Silverstone TJ09!

sdgserv ...looking like a work in progress...Enjoy
Hey and if that keyboard feels good to your fingers..let it be,let it be,let it be,let it be ;) :D

I have just treated myself to one of these cases as an early xmas present. I don’t think I will ever spend as much money on a case again, but I plan on holding onto this one for a few years.

The build quality is exceptional, which it ought to be for the price. It’s a significant step up from the Antec P160W I had previously. I would highly recommend this case to anyone thinking about splashing out on one.

Here’s a list of what I have in it:

Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU
Asrock 939Dual-SATA2
Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Zalman CNPS9500-AM2 Aero Flower
2 x 1GB OCZ DDR-400 PC3200 Performance
Gainward Bliss 7800 GS+ 512MB AGP
Hauppauge Win-TV HVR 1300 MCE
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
2 x Seagate 160GB SATA II 7200rpm HDD
Sony AW-G170AB2 18x DVD±RW x12 Ram Dual Layer DVD-Writer

I also have 3 Akasa Blue LED 120mm fans fitted, 2 in the top slots and 1 in the HDD area.

My next purchase will be a matching black Silverstone fan controller. I’ve never had some many fans in a PC case before, so having the option to turn the fans down to try and stop this thing from attempting a take off would be good!

Here’s some piccies:

sdgserv, looks great but i agree on the need for cable management

is it possible to mount the hard drives the other way in the cage so the connector is in the back, i would think this would make cable management easier.

SlikRig said:
The way you want the air to flow just depends on how you flip the fan..you can set it to blow either way...up or down...its your choice

This case would be near perfect if there was a single fan for each HDD cage. If the fan blows up where does the hot air go? If the fan blows down it blows hot air onto other HDDs?

Cathode321 said:
My next purchase will be a matching black Silverstone fan controller. I’ve never had some many fans in a PC case before, so having the option to turn the fans down to try and stop this thing from attempting a take off would be good!

Which model do you have going to purchase?

64dragon said:
sdgserv, looks great but i agree on the need for cable management

is it possible to mount the hard drives the other way in the cage so the connector is in the back, i would think this would make cable management easier.
With Sata drives..I think you can do that..make it cleaner..I have Scsi drives so the connector from the controller card sticks out about 2 inches..might be to much..but I will try. Get rid of the clustered up mess. Each cable is 1m and I have 4..Not my choice but I have to work with it,

Keyboard is older than dirt..One of those old style clicky types

senfter said:
Don't like you this one?

I've read good receptions too (in my country)

Nope that's the FP52.

I liked the retro kinda look of the FP33 and thought it would look better with the case.

I have enough bling with all the LED fans in there :)

Nothing wrong with the FP52 though, i've read a few good reviews about it. Guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

Cathode321..Nice job..The Hiper is nice to work with and seems to be stabe,,

I've just put my main PC into one of these cases - very nice, but the stock fans are too noisey for my liking.

I've got 2 SilenX fans blowing out at the top, and will replace the 2 Silverstone fans with 2 Noiseblocker Ultrasilents, plus another Noiseblocker Ultrasilent in the HDD area.

Problem is though, I don't know how to remove the Silverstone fan that draws in air behind the HDDs. I've tried unscrewing the screws at the top of the metal enclosure but this didn't help.

I'm probably being a bit thick, but can anyone give me a quick idiot's guide on how to do this?

i just received my case today .. gonna swap everything in later on ..

how do u remove the fan that blows on the gfx cards .. the one behind the hdds ?

also does anyone know if the fp33 .. is tht the 3 port fan controller ?? how many watts per channel ? like can i double up on fans ?

jetjaguar said:
i just received my case today .. gonna swap everything in later on ..

how do u remove the fan that blows on the gfx cards .. the one behind the hdds ?

also does anyone know if the fp33 .. is tht the 3 port fan controller ?? how many watts per channel ? like can i double up on fans ?
You have to remove the screws from inside of the midsection fan case...its not too bad coming out.,you kinda have to ''feel'' for the screws with the screw driver, but re-installing the fan case will definately require a magnetic tip screw driver to hold the screws that secure the fan case to the 09's chassis....I did it to mine and all went fine,.. just take your time and make sure you dont cross thread the screws

I'm not a big fan of the TJ09. To me it just doesn't look like the kind of thoughtful design all over the case that went into TJ07 was in the TJ09. Then again the TJ07 is their flagship case, right? Is the TJ09 supposed to be just one notch below the TJ07?

jtobrien said:
I'm not a big fan of the TJ09. To me it just doesn't look like the kind of thoughtful design all over the case that went into TJ07 was in the TJ09. Then again the TJ07 is their flagship case, right? Is the TJ09 supposed to be just one notch below the TJ07?
Cost less

jtobrien said:
34,000 views on this 09 thread...guess it can't be too bad !! :D

sdgserv said:
Anybody is this any good..I don't know anything about them
Thanks
http://www.sundialmicro.com/silverstone_vfd_display_sstfp54b_1687_295.html

im tempted to try it out .. cuz i would like an lcd and i would like to stay with silverstone .. but what i dont like is .. no internal usb ?? so u have to route the cable thru the back of ur case and connect it to ur printer port .. uhh

also anyone know how many fans they fp33 could hold .. i mean could u double up and put 2 per channel ??

Hi,

I am about to purchase a tj09 , im just wondering if it will fit my Zalman9700 cpu cooler and will i be able to insert the motherboard tray with it on it?

i would think so .. if not .. just remve the 4 screws to take off that guard or wutever it is .. slide the motherboard tray in .. and then put the guard back on ..

spaceman789 said:
Hi,

I am about to purchase a tj09 , im just wondering if it will fit my Zalman9700 cpu cooler and will i be able to insert the motherboard tray with it on it?

Yes..no problem

thanks for the link NJ1972, i wanna get the black one.. and what is this labeling system the new pioneer drive has.. sounds better than lightscribe...

how can u take out that gfx fan bracket .. ??

is it 2 screws up top and 2 on the bottom ???

its kinda tough fitting everything in this case .. the 1000k psu cables are so long .. i dont know how to hide or anything .. gonna take ALOT of work it looks like :(

I already explained this to you......there are 4 screws inside the fan case that must be removed

You dont remove the ones underneath untill you remove the entire cage assembly form the case.....there a 4 screws INSIDE the fan case that must be removed ....you cant see them.. but you can feel them when you insert a small phillips screw driver in the fan cage slots..the screw driver should be a # 1 or 2 phillips about 6 inches long

anyone else got some pics of this bad boy?
i would love to see a few more shots of them all wired up before i go buy one.

also interested to see some water cooling in this case

well everything is in my case .. routing cables is gonna be hard for me in this case .. plus my 1k silverstone psu .. it has plenty of room .. but hiding the cables is gonna suck

ok one issue i have is .. the top hd cage .. i have no prob taking it in or out when no hds are mounted in it .. when i mount 1-2 hds i cant put it back in no matter what ?? take the hds out .. slides right back in ..

so i have my hds in the lower one .. no prob taking it in or out ..

anyone have this issue ??

Back