Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I paid 184 each and free shipping. You might be able to find better deals but it was worth it to me for the worry free factor of getting what I wanted.

yesterday March 25th was the launch day for iPad2 here in Canada so thought i'd post a small update

244o5tv.jpg

What's that picture on the left?

My first post! Thought I should contribute after lurking around this thread for so long.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

Lots of space for an eyefinity setup ;)
Looking forward to that in the coming fall when BF3 comes out :D

I have the same ikea table, the one with the monitors on it lol. Awesome table for like $40 or whatever it was lol.

yesterday March 25th was the launch day for iPad2 here in Canada so thought i'd post a small update

244o5tv.jpg

I like the chair, maybe I should swap out my leather chair for a full on recliner, I spend so many hours sitting in front of my computer.

I like the chair, maybe I should swap out my leather chair for a full on recliner, I spend so many hours sitting in front of my computer.
heh yup, some people always msg me wondering wtf i have a recliner as a computer chair but... if you actually give it a try, you'll never go back to a normal rolling chair, it's just so comfortable... because i watch a lot of kdramas and stuff, i sometimes sit in that chair for hrs without getting up <3

DSC00825.jpg

Just a heads up for anyone looking to do the 20/30/20 setup. I got my 20's from this vendor on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...81823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3757wt_1078

They were very easy to deal with and they actually knew the product(rare I know). They gave me a discount for buying two and made sure they grabbed the IPS panels for me. I have no affiliation with them but I highly recommend them. I got a pair of IPS panels, they look brand new, no "burn in", excellent communication. and they know what they are looking for when it comes to the different panels. I'm just a happy customer
their prices are high! I paid 123 shipped for each of my panels, they are all ips as well.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
heh yup, some people always msg me wondering wtf i have a recliner as a computer chair but... if you actually give it a try, you'll never go back to a normal rolling chair, it's just so comfortable... because i watch a lot of kdramas and stuff, i sometimes sit in that chair for hrs without getting up <3

No worries. I use a rocking chair as my desk chair.

Ok, finally got around to removing the shells to my asus 25.5" monitors. I used to have to position the left and right monitors behind the front to allow for less bezel intrusion.

I'm rather pleased with the improvements in spacing between lcds. Hope this helps those on the fence about tackling something like this....u can literally put them (shells) back on in less than 30 seconds.
img0287tg.jpg

img0295f.jpg

some close ups (crappy I know) of bezels...
In the pics above, there's a thin layer of tape (removable) on the top of the monitors (extending almost to each corner for protection underneath shells). I'm just too lazy to remove them now. The bezels are otherwise clean and look meant to be this way...in an imac sort of way.
img0308us.jpg
img0306sj.jpg

Last edited:
I'd paint the bezels black myself.. and/or get a pack of magic markers + cue cards to edge with ;)

I'd paint the bezels black myself.. and/or get a pack of magic markers + cue cards to edge with ;)

Nah, it's practical for my uses as is. Black or gray was never a deal breaker for me in the first place.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/ZanzaHiro01/DSC0
825.jpg

i don't mind the chair...it's almost too comfortable in that I'm always falling asleep as it is. Put me in one of those and I won't be able finish a round of gaming :)

So here is my current setup:
Fujitsu T4310 Tablet,Left Dell 2209wa,middle HG281D,right Dell 2209wa,far right Sony vai SR-490,top screen Dell 2209wa

The screens are all on articulating arms that is why they aren't 100% matched up since I move them occasionally depending on what I am doing.

Now I was running the dells in eyefinity but I find PLP is much more useful for getting work done while eyefinity was useful for getting gaming done.;)

Oh and I haven't had proper time to deal with the wires but i figured I would leave them so some people would have OCD attacks. :D

100_0227.jpg

Tomorrow I get my Active Displayport Adapter!
All I need now is to replace the ViewSonic on the left with a third Dell 23". Hehe...

almosteyefinity.jpg

Got a 3rd 3007WFP-HC. Waiting for my Sandy build to complete to drive all 3, will update later :D

I use a recliner too. :cool:

DSC00825.jpg

Have tried, completely disagree. Terrible ergonomics, very painful on the wrist.

Aren't you the guy that had those same ASUS monitors by a counter top under some cabinet doors??

The bezel you have now, nice and thin . . Is that just what's under the normal plastic bezel??

Ok, finally got around to removing the shells to my asus 25.5" monitors. I used to have to position the left and right monitors behind the front to allow for less bezel intrusion.

I'm rather pleased with the improvements in spacing between lcds. Hope this helps those on the fence about tackling something like this....u can literally put them (shells) back on in less than 30 seconds.
img0287tg.jpg

img0295f.jpg

In the pics above, there's a thin layer of tape (removable) on the top of the monitors (extending almost to each corner for protection underneath shells). I'm just too lazy to remove them now. The bezels are otherwise clean and look meant to be this way...in an imac sort of way.
img0308us.jpg
img0306sj.jpg

Have tried, completely disagree. Terrible ergonomics, very painful on the wrist.
ah ic ic... maybe i am just doing it differently but i use my Apple mouse on the fat wide armrest and it is very very comfortable... i don't get any wrist strain even after hrs of use

*SNIP*

*SNIP*

Are those VW266H's? If so, how easy was it to remove the bezel and what would you guess you gain in space?

Waiting for new Hazro HZ30Wi to be delivered (cost covered by contents insurance).

Meanwhile, nicked the stand off the broken one for my U3011 so I can max out the height of these beasts. At least some good came out of it then.

1nEv

since we have a new 30x3 user, I think it may be time to start a show your 30x3 thread =P

If you're going to do it, do it before I have to go to Uni and my setup becomes LPP or something else retarded due to space limitations. xD

I would do that, but I love changing my setup too much. Permanent cable management via ties would just be a nightmare with all said and done.

It's not like anyone except for me ever spends time here anyway.

eyefinity_desktop_picture.jpg

WOOT WOOT!!! Got my DP adapter in today. Working like a charm. Playing some Dirt 2... SUPER SICK.

Next up, BC2 and COD4... gotta get those working, and then i'm set. hehe...

Waiting for new Hazro HZ30Wi to be delivered (cost covered by contents insurance).

Meanwhile, nicked the stand off the broken one for my U3011 so I can max out the height of these beasts. At least some good came out of it then.

Very nice setup. What kind of calibration hardware/software are you using? Interested to know because when I receive my NEC 2090UXi's I want to calibrate them.

He has the right idea. Going with a folding chair is how you afford that extra 30" you've always wanted.

I guess you decided to throw your desk and chair budget in on an extra 580gtx?

LOL...and my car is a bicycle...had to have those GPUs

actually, we're in a rental house, so our furniture is in storage. As such, costco wins.
I don't mind saving ducats..You'll notice I'm also using an Apple magic trackpad...wife decided she didn't care for it for her imac, so I did the driver hack for win7

rob

Last edited:
Back