Hi. Wanted to show my "setup".
This is my old one: (Click for larger)

New Setup.

Yes. i know i need alot better cable management. :p

Last edited:
3 x NEC 2090UXi

img2012d.jpg

One of these babies is for sale, check the FS forums

I have a 19"(P) - 27" (L) - 19"(P) setup going now.. but I've been thinking about modifying my desk or putting a home-made pillar-stand in front of it with my old fw900 inside the pillar, below my main monitor, facing upward toward my eyes. It would be directly underneath the 27" (the 27" is going on an ergotron arm), but partway beneath the desk's surface plane. The fw900 can do 2304x1440 85hz, which would work well with the 1440 height of all of the other monitors as far as moving content between screens.
.. Just an idea. It might actually require building a whole new desk the more I think about it. I have several other projects ahead of me already but thats the way I am. As I get one thing or another done that relates to my setup I'll post pics, whenever that is.

My problem is that my computer must fit inside my cabinet, so I can only have these three little monitors. The Dell 30" (2560x1600) and two 20" Acers (1920x1080) give me a nice resolution of 4720x1600. I run Ubuntu on it mainly, but occasionally use it on Windows. Now it I could only figure out how to replace the two Acers with two more Dells.....

desktopbg.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/desktopbg.jpg

heh... i telecommute a lot for work, that's just the room i work in

i have a very minimalist taste in interior design which is maybe why some people are saying it's sterile... that's just my taste, i like my rooms simple and clean =)

You need to paint the back of that one desk you turned around. :)

The new desk I just built and awesome cable tying,
~snip~

I can't tell which tracking device you are using for your TrackIR, but if you are using the TrackClip PRO you should place your TrackIR on the left side of your center display. Natural Point recommends it and I must agree that it works quite well. But that is only if you are using the TrackClip PRO and not the regular sensor that goes on a hat. ;)

Just upgraded to a U3011. Replaced two Acer 22" I had with two used 2007WFP (also IPS... the Acers were TN panels and looked like crap in portrait).

I got a sweet 400$ OFF deal on the U3011 sale in Canada, and paid 350$ for both 2007WFP (20" IPS monitors) used in MINT condition.

Coming from dual 22" to this, it's fucking heaven on Earth. My Eye One Display 2 PRO has just arrived in the mail, so will be calibrating all three.

IMGP4238.jpg

And the new rig that goes with it, built in December. Just recently upgraded to a 6970, waiting on the EK block and then rig should be fully complete.

sp-fin6.jpg

PS. Model is Candice Swanepoel, Victoria Secret angel since last year. Had to make the wallpaper myself from hi-res pictures as I couldn't find any decent one online at my resolution of 2500x1600.

It wasn't a coupon, it was just on sale with an instant saving. 350$ OFF in the first 2 weeks of April. I pricematched at another retailer who ships from another Canadian Province (so I could save 8.5% tax) and it worked... so all in all, payed about 1297$US for my U3011, tx and s/h included. Amazing deal for sure.

I hear the Dell Outlet has U3011 for 899$ when they show up... Dell Canada doesn't have an Outlet, so maybe look there?

Just upgraded to a U3011. Replaced two Acer 22" I had with two used 2007WFP (also IPS... the Acers were TN panels and looked like crap in portrait). SNIPPED

Why do your 2007fp's not line up correctly with your 3011? Mine line up near perfect (although I have 3007's)

Why do your 2007fp's not line up correctly with your 3011? Mine line up near perfect (although I have 3007's)

Because mine are 2007WFP, not 2007FP.

I will eventually move on to triple U3011 when the desk space allows it, and the 2007WFP will go somewhere else and will no longer be used in portrait.

I can't stand non widescreen monitors in landscape mode.

Because mine are 2007WFP, not 2007FP.

I will eventually move on to triple U3011 when the desk space allows it, and the 2007WFP will go somewhere else and will no longer be used in portrait.

I can't stand non widescreen monitors in landscape mode.

Curses, every time I see 2007wfp my mind ignores the w. cheers though. 3 x 30" is amazing.

I think another advantage of the 2007WFP is that, unless I am mistaken (which I could be), you are guaranteed a IPS panel. I believe the 2007FP model has both S-PVA and S-IPS panels.

I'm sure triple 30" is intense, but I will need a second 6970 for that, which means another EK block as well, a new PSU (I'm currently at the limits of my 850W, and if I am going to upgrade, I might as well get the Corsair 1200W... which means re-sleeving another PSU entirely... don't have the time now).

All-in-all, I'm looking at another 3500$ to add two additional U3011, a new 6970 and PSU.

It can wait :D

And the new rig that goes with it, built in December. Just recently upgraded to a 6970, waiting on the EK block and then rig should be fully complete.

sp-fin6.jpg

cheers I've got a load of semen to clean off my keyboard now :eek: :D

Nice rig man....congrats :)

Thanks a lot!

On the other hand, been trying to calibrate my U3011 and I think I might have a faulty panel... when calibrating brightness and contrast, the plunge pattern on the ChromaPure DVD for blacks does not chance at all, even going from 0 to 100%. The difference is BARELY noticeable.

I am in custom color mode. Anyone know what's up?

I'm in on 27" 2560x1440 PLP, but I agree about triple high rez ips. Its a lot of cash - an additional ~ $2k in my case if I wanted two more of the same monitor. And like you said, gpu costs (I got a 6990 at the same time as my single 27" ips). Plus I have to consider 27" 120hz TNs for eyefinity gaming option vs three 60hz ips if I ever look at blowing money on a three big LLL monitor config... like I said in the eyefinity thread...

<paste>

I probably won't look at eyefinity gaming options again until the end of 2011 / tax return personally. I have a PLP setup for now, and gaming on the 27" single monitor at 2560x1440 is good enough (and expensive enough) to carry me through this year - with a cpu+mobo+ram upgrade planned around xmas.

Early 2012 I'll see what the 27" 120hz ips market looks like. Adding two more 27" 60hz ips cinema displays might cost as much as three 27" 120hz more or less , so those might be my two options. Hopefully there will be some competition and in-depth reviews by then on the 120hz,screens and maybe a slight price drop on either option if I'm lucky.

For now eyefinity looks like great fun in the videos I've watched (stills do it no justice). I still might blow money on it, I just have priorities and a different game plan for this year. <-- pun intended

A plus with either monitor combo (three 27" ips vs 27" ips + three 27" 120hz) is that either way they would all be the same size, if not the same resolution. That option a year from now may seem like a long way off but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead :D

Is 60hz really going to be noticeable to the naked eye when gaming compared to 120hz? Highly doubt that.

It most definitely will be, especially the feel of 120hz when turning your mouse in-game compared to a traditional 60Hz monitor.

All the 3 LCD setup are nice.

Can I ask, how many graphic card is needed to get 3 LCD setup ? I would assume 2 of the same brand is that correct?

I would love to find out what some of the videocard everyone is using for the 3 LCD setup.

All the 3 LCD setup are nice.

Can I ask, how many graphic card is needed to get 3 LCD setup ? I would assume 2 of the same brand is that correct?

I would love to find out what some of the videocard everyone is using for the 3 LCD setup.

You can run three monitors off of one 5000 or later AMD card, provided that one of your monitors connects through displayport. You need two Nvidia cards to drive three monitors.

You can run three monitors off of one 5000 or later AMD card, provided that one of your monitors connects through displayport. You need two Nvidia cards to drive three monitors.

You can also use a ACTIVE DVI adapter or VGA adapter.

It looks familiar because it's an MMO that has a UI very similar to many other MMOs (WoW, Lineage 2, City of Heroes, etc.).

It might be City of Heroes based on the setting.

206225_10150567449320160_848725159_18305327_3287213_n.jpg

208072_10150567449340160_848725159_18305328_3985518_n.jpg

Nothing too crazy here. I do have Ikea Dioder LED strips on the back of my displays for some ambient lighting.

Just upgraded to a U3011. Replaced two Acer 22" I had with two used 2007WFP (also IPS... the Acers were TN panels and looked like crap in portrait).

I got a sweet 400$ OFF deal on the U3011 sale in Canada, and paid 350$ for both 2007WFP (20" IPS monitors) used in MINT condition.

Coming from dual 22" to this, it's fucking heaven on Earth. My Eye One Display 2 PRO has just arrived in the mail, so will be calibrating all three.

IMGP4238.jpg

sp-fin6.jpg

PS. Model is Candice Swanepoel, Victoria Secret angel since last year. Had to make the wallpaper myself from hi-res pictures as I couldn't find any decent one online at my resolution of 2500x1600.

I like your style! That is a sweet all around; Monitors, computer and the lovely lady!

ive read his thread for a while, and i thought i'd post my setup
i got my screens yesterday
they are 23" Acer V233LHBD's
i'm still working out the triple screen thing (ive tried eyefinity)

i have a lot of general crap on my desk

Back