Silverstone TJ09!

I will be getting T09 soon ( required preorder at my computer store ).
I also will change the stock fans to SilenX 120x25mm 14dBA 1400rpm 72cfm .
Four in total . One in front , one in the back and two on top.
From what I have read many people use the top fans to blow the air into the case and not
out. I will disregard the simple physic rule that hot air raises and go with the idea that
this set up brings more cool air into the case.
But the fact remains that you will have 3 fans blowing the air in and only one taking it out.
Also the positioning of the top 2 fans is so close to the out fan and the cpu fan will
definitely cause some air turbulence that will disrupt the air flow in there.

You might set up the two top fans to take out the air out of the case which would promote good air flow thru the whole case. One bringing ( front of the case ) the cool air in and 3 taking the hot air out ( one at the back and two on top ). But is it enough of cool air being pumped into the case 1 vs 3.

Or maybe just stick to original case set up 1 front vs 1 back and forget about two top fans
all together.

I have a TJ09 setup, had it for a few months, and have tried several fan configurations.

1. Regarding the PSU, I placed my fan pointing up into the case. I don't like the idea of pulling dirt from the floor into the psu. Also, w/ the fan up it gives more air flow through the case, near my GPU. It's quieter too. You just have to be careful when working in the case so you don't drop anything into it. If you look at pics on this site, many people have it pointing up, even when they have vents on the bottom for the intake.

2. I use the top 2 fan spots to do my final balancing of the case and cpu temps. You can, as I did, try several combinations here. Alot depends on which cooler you have on the cpu. W/ my 9700 NT, I have the top-front fan blowing in, and the top-back fan blowing out. This gave me the lowest CPU temps.

My entire case is ballanced to give a slight positive pressure to the case to keep dust out (slightly more air flow in than out, which keeps air flow out the extra passive grills on the back). The video card fan keeps things moving nice.

Hope this helps.

will the hdds fit in turned around, or are there any clearance issues? I am about to order tj-09 from newegg today, it wont be a big deal if they wont cause the case is so nice, but it would give the case a better look.

will the hdds fit in turned around, or are there any clearance issues? I am about to order tj-09 from newegg today, it wont be a big deal if they wont cause the case is so nice, but it would give the case a better look.

Only a better look if the cover was off.

Yes the mesh is see through though not blatantly obvious in terms of what you can see inside. As well you cannot flip the drives around as the opposite side panel is pretty flush at the back and the power/data cable can't be connected that way.

is the mesh see through thats how it looks in the pics??:confused: ??

It's fairly see through, but remember that camera flashes even makes the most dense mesh designs look like swiss cheese.

can you post some pics of the hdd area and are there special holes for routing cables near the cooling apparatus in the middle?

can you post some pics of the hdd area and are there special holes for routing cables near the cooling apparatus in the middle?

Look at my post back on page 17. There are no "special holes" for cable routing unless you make them yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i have my tj-09 coming from the egg, which should be here hopefully friday, but it looks like it my be monday, uggh. But im extremely excited, i have big plans for it, and i should have a worklog up whithin the month. Lets just say its going to be the baddest tj-09 yet!:D

Does anyone know the size of the leds for the front panel leds, and if so are they able to be swapped out??

I finally decided to go ahead and post my TJ09, enjoy.

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture001.jpg

finally got mine in last night havent decided what im going to put in it, but it cant be anything less than bad ass
p4140357kk3.jpg

havent seen anyone post a pic of the right side
p4140358op2.jpg

i want to water cool but im not sure on what i want to use, any suggestions for not having to mod the case

Anyone know if Silverstone makes an aluminum 5.25" bezel or cover similar to the Lian Li cd-drive covers? I'm getting the silver TJ09 and haven't gotten much feed back on a suitable silver SATA DVD+-R drive. Thanks.

this question goes to slik rig, or anyone who can answer it, i dont seen any screws or anything to get to the mid section fan. I mean i see some hex screws here and there but i dont know if those are for the mid section enclosure. I saw that you change the middle fan with a tri-blade fan. So if you could give me the procedure that would be sweet.:confused:

Pioneers newest DVR-112D-SV is a silver based RW drive and performs extremely well, just like all Pioneer burners.

I know this is from a Canadian store but it does prove it does exist and it does look quite nice, much better in person than in the picture.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=012737&cid=CR.184

Huh. Can't find it in the US, anyone know where I can find one? ZZF doesn't have em and the egg only has them in black.

disregard my last comments i found the screws, took me a all of three seconds just saw some holes on the enclosure so i stuck my screwdriver in there and found the screws.

disregard my last comments i found the screws, took me a all of three seconds just saw some holes on the enclosure so i stuck my screwdriver in there and found the screws.

I am still yet to change my internal fan too. How did you make out once you found the screws? I looked inside but found squat. I guess I will have to look harder next time. Let us know how you made out, any hints or troubles you may have had and what fan you decided to change to? Did you do it while the case was empty or fully loaded? Did the fan offer better airflow and cooler gpu temps? I look forward to your response.

Hi guys,
New to this forum but have beeen reading it for awhile because of this big thread on TJ09.
Lots of nice ones in here. I got mine finished ( for now :) ) Thought I would add my pictures to your collection,also.
My friend at the local AllPro Computer and Gaming Shop helped with a killer wiring job !

DSC00258aa.jpg

DSC00241aa.jpg

Wow that is very nice looking. Definitely clean for sure. I am curious as to if you are able to get the right hand panel on with those wires being behind the tray as well as the hard drive being mounted the way they are? I found I could not close that side of the case if anything was in the way due to clearance issues.

Yes, it closes okay.Try taking handles off and turning them around on HDD boxes but they will not lock into place but is cleaner. :)

Yes, it closes okay.Try taking handles off and turning them around on HDD boxes but they will not lock into place but is cleaner. :)

DSC00265.jpg

I am still yet to change my internal fan too. How did you make out once you found the screws? I looked inside but found squat. I guess I will have to look harder next time. Let us know how you made out, any hints or troubles you may have had and what fan you decided to change to? Did you do it while the case was empty or fully loaded? Did the fan offer better airflow and cooler gpu temps? I look forward to your response.

Alright you have to take off both side panels and mobo tray once that is dont looke from the back of the case to the mid enclosure you wills see four holes the screws are in there once you get those out there are two screws on the top and bottom once those are out pull it apart GENTLY and then you can unscrew the middle fan should be 12 screws in all hope it works for you

Oh yea and far as what else you said you have to take out the motherboard tray and the two side panels, you will also need at least 5" long screwdriver to reach it on the hole closest to the motherboard tray. But the performance on cooling is up to you basically cause it offers extremely good airflow, just get a fan controller and a nice fan and you should be set, turn the fan up for gaming and down for browsing and listening to music. I have yet to get all my components for my new system but im expecting it to be pretty kick ass. I want to use fans with white leds but that wont match my liquid if i get the green uv reactive that comes with the kit i want. Or i could just buy some non-reactive clear fluid and that would match pretty well. But i dont want to buy a new system yet cause amd and intel are having a processor war and i dont want buy a cpu and have it outdated the next month, ya know. One question for anyone who has this case and a x-fi sound card, will the cable for the front audio work with it, cause i know how creative in all its wisdom decided to make its own connector for its sound card.

thanks for your responses. I am surprised the panel closes with those cables being run around back. I really must try a little harder with my wiring job to achieve the same.

I can route some cables behind the mobo tray with no probs but as my 8 pin power lead fell around 1" short of the socket I bought an extension lead and ran into clearance problems. The retaining clip on the 8 pin plug from my PSU made the connection to the extension lead too bulky to fit behind the tray and put the case side back on. Actually it would just about go on but made a slight bow in the right hand panel. An easier way was to route the cable up the side of the rear fan and over the top of it to the socket which still looks quite tidy.

A question to all of you TJ09 owners using CCFLs. Where is it best to hide the inverter? I've got one with an on/off switch mounted to a backplate and the 12v leads are too short to reach a hidden spot. I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells extension leads so I guess I'll just have to cut the wires and do a bit of splicing. Advice needed please.

You could put it under the middle enclosure for the fans or above the top drive, if its in good reach for you cables. But get creative you could put it in between the top fans, i beileve it will fit, or some where near there.

No problem im planning my rig out and and saw the empty space took an old convertor and stuck it up in there and it fit fine, so post some pics if you can, i want to see how it looks.;)

I need help on a place to put this reservoir at in my tj-09 cant seem to find a place that i like. I will have the radiator in the back of the case either the top back fan or the back fan, and im almost more than sure on putting my pump in the 3.5 slot with my fan controller. So if you could give me ideas or post pics of where you put yours that would be greatly appreciated.

has anyone put any akasa sound dampening inside the tj09 before? just wondering if it's worth taking a look at.

desk setup

waiting on a few yates to come in the mail then i'll be adding those in.

I am wondering if akasa sound dampening would really help a case designed like the TJ09. From my limited experience the dampening material works best with a more sealed enclosure. The TJ09 is a different design and I would like to read about somebody's experience with akasa. So if you want to try it out go ahead and then let us know :D

i'm in the same boat.. im wondering if it would help out or not make a difference.. was wondering if anyone else has tried.. but yea i may take the plunge and order some up and see

anyone have any problems with rattling when the side panels are on ?? its kinda a weird buzzing sound that happens from time to time .. and i have to loosen or tighten the side panels .. quite annoying .. other than that i love my tj09

I have noticed that too. The middle part of the side panel touches the fan enclosure . In this
instance Lian-li has much better solution . It has designed their panels this way that the lock
in three different spots. Front , middle and back.

I plan to do some modding myself. Either I use small magnets ( one at the side panel and
one at fan enclosure ) or some other material that will lock both parts into place.
Maybe Velcro solution will do the trick . Just have to use small piece so I do not have to use to much force to open the panel.

It could be that early versions of the TJ09 suffered from this problem. My TJ09 doesn't exhibit any of the aforementioned buzzing sounds.... God I effin' love this case:D

I have noticed that too. The middle part of the side panel touches the fan enclosure . In this
instance Lian-li has much better solution . It has designed their panels this way that the lock
in three different spots. Front , middle and back.

I plan to do some modding myself. Either I use small magnets ( one at the side panel and
one at fan enclosure ) or some other material that will lock both parts into place.
Maybe Velcro solution will do the trick . Just have to use small piece so I do not have to use to much force to open the panel.

go velcro! magnets in a pc = not always a great idea (just keep them clear of your drives)

I have a small rattle in the non-windowed side panel, where the HD area venting is.. I am thinking about taking a glue gun to it and sealing in all the seams.. or something like that so the mesh's bracket doesn't rattle any more.. gah! pretty annoying. I have pushed the mesh's tabs all the way down, as hard as they will go also.. so it's how the bracket attaches to the side panel which is loose.. if I do any gluing of that it will have to be real careful like.. to keep it clean looking. :)

Back