Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here is mine so far. The 22 is going bye bye to become a guest bedroom screen. And I am going to be buying a bigger and nicer desk and 2 more Asus IPS LCDs very soon.

Asus VH226 22"TN and Asus PA246Q 24"IPS
DualScreen.jpg

I've spent the last week or so browsing this whole thread for some inspiration - very, very nice setups here.
Below is my current "Laboratory" (home office). I've tried to sum up all the pictures in 2 combos.
It's more than enough for my needs. Specs are listed below the pics. The last one is the 'earthquake insurance'.

Specs:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2,66GHz
- MB: ABIT IP-35
- RAM: A-Data 2x1GB + Elixir 1x2GB DDR2; @ 800MHz
- GPU: Leadtek WinFast PX 8800 GTS, 640MB
- Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic + M-Audio AV-30 Monitors
- Input: Razer Lycosa Keyboard + Razer Lachesis Mouse, 4.000 dpi

- Storage:
> 2 x Seagate 320GB HDD - RAID 0 (striped)
> 1 x Seagate 320GB HDD
> 1 x Seagate FreeAgent 500GB Ext USB
> ASUS DVD-RW 1814BLT
> LG DVD-RW GSA-H50L
> Sony FDD
> Iomega ZIP 100MB USB
> Sony Memory Card Reader

- Networking:
> Realtek RTL8139 LAN
> Acer Surf Modem 56K
> Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Router
> Nway 8-port Switch 10/100 Mbps
> Logitech QuickCAM Communicate STX
> HP LaserJet 4000N, LAN printer
> HP OfficeJet Pro L7480 MF + Edimax 1206 PS1206U Print Server + USB 2in1 Switch
> Addonics NAS2USB Adapter
> trendNET TBW-104UB Bluetooth

- Displays:
> Samsung SyncMaster 245B Plus, 24"
> Samsung SyncMaster 205BW, 20"
> Sony Bravia KDL-26P3000, 26"
> Samsung Photoframe

- Other:
> Sony RDR-GX350 DVD Recorder
> Panasonic NV-SJ207 VCR
> SNES
> Jackson DKMG Guitar w/ DiMarzio Evolution + BOSS GT8
> ASUS A636N PDA
> Handspring Visor Deluxe PDA

- MacBook Pro 15" (late 2007), Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT, 160GB HDD
- Toshiba Portege A600-133 12.1", Intel Core 2 Duo ULV @ 1,2GHz, 2 GB RAM, Intel GMA 4500MHD, 250GB HDD

Last edited:
If anyone has LED backlit TN's or IPS .. have you noticed any problems with text with the brightness turned down? There is a thread I've been reading about it enducing headaches here.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1528230

With so many monitor setups here I figured some people must have LED backlit ones. If you can please post your take on it - whether you've noticed or heard about it, or not. :confused:

another joining the PLP 20/30/20 club
IMG_1564.jpg

after I move my server to the same side of the office I'll get another photos with the usual laptop, workstation, server setup.

^
looks very nice indeed :)

Personally I'd rotate your right hand monitor 180degrees so the dell badge is on the outer edge leaving the centre bezels nice and plain.

Last edited:
^
looks very nice indeed :)

Personally I'd rotate your right hand monitor 180degrees so the dell badge is on the outer edge leaving the centre bezel nice and plain.

I took a quick look at doing that and it looks like I'd need to drill out a small locating hole on the stand then flip the rotating mount. Is that how its done or am I missing something else?

**PIC**

after I move my server to the same side of the office I'll get another photos with the usual laptop, workstation, server setup.

Yup, I think it's settled. This is my next setup. Very sexy.

what the hell is a Game Truck and where can i buy one? :p

You can check it out at gametruckparty.com

In a nutshell, we're a mobile video game service... We do basically any kind of party; Birthdays, Bachelor Parties, etc... I thought it was a really cool idea, 35-foot trailer with 4 50" Panasonic Viera TVs, with an Xbox 360 and Wii on each one, plus one PS3. Total of about 40 games and the Xboxes are all on a LAN.

You can check it out at gametruckparty.com

In a nutshell, we're a mobile video game service... We do basically any kind of party; Birthdays, Bachelor Parties, etc... I thought it was a really cool idea, 35-foot trailer with 4 50" Panasonic Viera TVs, with an Xbox 360 and Wii on each one, plus one PS3. Total of about 40 games and the Xboxes are all on a LAN.

that's a fantastic idea. never heard of this before but it turns out there's one that services my city.

Using the crappy built in desk at my apartment...I really need to go to Ikea and nab a proper desk.

main.php

Full size
main.php

Full size

Not sure where to put the second monitor...no way to use my LCD arm on this desk sadly.

I took a quick look at doing that and it looks like I'd need to drill out a small locating hole on the stand then flip the rotating mount. Is that how its done or am I missing something else?

It's actually really easy.

Just pull the monitor off the stand, first. Next, unscrew the 4(?) screws holding the metal mounting plate to the stand. Then screw it back on, but upside-down.

Voila! Done.

IMG_1564.jpg

Awesome :cool: I think that size of monitors is the best. I am not happy with my Triple 27" Dell 2709W's, it is way too wide. Best is having a huge display in the center, flanked by two smaller sides.

Can you game across all three ? WoW ? I think SoftTH is the only thing that works for that ? I am confused how that actually works ? One main card to power the 30" monitor, and a lowe end card to handle the two 20" monitors ? Can they be ATI or only nVidia ? And where does the smaller card go in the motherboard ? The 2nd PCIeXperess slot, or a old school PCI slot ?

I have my 5850 powering all 3. I haven't messed with softth yet as gaming on all 3 isn't really a concern of mine.

...I hooked up a single 19" alongside a 28" hannspree and it lined up well.. now I swapped a 27" cinema display in place of the hannspree, and the 19" is a bit oversized. I split the difference but its like 1/2" off top and bottom heh. At least they are the same vertical rez of 1440, which was the main idea. The side panels will look a little longer but I can live with it. They are for chat, email, filebrowser and such.. and web browsing while gaming etc, so for the most part the apps running on them will be on their own "island" anyway - though they would still be useful for fullscreen graphics apps like photoshop, dreamweaver, 3d apps,etc.
.. I can't stand aggressive ag (just my preference, not trying to argue it), and I'm very happy with the 27" ACD's display so no regrets so far.
.. In the long run, I was thinking of buying 27" 120hz TN's one at a time as I could afford until I get three for eyefinity. The other option would be three 27" acd's but that adds up to being much more expensive if I include the one I just bought's cost.. Otherwise, the 27" 120hz TN's are prob coming out at $600 or so ~ $1800 - $2000... two more ACD's = $2000 so idk. Either way they would all be 27" and match nicely at my desk... The pics of three 30" make me want to break the bank and get two more ACD's but I can't afford that.. just upgraded gpus... yr end prob a cpu+mobo+ram upgrade... next year I'll look at monitors again and decide what the next piece of the puzzle will be. :cool:
.. I'll try to get a picture posted here once I set up the other 19" on the other side of the 27".

Joining the PLP front

Lights on ( need to paint the bezels on those 2007FPs )
plplightson3.jpg

Lights off
plplightsoff3.jpg

Last edited:
Joining the PLP front

Lights on ( need to paint the bezels on those 2007FPs )
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5008/plplightson3.jpg[MG]

Lights off
[IMG]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5573/plplightsoff3.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Is that IRC on the left monitor? If so, how did you do that?

xchat is sortof like mirc and supports transparency layers. I forget if irc can do that or not. Causes a performance hit on weaker pc's though, as does aero similarly. I tried the tranparency but I prefer having a solid background personally. Its much easier to read. I do make my background grey however instead of white as I find it easier on the eyes.

5261-s-t-a-l-k-e-r--albums-s-t-l-k-e-r-s-computer-picture8645-new-setup.jpg

Ignore the dust on the chair. I also don't have a lot of room, I am backed up against a wall and There isn't much room to do anything let alone have this setup but I somehow manage it

very nice! awesome wallpaper. looks good on that setup. what's your config? do you game across all 4? do you game on the 30 only? or, do you game on the 3 20s?

very nice! awesome wallpaper. looks good on that setup. what's your config? do you game across all 4? do you game on the 30 only? or, do you game on the 3 20s?
I can switch between eyefinity on the right three monitors (3600x1600 non bezel corrected) or I can game on the single 30inch.

wow, the beauty of choice!

BTW, could you link to the wallpaper? My niece saw it and now wants me to put it one my desktop.

Last edited:
Back