Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks.

No macs connected to the ACD's. I use them primarily with Windows 8 pc's (wife's and mine). I used to have a MBA that I used it with but I got rid of it but kept the ACD's. I love them though.

The G602's has WAY too many buttons for my liking lol.

I'll pay that.
I picked up one recently because I became sick of my Mamba.
I still only use two side buttons. I don't seem to accidentally press the other buttons though which is a plus.

Well, this setup also includes one CRT... but it still has more LCDs than anything else.

uH52cK5.jpg

BR84fvk.jpg

My bedroom has practically no space, but it was the only place I could put my computer stuff. This is how I solved the problem.

Everything is turned off to ensure there's no camera glare.

My Home Office/Gaming Setup

Had to re-upload them.

The left setup is as follow:
HP Probook 6470b, i5 work laptop
2ea 23" Asus 1080p Monitors
Emachines 19" LCD
All connected to a Pluggable USB to Dual Video adapter

The 2 right monitors are as follows:
2ea HP ZR2440W IPS Monitors
Left one connected to Xeon (i7 Equiv) Main Computer
Right one connected to I7-920 Gaming machine and Xbox360
Using Synergy to share the monitors, keyboard and Mouse.

Getting a bit old now, but as I don't game, there's little need to upgrade. Next workstation build would have to have four 4K monitors though... and maybe a bigger desk.

jet7-2.jpg

Processor: Core i7 920 quad core
Graphics: 2 x Radeon 7770s (original 5770s died)
Memory: 12GB DDR3
Storage: 4 x Samsung 1TB drives in RAID 1+0 for 2TB of storage
Monitors: 4 x Dell 23" 1920x1080 widescreens

Edit: Built in January 2010. My first multi-monitor setup was two 19" Iiyama CRTs powered by Nvidia GeForce and TNT cards and an overclocked 400MHz Celeron, running Windows 2000 in 2003.

Last edited:
couldn't you put the top one upside down so the thick part of the bezel isn't between the displays?

I actually did that first. But the problem is with my Titan. It displays HDMI out in Bios as primary than displayport and that input is the top monitor. I dual boot Windows and OSX so that is a problem for me.

Also 2nd problem is outputting that 3440x1440 in 180 degrees only yeilds me 30hz refreshed rate in OSX and in Windows (weird I know) I get 50hz if it's the normal position.

I'll take more photos of my setup but I'm re-arranging everything. I find this great vs the 30" U3011 and my 144hz VG24QE. I miss the asus gaming monitor but I rarely game these days. But when I do this monitor is amazing. I mostly play Skyrim, LoL and recently watchdogs and it's perfect.

7d5b21.jpg

e888a1.jpg

Mac Pro 3.5Ghz 6 core 32GB ram 512GB flash D700 gpu
Dual LG UM95 monitors each with Thunderbolt cable
HitLights LED light strips under monitor
Ergotron LX dual side-by-side arm
Thunderbolt-Firewire cable daisy chained to multiple 6TB WD MyBook Studio II drives
3DXConnexion USB Explorer mouse
MX Revolution mouse
Ducky Shine 3 keyboard
Belkin 7 USB hub
Bose Companion 5

Office setup. Seems busy but works well for me.

From left to right..

HP LD4200tm Touchscreen (driven by a pc under the desk), M4700, M4800 (docked), 2x U2713H

7d5b21.jpg

e888a1.jpg

Mac Pro 3.5Ghz 6 core 32GB ram 512GB flash D700 gpu
Dual LG UM95 monitors each with Thunderbolt cable
HitLights LED light strips under monitor
Ergotron LX dual side-by-side arm
Thunderbolt-Firewire cable daisy chained to multiple 6TB WD MyBook Studio II drives
3DXConnexion USB Explorer mouse
MX Revolution mouse
Ducky Shine 3 keyboard
Belkin 7 USB hub
Bose Companion 5

I think I'm sold on the Ergotron LX dual side by side arm. I was going to get dual humanscale M2s but why bother when you can get this...

I notice they sell a dual stacking arm. Any reason you opted for the normal dual over the stacking?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yea, that does look nicer.

I already had a 22 though, and found two more on Craigslist for cheap. I also prefer 16:10 to 16:9.

The 20" in my picture are the same resolution as your 22", 1680x1050. Not only does it size better the PPI match is closer as well, meaning less distortion.

I'll have to look for them then, I did a quick search and all I could find for sale was 1600x900 ones.

How do you guys have individual wallpapers for individual screen? I'm running portrait and landscape mode, but the same wallpaper is on both my screens. 1920x1080 wallpapers aren't nice to look at when the screen is oriented as Portrait - too much negative spaces.

well been just over a year with my 4 Dell 3014 and two U2711 monitors. Thinking I might swap out the four 3014's with 4k but would hate to lose size. Hoping they continue to come down in price.. SOON

How do you guys have individual wallpapers for individual screen? I'm running portrait and landscape mode, but the same wallpaper is on both my screens. 1920x1080 wallpapers aren't nice to look at when the screen is oriented as Portrait - too much negative spaces.

I'm using Ultramon - check www.realtimesoft.com

I'll have to look for them then, I did a quick search and all I could find for sale was 1600x900 ones.

You need the widescreen ones like the Dell 2007wfp. I don't think you can buy 1680x1050 new these days, but they are available used. The 2007wfp is IPS so it has great angles, important when looking up at a monitor.

22" are easier to find as 1080p, as a bonus they are a closer PPI match to the 20-30-20. Unfortunately the resolution matchup sucks because they too wide pixel-wise (5760 pixels vs 4960 pixels of the 20-30-20.

I personally like the PLP layout but the lack of Eyefinity/nVSurround support really sucks, that's why I ended up dumping all but the 30" monitor and replacing them with a better layout using 22" 1080p and 30" monitors:

Balanced world at night by rtangwai, on Flickr

This way I get Eyefinity on the lower monitors and the upper monitors are a perfect match for the lower row in PPI (100) and horizontal resolution (7680 pixels wide).

Back