'm not a fan of these self sticking type of bezel cover:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=257&products_id=437

NACZ3 said:
Silverstone doesn't make a cd drive cover if that's what you mean. The Lian-Li's won't fit. I'd like to see if they could be modded though but the way they're made, I don't think it could work.

There are Cooler Master covers that use double sided tape shown in the link below. They are available in silver and black. A friend used these for his drives on his TJ07. They look okay but I'm not a fan of these self sticking type of bezel cover:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=257&products_id=437

I think Levelord over at performance-pcs.com would use the Lian-Li's for the Silverstone TJ09..He's the resident modding King over there..If you have question about his work..do a search on his name here..He got banned for some reason..i dont know but,this kid is good..nuff said :D

I know LevelLord used to post in this thread at the beginning but then got banned for some kind of rules violation (I had done a search for him to see why he was banned at the time). I prefer the look of the Lian Li's and have them on my PC-68 but they are actually a little wider than the drive so they would definitely need to be modded. I'll take a look at Performance-PCS again. I was almost going to order one from them but their markup on the black (20 bucks) is a bit much.

Can anyone comment if the Lian Li drive cover will fit into the drive bay of a TJ-09?

Well..your right about Performance-PCS..they do have a bigger markup than alot of other places selling the case.. :cool:

I got mine at Directron. They had the best price I could find and it came quick.

I know LevelLord used to post in this thread at the beginning but then got banned for some kind of rules violation (I had done a search for him to see why he was banned at the time). I prefer the look of the Lian Li's and have them on my PC-68 but they are actually a little wider than the drive so they would definitely need to be modded. I'll take a look at Performance-PCS again. I was almost going to order one from them but their markup on the black (20 bucks) is a bit much.

Can anyone comment if the Lian Li drive cover will fit into the drive bay of a TJ-09?

What about deadeyedata? They ship directly from silverstone and they are cheap!

http://deadeyedata.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_8_15&products_id=122

I have some coupon codes too that can lower the price even further.

Ok..i've been a fan of this case B4 we all started this thread about it,..I even posted some pic's earlyer in the thread to show the folks what it was all about..Well..I put my money where my mouth is..:eek:

This site had the Best Price and the Lowest Shipping ..And be leave me I have been looking around...Newegg, SundialMicro ,Deadeye Data...for the last 2 to 3 months...Well (grsz06..thanks for the link) ..here it is for other folks..$18 shipping...http://www.directron.com/ssttj09bw.html

Items going in once I receive it..

E6600
Evga 680!
2/ BFG 8800 GTX..SLI Baby..WoOoOo
Sound Blaster X-fi Platinum
2 TB's WD 4/500GB Sata
2 GB OCZ memory
Plextor 755sa Sata
Li lian card reader
SilverStone 600watt Power Supply
....to be cond..once I look in my stoarge area for the other parts..but you guys get the idea :D
And pic's will be posted ..with wire mgt done before pic's taken..I've went over this in my mind and on paper over and over again..so keep your eyes peeled...nuff said..for now :D

I ordered the TJ-09 from Directron today. Their prices were fair and I also picked up a Silverstone ST75F power supply for $149. I wanted modular cables, otherwise I would have went with the ST75ZF.

I'm replacing my Gigabyte Aurora 3D case and Enermax Liberty 500watt PSU. With my 8800GTX, it was such a close fit in the Aurora 3D that I wanted a slightly longer case.

Ok..i've been a fan of this case B4 we all started this thread about it,..I even posted some pic's earlyer in the thread to show the folks what it was all about..Well..I put my money where my mouth is..:eek:

This site had the Best Price and the Lowest Shipping ..And be leave me I have been looking around...Newegg, SundialMicro ,Deadeye Data...for the last 2 to 3 months...Well (grsz06..thanks for the link) ..here it is for other folks..$18 shipping...http://www.directron.com/ssttj09bw.html

Items going in once I receive it..

E6600
Evga 680!
2/ BFG 8800 GTX..SLI Baby..WoOoOo
Sound Blaster X-fi Platinum
2 TB's WD 4/500GB Sata
2 GB OCZ memory
Plextor 755sa Sata
Li lian card reader
SilverStone 600watt Power Supply
....to be cond..once I look in my stoarge area for the other parts..but you guys get the idea :D
And pic's will be posted ..with wire mgt done before pic's taken..I've went over this in my mind and on paper over and over again..so keep your eyes peeled...nuff said..for now :D

looking forward to seeing this. Very similar to the system i am planning out, i'll have a different mobo, and get a different power supply.
Thinking about maybe watercooling this thing, not sure yet.

i think im jumped into this case quickly .. cuz now im thinking bout watercooling .. and its hard to do in this case without heavy modding

I'm pretty sold on buying the TJ09 based on this thread and some reviews I've read. I was initially considering the P180, but I think the Silverstone is sufficiently better than the Antec to warrant the cost. The only problem I am still worried about is the hard drive mounting wrt noise. I have a few Sonata II's and I like the rubber mounts (they really make a big difference). I notice there are foam strips used in the TJ09 -- are they for a similar purpose? Is hard drive noise noticable in this case (compare to a Sonata)? Could I mod it to use the rubber mounts from the Sonata (I have extra)?

... Lastly (I suppose I should ask), now that I'm considering this price range, are there any other cases I should have a serious look at? I prefer the TJ09 to the TJ07, but I am not familiar with the Lian-Li lineup, etc. Keep in mind I have read this entire thread and I've stuck with the Silverstone '09 so far.

I'm pretty sold on buying the TJ09 based on this thread and some reviews I've read. I was initially considering the P180, but I think the Silverstone is sufficiently better than the Antec to warrant the cost. The only problem I am still worried about is the hard drive mounting wrt noise. I have a few Sonata II's and I like the rubber mounts (they really make a big difference). I notice there are foam strips used in the TJ09 -- are they for a similar purpose? Is hard drive noise noticable in this case (compare to a Sonata)? Could I mod it to use the rubber mounts from the Sonata (I have extra)?

... Lastly (I suppose I should ask), now that I'm considering this price range, are there any other cases I should have a serious look at? I prefer the TJ09 to the TJ07, but I am not familiar with the Lian-Li lineup, etc. Keep in mind I have read this entire thread and I've stuck with the Silverstone '09 so far.

Yeah, the rubber strips are to prevent vibration. I have 3 drives in mine and I haven't had any problems at all.

The only thing I recommend with this case is a modular power supply if you are worried about hiding cables and such.

Yeah, the rubber strips are to prevent vibration. I have 3 drives in mine and I haven't had any problems at all.

The only thing I recommend with this case is a modular power supply if you are worried about hiding cables and such.

2uantuM ...that's what I'm thinking when I bought the 600watt SilverStone Pwr Supply(Modular Hardware)..But I have to get another power supply for my SLI setup..the 600watt will not do for 2/BFG 8800 GTX's..so I got a link from another forum member to a videocard power supply from I think thermaltake..(my spelling might be wrong)..so I can set it all up..
I got shippment Confirm from Directron today..now it's just a matter of time..tic.tic.tic ;) :D

Ok, I've made up my mind and ordered 5 TaceNS Aura Ice 120mm fans plus one 80mm to replace the standard AMD cpu cooler.
The black-white contrast of the fans does look quite good on the TJ-09 and at 1200rpm they operate nearly silent.

White LEDs :)

...blue CCFL switched off...

Specs: 1200rpm @ 12V, airflow 45 CFM, noise 14dB, and 50.000hrs MtbF (although one 120mm fan came doa... :rolleyes:)
Guess the 14dB is a bit optimistic too :D

those white LED do look real sweet inside that case. I'll have to look into those fans some too, i haven't run across them yet, and i've played with a lot of 120's.

WOW..those look great in your system..I cant find them here in the U.S.A...
I'm looking to change the fans also..but I have not decided which to use.. I got purple,blue..of course :D,Orange,Green,Red..and UV fans...once my case comes in ..eta wed...I'll try them all and ..well you'll see and I'll post pic's..when I do..

seacrest...Out ;)

oh believe me, i plan on having this thing clean hell. just been testing it all to make sure i don't need to rma anything, prior to routing wires and whatnot.

oh believe me, i plan on having this thing clean hell. just been testing it all to make sure i don't need to rma anything, prior to routing wires and whatnot.

Sound good to me..take some pic's of your work when your done..I will..

right-0! I did say "clean as hell," but you'll have to excuse my n00bish cockyness, seeing as this is my first build. So it could actually turn into a work of frustration and eventual surrender :D

Back