Silverstone TJ09!

hey everyone, just thought i'd post my attempt at wire management, keep in mind its my first build, so be gentle

also, i'm not exactly done, cause i plan on hiding a few more wires

Picture135.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Those fans look nice and have nice CFM, but 35db is just too loud for me, especially if you take that and multiply by 5 :) Know of any good white LED ones that are around 25db or less?

I really wish they had the TaceNS in the states, 14db 46cfm is just too good!!

Aerocool makes some I believe.

Nice wiring.

But I've got a question. I've got my power supply fan pointing up into the case to use it for a little extra air flow and to keep things quieter. I see you prob. have yours pointing down. Oh yeah, and to pick up less dust from the floor.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of either?

M

i have no clue mang. i'm entirely too new to the game to answer. I'm still looking for the quietest/best case fans i can buy....money's not a prob here.

So ya, i need to get, uh, right i'm changing the fans it came with also, soooooo 5 fans :rolleyes:

Did I misread something or did he miss the whole fan placement between the hard drives thing??? I have this case and the Yate Loon I have between the hard drives draws plenty of air through the drive cages. He keeps referring to them as passively cooled.

I was wondering why no one seems to mention Scythe;

like the Scythe "S-FLEX™"

M

for those looking for quiet fans,

Yate loons, Scythe S Flex, Cooler Master, and Aerocool all have some real nice quiet ones.
Antec Tri Cools will also do a real good job

I feel that NVUSGT has done a very nice job of wire management in his TJ09 case. I cannot see where he has run the 4/8 pin power supply cable to the EATX12V socket located in the upper left side of the motherboard. Is anyone on this forum using an adapter cable to provide longer cable and give more cable dressing options to the long path? I am planning to purchase the TJ09 case for my next build, along with the Corsair Modular PSU. I am aware of the added connector concerns voiced by some about using an extension cable, but is this a legitimate concern?

Such extension cables are available at
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...34_186&zenid=8b03d3f9f31f6f20a98ab183dd5fe4fa

From what I've read, an adapter/extension cable wouldn't be a problem. Actually, I'm going to have to use one, otherwise the cable barely makes it to the motherboard. I'm using a PC P&C Silencer 750.

actually i didn't need any extensions at all. Though i will be extending a few through a bit o' diy later.

the cable he's curious about, if you look carefully, its plugged in and simply gets tucked up and over the mobo. Runs behind the mobo and to the psu.

Its a really close call, but it reaches. I still have my own lil qualms about my wiring, which i'm still trying to further improve. So ya, thats about it.

I just got my TJ09 on Friday.. I have been busy transplanting my goods into it.. it's tricky to hide wires in this one.. but I've made some progress.. I sleeved everything.. then the neatening up process will likely go on for a while.. I did put a carbon fiber decal down on the mobo tray to make that look darker.. I really like that! I think the build is coming along pretty well.

TJ09.jpg

TJ09_1.jpg

TJ09_2.jpg

the night shot is over exposed a bit.. it's not that bright... I think I am going to ditch the vantec fancard because it's loud and doesn't move much air.. anyways.. tired now..need to rest.

Nice! I have my case coming in on Wednesday. Can't wait. Were did you get the carbon fiber decals?

Great job..I'm using red 120mm fans also..but dont want to show just yet.. :D
FEDEX..should be here with my last part this afternoon..you'll see some good wiring.!! :eek:

Thanks! yeah, this case is so f-ing sweet.. but it's a chore to hide the wires well because it is so open.. I am going to be "tuning" the config for a while I know. :)

Heh Revenent, what is the model of the fans than you have in the pci slot, pointing at the 8800; if like this idea.

M

I have two, one is a generic slot blower, which sucks the hot air right off the vented area of the 8800 and tosses it out the back of the case.. then the next one down is a Vantec fancard... I like that one, but it's kind of noisy at any level but the lowest.. I am thinking about making something with 120mm fans and one of these pci-racks. I dunno.. we'll see.

I sure hope the R600 will be able to fit in here because I plan on getting this case as a start for my new computer that I plan on building in the near future with an R600. I might go Crossfire as well. Anyone think there will be any problems with this case and the R600? Did/does anyone have any problems with this case and the 8800GTX? :confused:

I am sure this case will not cause any troubles with an R600.. the space to the right of the mobo is vast and wide . . . you can see my 8800GTX in the case in one of the posts above.. TONS of room.

demonx: the case was kinda made for the 8800's and is able to hold extended atx boards so if this case cant fit a vid card then i dont know of any other case that could

revenant: ur setup looks great

Oh for shiz.. I need to bounce the vantec fancard for this to match the red/black theme I am going for..

revenant..that fan in your link looks great..the fans move in various directions..wicked :D
Is it lighted..??

revenant..that fan in your link looks great..the fans move in various directions..wicked :D
Is it lighted..??

yeah - it's got a red LED light show.. or so the reviews claim.. I have yet to see pics of it in the dark tho..

I have the same power supply as this dude the enermax galaxy 1,000 was always wondering if it can be turned upside down and fit in the case... now that i know it does.. i am really considering getting one now :)

I installed my galaxy like this also, because it keeps the wire loom more out of the way, but I debated on which way to mount it because of the gaping open top.. I don't want to drop a screw in there.. or even get metal flakes in it.. I have been covering the top of the psu when I work with the case open.. just to be safe.. I would do the same if I were you. :)

speaking of case logistics... for those who are wondering, the Tunic Tower 120 fits while mounted through the mobo tray slot.. just barely..

tuniq1.jpg

whew.

Nice pic. and thxs for the info on the 120; nice motherboard tray eh?

M

I also have my 850w thermaltake fan pointing up, and I also cover the fan when working.

Here's my current / stable setup. I used velcro on some wires as someone suggested (I got tired of cutting/re-cutting cable ties).

369164942_78843816a3_b.jpg

Looks good!

I got my case in yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, but I will tonight. One thing is that box it comes in sure is huge! :eek:

Once I start it all built I will post some pics.

Prices are fairly close between these two. Which one would be best with respect to flexibility and room?

I was wondering why no one seems to mention Scythe;

like the Scythe "S-FLEX™"

M

I'll throw in a vote for S-Flex fans too, they're really quite... Recall also guys, most of the data I have seen shows that beyond 1400rpm or so the cooling effects on heatsinks are low.

got my case last night from the pics i didnt expect it to be so big this is my first real case i think i might have to pick up a tj07 now :D

Thanks for the post revenant, helped me make my decision.

wow.. we're going to have twin systems! I wish you were having a better time of it with the IN9, but maybe a bios flash will help? anyways..

For my final items to ice the cake, er case here, I got a 5 and 1/4 inch Sunbeam Rhobus fan controller and a 3 and 1/2 inch three rocker-switch red led panel for my UV lights.. all should be here next week. my new chipset fans are non-led so I should have all red lights in the case except for tracers and the blue leds on the bottom of the IN9 mobo... should look pretty nice. :D

Wow, when I started this thread I never thought that it would grow to this size....anyways, the TJ09 looks like the perfect case, and everytime I see one it makes me want to replace my TJ06 even more. One thing that does turn me off a little is the fact that there seems to be no places to tuck away wires, also do the meshed fan grills have filters? I would assume that the case would be a dust magnet especially when using all 5 fans. Other then that this looks to be a near flawlessly designed case!

Well, without owning one yourself, you hit on a few good points; the case does let dust in (most do) and cable routing is challenging (most are). I'll gladly live with the case given all of the other great features and benefits; thanks for starting the thread; it helped alot.

M

Back