Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

rtangwai

[H]ard|Gawd
I said "current generation" ie. 290/290x - the 7870 is older and roughly the same power as my HD6950 (both my HD6950 and HD6990 have 4xDP) but with a lot less heat and noise. It's the reason I haven't upgraded either my monitors or my GPUs, I'd be stuck at least 1 generation behind *NOW* and with 20nm parts out in probably 6 months.

xmadror

Gawd
It's a Changhong 50" that I got for super cheap from newegg on ebay (~$360).
It does not get used much since I got my LG 34um95, only use it for tv show which is why I have it to display in 720p. For 21:9 movies the LG is a lot better !

jamsomito

2[H]4U
It's in good condition, the thick fabric that holds in the foam hasn't ripped. It's only the top layer of fabric that's in trouble, which is for decoration.
It's not exactly decorating the way it should. Can you cut it off?

lol, us neat freaks are freaking out about that. Sounds like you don't really care too much. To each his own, and thanks for sharing! Great setup overall.

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
It's not exactly decorating the way it should. Can you cut it off?

lol, us neat freaks are freaking out about that. Sounds like you don't really care too much. To each his own, and thanks for sharing! Great setup overall.
I can pull it off, yes. Maybe I should. ;)

tobufubar

n00b
the surface utilizes the 3 monitors. The ESXI servers were more so for learning and plex usage. They are located in another room.

oblib__

Weaksauce
I love my two 24" HPs, but I'd like to surround it with a pair of 20" in portrait orientation. How to convice the wife?

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
Do what I do --

Tell her: "For proper convincing, see last year's W-2 and check whose name is next to the income."

Gets her every time - unless your wife makes more than you. Then you are attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis (screwed)

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
Do what I do --

Tell her: "For proper convincing, see last year's W-2 and check whose name is next to the income."

Gets her every time - unless your wife makes more than you. Then you are attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis (screwed)

I like this guy. I think it's sad that most men are afraid to buy anything without their wife's permission.

(I don't say permission is the same as communicating.)

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
My wife is fantastic and helps pay the bills (she is a blood sucking attorney) When we want something we get it. As long as the % hits the retirement accounts and bills are paid, we are good. Haven't had an issue yet. No questions, no anger, no permission. Separate checking accounts, same savings accounts.

If you are asking to buy your toys as a married man, something went wrong along the way.

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
Any suggestions on monitors for a 3x Portrait setup with current panels?

I'm going to sell my U3011 and move to something different, and use the U3011 to help pay for the upgrade. 3x 1440p probably isn't happening unless they are the cheaper panels.

d_stilgar

Limp Gawd
Any suggestions on monitors for a 3x Portrait setup with current panels?

I'm going to sell my U3011 and move to something different, and use the U3011 to help pay for the upgrade. 3x 1440p probably isn't happening unless they are the cheaper panels.
I have three U2412M monitors from Dell. You can get them new for ~$250 each, which is totally worth the price. Link

You can see my setup here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038589870&highlight=#post1038589870

I really should update it since I've gotten a triple monitor stand and am now using a different desk.

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
That's pretty sweet, looks like I'll be upgrading from my 680 to a 980 sooner than expected.

tsdt

n00b
Now that I finally took some pictures of my desk, I thought I'd post them among others in this hopefully long-lasting thread :)

Sieg

Limp Gawd
I finally ditched my 3x1 eyefinity portrait setup for a single 34um95. I don't regret it a all since games are much easier to drive and I don't have to wait for stupid eyefinity fixes :)

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally ditched my 3x1 eyefinity portrait setup for a single 34um95. I don't regret it a all since games are much easier to drive and I don't have to wait for stupid eyefinity fixes :)
How do you already have the Witcher 3 statue?!:confused:

Oh and sweet setup!! :D