Silverstone TJ09!

right-0! I did say "clean as hell," but you'll have to excuse my n00bish cockyness, seeing as this is my first build. So it could actually turn into a work of frustration and eventual surrender :D

HahaHa..Well one thing is for sure we [H]ard guys/gals..will tell you what to fix to make it right :D

Has anyone figured out a good way to water cool TJ09? I know at first glance you could stick a dual 120 rad up top, but there is a gap between the fans. Has anyone figured out an easy way to get a dual 120 rad up top without cutting and hacking things up? I just got the case and am thinking about water cooling and I am not a modder so that is why i'm asking. The only alternative I can think is to stick up 2 individual 120mm radiators which would be cake obviously, but would it perform as good as a double radiator. Would having 2 120mm rads or 1 240mm rad have a noticeable difference in cooling compared to a single 120mm rad when cooling say just an e6600 up to at most 1.5v? Right now my e6600 is at 3.4ghz @ 1.39375v and idles at low to mid 40's and load on dual prime95 is mid to high 60's. By the way, i'm using a Zalman 9500. The real question is, would I get a big drop in temperatures if I decide to do water cooling from what I already have?

Has anyone figured out a good way to water cool TJ09? Right now my e6600 is at 3.4ghz @ 1.39375v and idles at low to mid 40's and load on dual prime95 is mid to high 60's. By the way, i'm using a Zalman 9500. The real question is, would I get a big drop in temperatures if I decide to do water cooling from what I already have?

You can see mine in post #326 on page 17. You need to be careful of radiator thickness. The Swiftech MCR220 is 1.3" thick and works great; no interference with the mobo tray. I have mine spaced down with rubber washers to clear a bar in top of the case.

I went from Zalman 9500 -> Vigor Monsoon -> single 120 rad in my old case and then to MCR220 rad in my TJ09. Pre-water it was just too hot above 3.4 GHz, idling near 50C and under Orthos at 72-74C using Core temp. With a single 120 I went to 3.6 GHz with peak temps in the mid 60s. With the current setup at 3.6 it idles at 41 and peaks at 58 with Orthos and Core temp, with 1600 RPM rad fans running at 70-80%. My E6600 needs 1.5625 volts to be stable at 3.6. Room temps are consistent 22-24C.

Has anyone with the TJ09 removed the middle fan that is used to cool the video cards? I think I want to replace it with something better. I have SLI 8800GTS and the cards are running warm. There just isn't enough airflow. The cards idle nearly 70 and under gaming get near 80. The fans on the 8800s are noticeable. Need help!

Thanks!

- Matt

Has anyone with the TJ09 removed the middle fan that is used to cool the video cards? I think I want to replace it with something better. I have SLI 8800GTS and the cards are running warm. There just isn't enough airflow. The cards idle nearly 70 and under gaming get near 80. The fans on the 8800s are noticeable. Need help!

Thanks!

- Matt

Mid section fan removal was covered on page 20 of this thread

Seems like the cable management is a bitch on a case like this. Is it possible to wrap the cables around the back?

nope lol .. its a bitch to hide wires here .. if u figure out a way besides using a modular psu .. let me know

nope lol .. its a bitch to hide wires here .. if u figure out a way besides using a modular psu .. let me know

Now that i see these comments..SlikRig did you work on the wires in your box yet.??( first member to show his tj09 in this thread )..just wanted to know ;) :D :eek:

Now that i see these comments..SlikRig did you work on the wires in your box yet.??( first member to show his tj09 in this thread )..just wanted to know ;) :D :eek:

Yeah belive it or not the case is still empty...I cant quite hit the add to cart button due to the fact that .....

1. im not really happy with the 680 boards

2 I havent seen direct X 10 in action yet....or Vista for that matter

3. waiting to see if PCP&Cooling is going to make a 1.2 or 1.5 kilo watt

I hear ya silk..well i got the 680i ( evga)..a freind did also..updated his bios and it runs great..My case comes tomorrow..and yup the power supply thing is another problem for me..I need something like that also..2/ BFG 8800 gtx,..with only a 600 watt power supply :(

Yeah belive it or not the case is still empty...I cant quite hit the add to cart button due to the fact that .....

1. im not really happy with the 680 boards

2 I havent seen direct X 10 in action yet....or Vista for that matter

3. waiting to see if PCP&Cooling is going to make a 1.2 or 1.5 kilo watt
Put your current system in. :D

BTW, Ultra is making a 2kw PSU: http://legitreviews.com/article/436/1/
Are you jumping on the deal?:p

Im going to leave my current hardware in the tj-03....all tho I may salvage the 150 raptors from it....I want the 09 to be cutting edge as possible, even though I know ''cutting edge '' today has the life span equal to a bic lighter

well crap, like in my sig, i've got an evga 680i and 8800gtx with a 650watt modular power supply.

everything works fandiddlytastic. i'm slowly working on the cable management. i guess i could show you guys a teaser type pic ;)

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

*prior to window etching, and coolit cooler installed. The motherboard tray, backing behind tray and only a few other things were painted black.

Im going to leave my current hardware in the tj-03....all tho I may salvage the 150 raptors from it....I want the 09 to be cutting edge as possible, even though I know ''cutting edge '' today has the life span equal to a bic lighter

HAHA..enjoy what you can as long as you can..
Silk your funny.. :D :D

NVUSGT..I like your tj09 case..really nice..
Just a question is the inside black??..looks like it is?

yup sure is! The mother board tray, the panel behind the mobo tray and a few other lil things were painted black. Seeing as the power supply was black, along with the modular cables, majority of the mobo was black, i decided to paint some bits to match.

may already be a known tid bit, but i used zinc chromate primer before painting it. I've noticed some pics of peeps paint jobs and it sorta looks like niks and scratches seemed a bit easy. Zinc chromate really adheres to aluminium, so it helps keep the paint on longer.

sorry to have spewed all that if you guys already knew it.

Ah..you guy know I'm in heaven right about now..working on the wire mgt as i type..mmmh well sort of :D

Pic's will but up as soon as it's done..WOOT!!! :eek: :eek: :D

I think Silverstone should come out with a new version of the TJ09 just changing the fan mounts up top so they are closer/touching to accomodate a dual radiator for water cooling. They should have a new revised case top that you can replace the old one (I think it may screw off). They obviously had water cooling in mind with this case with the precut holes out the back. Why wouldn't they have the mounting of radiators up top in mind when making the case? Still an awesome case by the way as I just picked one up myself. The reason I say this is because I'm thinking about maybe doing water cooling in the future and if I did it, I would like to keep everything inside the case.

Xoxide has the TJ09 for $259.99 and very cheap shipping! Only cost me $11.57 to ship to California, no tax too!

http://www.xoxide.com/silverstone-tj09-case-black.html

Picked one up along with a ST75F, can't wait till they get here!

On another note, does anyone know where to pick up those TaceNS 120mm Aura Ice fans in the USA? I'd like to get a few of them but all the sites that sell them are in europe or asia :|

I just got the same combo (TJ-09-BW) with a Silverstone ST75F power supply. It went together easily and I like the case. The power supply works well with it and has a matched 6 pin SATA power cable that works well with the 6 available bays. I installed Scythe FDB fans in the HD cage and in the two upper fan mounts. The front fan that blows on the expansion cards is a bit louder than I would like so I plan to replace it. I had no problems fitting my Tuniq Tower with the removable motherboard tray. I'm going to swap the front LEDS out for some that are not quite as bright. Lastly on the ST75F and the EVGA 680i motherboard, my 8 pin ATX connector cable is stretched across the board. I ordered up a 12" extension off Ebay for under $7 that will fix that problem.

Wire management in this case sort of sucks. I'm going to build a wire manager out of aluminum on my sheet metal brake to hide most of my wires.

Ive got a black with window 09 myself. I bought the 1000W Silverstone PS for it as well. They make wonderful stuff they do.

Anyone know where to pick up those 120mm TaceNS Aura Ice fans? Seems like you can only get them out of the states... Anyone willing to purchase them and ship them to me? :)

Those fans look nice and have nice CFM, but 35db is just too loud for me, especially if you take that and multiply by 5 :) Know of any good white LED ones that are around 25db or less?

I really wish they had the TaceNS in the states, 14db 46cfm is just too good!!

Big Worms

nope..just the top and the rear...so far
I have a Coolermaster(blue) for the harddrive area..

d7a7z7e7d
those white fans..(I really wish they had the TaceNS in the states, 14db 46cfm is just too good!!.).I wish we could get them too..nice affect in the case..White LED's in a Black fan enclosure..tight :D

Back