Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Cut them, strip to get some bare wire and use heat shrink and the same type of wire to make longer?

5776869733_83bcf777f0_z.jpg

Got my new system this month....:)
*Acer TimelineX 4830tg*8gb DDR3 1066MHz *Core i5, 2410M, *GeForce GT 540M 2gb, *80gb ssd intel x-25 g2
*Griffin Elevator
*Nuforce uDac 2
*Dell u2711

2rXw

Moved speakers up to desk level...

Also, Dell were having a 25% sale here so I took the plunge on an ST2220T. Hoping to do something like this:
2rXF

If my keyboard won't fit either well... I might just use the monitor with Win7's OSK.

I also wanna know as well, what you're gonna use the touch monitor for?

Not quite sure yet. If I don't have space for it with my desktop I can use it as a docking monitor for my notebook which has the same native resolution on its screen.

New monitor arrived in today NEC MultiSync 2490WUXi2 with X-rite calibrator, using it on my hand-crafted standing desk

Having a large monitor makes me feel so masculine

whered you pick up the 2490? new or refurb? i desperately want a 2490wuxi first gen but cant find a new one anywhere. stickin with my 2090uxi's for now. i have to have the A-TW polarizer.

whered you pick up the 2490? new or refurb? i desperately want a 2490wuxi first gen but cant find a new one anywhere. stickin with my 2090uxi's for now. i have to have the A-TW polarizer.

BH - They were selling it with the X-rite calibration kit, thought about tracking down one with an A-TW polarizer, but wasn't ever able to find one and from reading about it didn't sound like anything I would greatly benefit from as an amateur photographer. Just bought this for calibration capability and manufacture warranty of 4 years.

37" LG lcd tv hooked up to an obutto cockpit. loving my gaming rig right now...

obutto_g27low.jpg

WOW LUCKY YOU!!!!!! :O
NOW THAT is what I call sweet... Yeah, I've seen better, but that is also pretty bad ass, enjoy! :D

I'm thinking of buying Logitech Driving Force GT as soon as I can.. ^^

Anyone have a setup with a Logitech Driving Force GT? Would love to see. =D

How do you like the obutto rig?

Would it make for a good desk/workstation replacement?

Looks like you could sit at that thing for hours.

WOW LUCKY YOU!!!!!! :O
NOW THAT is what I call sweet... Yeah, I've seen better, but that is also pretty bad ass, enjoy! :D

I'm thinking of buying Logitech Driving Force GT as soon as I can.. ^^

Anyone have a setup with a Logitech Driving Force GT? Would love to see. =D

thanks!

im sure a driving force gt would work fine. i had an original logitech momo before the g27 and it worked with the obutto cockpit without issue.

Wow that makes me want to setup a racing specific rig. alas, no space or money.

i also had to take space constraints into consideration before purchasing because the corner of my living room was the only place it could fit in my rental. it's about 6 feet from front to back and little under 4 feet wide. total cost for the cockpit/acrylic table was just over $600. i had to pay sales tax unfortunately... :(

here is a video of me using it and it also shows the footprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqRXwAH260&hd=1

How do you like the obutto rig?

Would it make for a good desk/workstation replacement?

Looks like you could sit at that thing for hours.

i fucking love it. i wish they had something like this years ago. its the best experience ive ever had gaming. im sure it would be even sweeter with an eyefinity setup.

i bought it as a desk replacement and it works good enough for me. im able to put shit on the acrylic tabletop such as drinks, etc. im also able to use it to write shit down if i need to or work on bills. im able to keep the wheel attached at all times and it doesn't get in the way.

it is very comfortable. ive been able to do 8+ hour gaming sessions and i don't feel tired at all afterwards. its nice to be able to lean the seat all the way back flat and stretch without having to get up. :D

my new asus 120Hz display came in today. I knew that coming from a u2311h I'd kill myself over the colors so I went glossy hoping it would be slightly more bearable (and it is). Still using the u2311h for everything except gaming but 120Hz is pretty amazing.

ups guy trolling me...I opened the door to see if my shit was there yet and I walked into this

changing out wall mounts and whatnot

final product

busdriver, nice setup and RC car stuff.

Where did you get that white plastic with holes for hanging things? It looks very convenient!

2rXF

If my keyboard won't fit either well... I might just use the monitor with Win7's OSK.

I've thought about getting a touchscreen monitor, might consider it more when Windows 8 is released but tablets serve the purpose perhaps even better:

100_0393%20(Medium).jpg

I might put the HP Slate under the middle monitor when I get a stand and raise the hieght of the monitors.

AlecMoody, you sir... are [H]ardcore and I look forward to your future exploits.

Last edited:
I'd love to have triple vertical monitors, but it's not in the budget right now. I tried selling the computer tv but unless I wanted to get raped on the money side it wasn't worth it :/

lcd#1

lcd#2

I really like wingless's desk (and all the qck mousepads :D) but I think those speakers are way too high - you could try angling them down.

^ love the chair......what's it from?

Its from an 86 porsche 944. It's in sort of rough shape now after sitting in it in jeans while I work every day for a year. The seat is really well built (recaro) and manages to stay comfortable after a long day.

The framing material is 8020 aluminum- it's pretty much idiot proof and you could very easily build this stand to bolt to a desk instead of the seat frame.

I wanted to do something similar. Tell me how it pans out.

The ST2220T seems to try to conform to the same [higher] dot pitch as the other monitors hooked up to my 6970 (the 30 inchers); ergo the touch function becomes more off position the further one ventures from the center of the screen:

2BXa

I'm not sure why it does this but it seems to be a technical glitch that cannot be resolved at this stage as far as my knowledge goes.

I've therefore utilized the screen for my notebook that's panel has the same native resolution as this monitor.

If anyone has any bright ideas feel free to chip in.

This is my current setup. My nice PC in front of my boyfriend's iMac - we like to work together. Sadly, my 42" Samsung TV decided to die a few days ago, and I'm now waiting on Dell to deliver my new ST2220T (which I got for a wonderful %30 less thanks to a discount coupon posted in a thread by another Hardforum user, to whom I'm veeery thankful :) ), which should be home by Friday. I will re-post once my setup is updated and upgraded to a lovely e-IPS touchscreen display!! :D

Here is my desk at work (sorry cellphone pic), I hope to at some point get some dual monitor going on here, it would really help my job! Honest, haha. What size widescreen monitor would match this 17 inch Dell in height pretty well?

Also figured I'd post my desktop as I forgot to minimize things, haha.

I'll have to do my desk at home later, for obvious reasons :p

desk.jpg

wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:
yowen, it looks like our work desks are pretty similar:
deskyj.jpg

i'll have to take a better picture another time but i've got the same green upper cabinet things and lights underneath

Back