Silverstone TJ09!

I installed my galaxy like this also, because it keeps the wire loom more out of the way, but I debated on which way to mount it because of the gaping open top.. I don't want to drop a screw in there.. or even get metal flakes in it.. I have been covering the top of the psu when I work with the case open.. just to be safe.. I would do the same if I were you. :)

speaking of case logistics... for those who are wondering, the Tunic Tower 120 fits while mounted through the mobo tray slot.. just barely..

tuniq1.jpg

whew.

i didnt go for the silverstone tj09 case... i heard good reviews about the coolermaster stacker830.. as well... was really debating between the two... and finally decided on the stacker830 the black edition.....went with the stacker for serveral reasons.. the stacker looks much nicer imho... the air cooling is unbeatable with 4 120mm on the side panel.... and the case has an open air type design... only thing that i had to do to the case to fit my eneramx galaxy 1,000 was to bend the top metal bracket to make it fit... since that metal bracket was supposed to be for a 120mm fan.. but since the galaxy has a 140mm fan.. it doesnt really matter..

also ordered a tuniq tower 120 and im pretty sure it can fit in this case.. alot of room...

hey everyone, just thought i'd post my attempt at wire management, keep in mind its my first build, so be gentle

also, i'm not exactly done, cause i plan on hiding a few more wires

Picture135.jpg
How did you get the 8 pin cable to connect at the top? I tried with mine and seemed like it was not going to reach. I have same motherboard and power supply.

How did you get the 8 pin cable to connect at the top? I tried with mine and seemed like it was not going to reach. I have same motherboard and power supply.

Not sure about the comp above but I use an 8 pin extension cable and my power supply is mounted so the cords come off the side nearest the motherboard. That way it will easily reach.

Looks like he used the ol' " route the cable under the mobo trick "...nicely done

Looks like he used the ol' " route the cable under the mobo trick "...nicely done

I could swear it does not fit through there, too thick. But will look try it again.

By the way, love this case! Used to be a big Lian-Li person, but this is the best case I have ever owned. At the moment I am trying to get some wire managment going and then I will post some picks.

yep.. it goes behind the tray I think.. mine does also.. but he blacked so much it's hard to see for sure.. but there is some decent room behind the mobo tray.. I will be making good use of it very soon. :)

Well here is a sample..of my tj09..Just wanted to show off the Duel (sLi) Madness 2/8800 gtx ! :eek:

I'll change my sig soon to match my hardware ;)

firsthardocpshotsst4.jpg

hardocp2yw1.jpg

xnikx..Alot if your using 8800 gts/gts

l0cke...Only need one bridge,,unless I'm missing something..
Thanks Worms
My partner in Crime :D..SlikRig..these wires are an on going project for sure..thank for the words

SlikRig..the front is not done yet..I bought a media card reader (li lian) and I have not installed it yet..plextor 755a SATA drive up top..I'll have a pic soon for all to see..:p
You still on the fence about putting your together???

Yeah..I'm still on the fence.....pci xpress 2.0 on the way..ddr3 on the way...ddr4 for video cards on the way....I gotta tuff it out just a bit longer

Darkside, I like the way you ran your processor power wires under the vid cards. Looks good, I thought of trying it, but didn't think it would work. Good job

Just about finished with cable sleeving and routing! Overall, very very pleased with the quality of this case! :)

sundust001mx4.jpg

sundust002nl2.jpg

Very Nice! The tuniq seems at home in that case. Are the top 120mm fans blowing air in or out ?

Very Nice! The tuniq seems at home in that case. Are the top 120mm fans blowing air in or out ?

I had them blowing out originally but I recently switched them to blowing in and experienced about 1C drop in mobo temps, didnt seem to change core temps... they are only 46cfm (yate loons), but they're quiet and they work. My main problem is that my computer room (lacking central air) is always really hot... usually 76-78F :\

Hi everyone
At last TJ09 has arrived in Italy. I just wanted to show you any snapshot..I'm sure that is a wonderful case about design, material quality and hardware cooling.
How you can see i've installed a Silverstone thermal controller, very cool, a bracket to trasform 5,25" in 3,5" drive bay because i've used it for a multimedia reader card.
In the top bay i put two SilenX iXtrema PRO 120mm 11dBA, very silent, they moves a lot of air, not very cheaper instead. Between the HD bay i've installed one Aerocool 120mm Fan Turbine 1000 - silver, very silent too.
To end i've installed a blu neon with four serial ata connector uv reactive (I've got four HD in Raid5)

dang my bad guys. Hadn't been by in a while, also didn't think i really needed to check if anyone had any questions. Figured "i'm a n00b, who's gonna ask me how i did my wire job?!?"

Been really busy, so i hadn't extended any cables nor cleverly hidden others just yet. Ya, about the 8pin, its a snug fit but instead of underneath the mobo, i put it under the mobo tray and the 2 black rails it slides on. By doing that it'll fit.

100_3984.jpg

100_3985.jpg

:p about blacking alot of stuff out. That was def my goal, to not be able to see a "mess" in case it wasn't so clean. But now i've had it for a week, its a bit too dark :rolleyes: .

100_3990.jpg

100_3989.jpg

SO along with 3 scythe s-flex fans i ordered, i got 2blue cc tubes :D should look pretty good. Not to mention my sammy monitor has a blue power ring, my blue alarm clock and that ridiculously bright blue l.e.d on the mobo.

Thanks! It seemed like it was to short on my setup to run it the way you did, but I will try it again.

:p about blacking alot of stuff out. That was def my goal, to not be able to see a "mess" in case it wasn't so clean. But now i've had it for a week, its a bit too dark :rolleyes: .

SO along with 3 scythe s-flex fans i ordered, i got 2blue cc tubes :D

Nvugst,
I know I read somewhere in this long thread what kind of paint you used, but I didn't want to have to reread this 27 page monster. So what kind was it? I know some paints won't bond well with Al and I definitely didn't want fish-eyes.

Also, My system is all blue. I also have the Abit IN9 32X-MAX which has blue leds and a blue post LED. Like you I also have two blue CC's although I haven't decided where to mount them yet. I also have a blue MS/Razr Habu and a blue Logitech G15. Only downside is I have a Abit uGuru front panel monitor which has a green led. Can't win 'em all. At least it's not red or orange considering my color scheme.

I also went with the Scythe S-flexes in my case. They are so quiet I am thinking about replacing my silverstone fans and the fan in my tuniq with them.

nvusgt You definatly have the best looking setup on this thread so far :cool: So now that you've had some time to think about it, what color paint would you have rather gone with?

I'm thinking about watercooling my video cards... maybe with a k00lance exos II or something.. first things first tho.. I'm going to get the new mobo in and get the wiring dialed in.. then think about water later. :)

My hope is that I'll have mine running within the next two weeks. :cool: Still waiting for Petra to get the Apogee GT in stock.

What kind of water cooling setup do you plan on doing? What I mean is are you maybe going to go with an externally mounted rad off the back using rad box or maybe a single 120 rad at the back on the inside or maybe even do what I'm gonna do, dual 120 radiators up top? if you are thinking of a dual 120 rad up top, it won't fit right without modification, thats why i'm doing 2 single 120 rads.

Anyways, here's a pic of my current setup before i do the water cooling.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

dang thanks a ton guys. Really makes me giggle when i get compliments, again i'm a n00b at this so :p thanks.

its not so much the paint rather than the primer i used, its used alot on jets and crap. Bein an f-16 crew chief i'm constantly seeing this green primer. Well its zinc-chromate primer, can't miss it, damn near glowing neon green when applied (doesn't really glow its just really bright). Sticks like a nagging gf to aluminum, then its up to you whatever color you wanna put on top.

I don't think i would've painted it any other color than black. Its an incredibly well made case. The aluminum has a nice clean black finish, so for me to paint a dif color inside woulda been tacky.

AH, about the water cooling. I've read weeks of material and with what i do a basic water cooling setup would be a bit much. But seeing as its a dual core, i decided i'm goin with the coolit eliminator, for ease of installation and simplicity. I know theres a ton of speculation about it, but reviews show for a decent setup its a damn good cooler. Problem i'm having now, is the fact i can't find an online retailer where i can buy it. The few places are for pre-orders, so does that mean its not even out yet?

Anywho, thanks again guys.

What kind of water cooling setup do you plan on doing? What I mean is are you maybe going to go with an externally mounted rad off the back using rad box or maybe a single 120 rad at the back on the inside or maybe even do what I'm gonna do, dual 120 radiators up top? if you are thinking of a dual 120 rad up top, it won't fit right without modification, thats why i'm doing 2 single 120 rads.

Anyways, here's a pic of my current setup before i do the water cooling.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm waiting for my Swiftech MCR220 to arrive (hopefully today). Dual radiator mounted inside the case up top with four L brackets to support it and the fans. The L brackets should screw into the already existing metal tabs that now support the two fan enclosures, so no cutting on the case. Should work. /crosses fingers. Yes there is the bar in the middle. Theorecically that might restrict a little airflow but, since I'm only cooling my CPU at the moment, I don't expect a problem.

I'm waiting for my Swiftech MCR220 to arrive (hopefully today). Dual radiator mounted inside the case up top with four L brackets to support it and the fans. The L brackets should screw into the already existing metal tabs that now support the two fan enclosures, so no cutting on the case. Should work. /crosses fingers. Yes there is the bar in the middle. Theorecically that might restrict a little airflow but, since I'm only cooling my CPU at the moment, I don't expect a problem.

Do you think you could post some pictures of those brackets holding your radiator once you get it all setup? Someone else mounted a double rad up top like that but the pictures weren't very close up and you couldn't really see exactly what things look like up there. If you could get some closer up ones just off all the stuff up top and clearly shows the way it is mounted and stuff that would be appreciated because I want to do the same thing.

Do you think you could post some pictures of those brackets holding your radiator once you get it all setup? Someone else mounted a double rad up top like that but the pictures weren't very close up and you couldn't really see exactly what things look like up there. If you could get some closer up ones just off all the stuff up top and clearly shows the way it is mounted and stuff that would be appreciated because I want to do the same thing.

Most definitely (assuming it works :eek: ). Radiator should come today but I'm at work until very late. Depending on the outcome, I'll post here and start a new thread in the water cooling section. The only thing you'll need is a Dremel to cut about an inch off one of the brackets (not the case ones but the ones that are holding the rad) --- very easy to do with a cutting disk attached.

looks like two 120mm skinny rads will fit at the top on the inside even very nicely.. or one dual 120mm unit.. there's a lot of space up there to play with.. :)

edit: ok, I just got too tempted by the new SATA dvd drives.. no more ide ribbon cables for me!! muahahah.. after seeing some of them in the Tj09s I had to join the party.. plus I hate those old ide cables. whew.

Hi everyone
At last TJ09 has arrived in Italy. I just wanted to show you any snapshot..I'm sure that is a wonderful case about design, material quality and hardware cooling.
How you can see i've installed a Silverstone thermal controller, very cool, a bracket to trasform 5,25" in 3,5" drive bay because i've used it for a multimedia reader card.
In the top bay i put two SilenX iXtrema PRO 120mm 11dBA, very silent, they moves a lot of air, not very cheaper instead. Between the HD bay i've installed one Aerocool 120mm Fan Turbine 1000 - silver, very silent too.
To end i've installed a blu neon with four serial ata connector uv reactive (I've got four HD in Raid5)

Really nice setup..But i think you should have "Black Face Drives"..make the case look alot better..Handsome!! :)

I think that's just an artifact of the bright flash, take a look at the picture higher up. And yes it is a nice rig.

did anyone of you buy the swiftech h20-220 kit? i think it would be nice to mount the rad ont he outside because it has pre-drilled holes. would it work? anyone got pics

Back