Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Long time reader first time poster, I did not realize how fingerprinty my monitors were haha.
Flashes love to bring out fingerprints, lol. My ATCS 840 hates flashes so much that I wait for better light or move it to another room instead of using a flash.

Nice setup. Lovin' the portrait triples on one stand.

5973459426_c3d9a608e2_b.jpg

5973453216_411f28d883_b.jpg

Wow, my walls are also that color of green. Can't really say that I like it, though.
LMAO!...I hate it makes my eyes bleed!...My wife wants colorful walls!...She keeps tellin' me "Your on the dark side with colors"...I tell her join the darkside!...l0l

My set-up;
Horrible picture quality I agree, that's my phone when the light is low.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KOVPu_W5Zgc/TijgTICQJbI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/r2dUo3_mQ8A/s1280/11+-+1[ /img]

EDIT: Better quality picture I guess: [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Su5b-KNBFkg/TjAtkmxnL7I/AAAAAAAAAIQ/lyd8zwL26tI/2011-07-27%25252011.21.12.jpg

Last edited:
2rXw

Moved speakers up to desk level...

Also, Dell were having a 25% sale here so I took the plunge on an ST2220T. Hoping to do something like this:
2rXF

If my keyboard won't fit either well... I might just use the monitor with Win7's OSK.

those stands look cool, what kind are they?

picked up one of the new 13" Macbook Airs this week... was a little nervous about Lion but so far so good, everything looks great

2ykxs90.jpg

How can you afford all this stuff? Mac is really overprized here...

A mac laptop is actually a huge bang for your buck. The hardware may be your standard hardware, but the quality of the machine, as well as the battery life, applecare, and the stability of mac os all for pretty much the same price as a similar specced machine is a really good deal.

Apple desktops are similar in the fact that you get all the before mentioned things, as well as an absolutely beautiful built in LCD is also a good deal. It's the higher end macs that start getting way over priced. But the low end iMacs and the macbook lines are not so overpriced.

A mac laptop is actually a huge bang for your buck. The hardware may be your standard hardware, but the quality of the machine, as well as the battery life, applecare, and the stability of mac os all for pretty much the same price as a similar specced machine is a really good deal.

Apple desktops are similar in the fact that you get all the before mentioned things, as well as an absolutely beautiful built in LCD is also a good deal. It's the higher end macs that start getting way over priced. But the low end iMacs and the macbook lines are not so overpriced.

Depends what you do and what software you need of course. For me, apple care has been nothing but a total headache. I was a few seconds from threatening to shove my iphone up someone's ass when they finally agreed to replace it for having a battery life of 5 hours. Idling. But apparently battery complaints aren't good enough for them to replace it. Nor is the phone not connecting to the network. But 10 dead pixels - that's a legit reason.

Frankly, I use mostly software on Windows - most of it is limited to Windows, only a few things have versions on Mac and Windows that I can use without making a second purchase, so the entry cost for a Mac, for me, is massive. And I would not want to use a macbook with Windows simply because I enjoy being able to right click easily...

the only reason apple software is so stable is becuase they make it for only one kind of computer, a mac. as with windows and android for example, there are so many computers/phones that use it that there can be compatibility problems

hey bud sorry to hear Mac stuff is expensive where you are =(

i'm here in Canada so it's not that bad, we're like the US's little brother to the north so prices are pretty fair hahaha... the 13" Macbook Air was around $1500CDN after tax

Mac hardware, the retail iMac, MBP and MBA is expensive by retail standards but PC goes WAY higher when you get to the good stuff. Macbooks are good but you can get better and even more expensive stuff in business machines and things like the Sony Z.

Polluting thread with mac vs pc stuff ugh.. I guess I'll kick in a bit hehe. I don't like mac's biz model but I do like their cinema display as it was the only current-gen high rez panel without over-aggressive AG coating. I don't regret it at all.. love the lush, gorgeous screen. However in general, apple has vanity pricing for the same pc components computer wise, and likes to keep their customers in a sandbox with portal-like tech models and locked out functionality... :p

Here is my dual NEC 30 inch setup:

Left is a NEC 3090 and right is a PA301W. The vertical monitor on the far right is a Lenovo L220X:

The desk is Ikea Galant with lots of room!

dsc00131mf.jpg

Why do apple people still spout this when it's 100% false.

$1700+ for a Macbook pro that doesn't have superior hardware, and since Wind 7 doesn't have superior software.....

Blah, whatever....I just can't stand when I see obvious brainwashing.

Ludic, aren't you pushing it running all that in your rig with a Corsair HX620? I was thinking I would need to move up to the Seasonic x750/760 to crossfire HD6870s in mine.

Here is my dual NEC 30 inch setup:

Left is a NEC 3090 and right is a PA301W. The vertical monitor on the far right is a Lenovo L220X:

What's your honest opinion on the L220X? I'd really like to get a 22" 1920x1200 monitor, but the Eizos are not enough bang for the buck.

What's your honest opinion on the L220X? I'd really like to get a 22" 1920x1200 monitor, but the Eizos are not enough bang for the buck.

The L220X is actually a very nice monitor in terms of response time and color quality. Its not a pro monitor like the NEC but can be calibrated properly using the X-rite Eye One. I think this monitor is discontinued already thou...

I have done every monitor configuration there is and my favorite is 3 U2410s in portrait mode...literally I have done EVERY configuration...see pics, lol

Current 3 U2410s in portrait
2011-02-10153526.jpg

2011-01-08092246.jpg

2010-11-24122332.jpg

Two 1080p projectors next to each other with three dell u2410s in landscape below
2010-10-02171012.jpg

Three 2007fps with the bezels stripped to the bone:
0306201012723.jpg

0306201012722.jpg

0306201012710.jpg

A 20"+30"+20" PLP setup (loved it but no eyefinity or surround support for different sized monitors...STILL!!)
112220098264.jpg

112220098260.jpg

112220098259.jpg

And then of course there was my descent into madness using two 1080p projectors with edge blending technology on a gigantic 12' curved projector screen that I had to invent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWm9PtzWvko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-LNm60np9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8f9zOF8XQ

You invented the Warpalizer Software?! Man it looks amazing. I would love to get two cheap Projectors to try it out.

I'm a rep for them, I guess you could say. I found their software when it was very beta and have been providing input to help them iron out the kinks. I invented the screen as there are not that many companies out there offering large affordable curved screens.

The setups not for everyone, but if your interested in info, message me so we don't thread jack!

JacobC1983, i am running EVEREST on the G19
Siryak, i have also a 3x22" on Eyefinity but the 40" is also a unique experience, i like the comparison of the Pruis & the monster truck LOL ^^

Back