Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Just FYI, in case you had not noticed, there should be a hole in the back of the monitor stand for you to route the cables through instead of having them hanging down visibly below the panel like a limp noodle. :3

Watch out, it's a slippery slope! Next is electrical tape, then twist ties, then cable management add ons, then a custom desk! And heaven forbid... the ultimate, most drastic "cable OCD" step, iMac ownership! OH THE HORROR!!! :D

Watch out, it's a slippery slope! Next is electrical tape, then twist ties, then cable management add ons, then a custom desk! And heaven forbid... the ultimate, most drastic "cable OCD" step, iMac ownership! OH THE HORROR!!! :D

lol....

Is that the "I don't think you realise how rich he is, in fact i should put on a monocle" episode? Love that one.

My home-built triple monitor frame in it's temporary home...
mount15.jpg

mount13.jpg

Here's my write-up on it's construction. I'll be adding a 4th screen soon as well as a thick aluminum base to replace the temporary wooden one soon...

I just got a Dell U2410 and so far I'm loving it. It kind of makes my trusty 2005fpw look like crap in comparison and I'm thinking about getting a 2nd. You know, just to balance things out :p

newMonitor.jpg

You can see my year old 12TB zfs server sticking its head out on the left, I've been meaning to take pics of it for the storage forum too.

Please ignore the bits of dust and rats nest of cable that are visible :)

Nice 50 f/1.8

Upgrade cycle complete.
Dell U3011 with 2 Hazro HZ30Wi on the sides. [3*30"]

12bz

Obligatory smug photo:
12by

My rig is so LOL to most gamers due to the GPUs in my rig these days, but for now it does the job for me. When I do finally upgrade I'll most likely be going for a single eyefinity 6 card. Not for the gaming aspect mind, but for the output.

I'm glad I decided to try out with a U3011 first, it suits my single screen gaming as its response time in practice is a lot more tolerable than the Hazro monitors. The Hazro monitors are there to give me space and consistent dot pitch between multiple monitors. I would have gotten 3007WFP-HCs or something like that, but it's more risky to buy used here, since larger monitors are a lot less popular than in the US thus used monitors hold most of their original retail value.

@Rokodo Excellent mate. The question I have for you now, do you actually use all that space? (For Desktop work I use about 63% of my desktop)

Yes, because I usually have one screen dedicated to video/music and another to IRC.
Not to bash on how you use your computer, because you can do whatever you want with it. But a full 2560 x 1600 for just irc, and then we'll then again for music and video is a huge waste. Just my opinion.

The whole point is a) I don't like being cramped and b) having to use alternative solutions like surround.

you just said you was going eyefinity lol that needs money to upgrade
surround vision is nvidia version you have cards to do it i hear no complaints about it were as eyefinity i hear lots of
when you have to use third party hardware to make it ethern work i class eyefinity as the weaker way to go
more os when you think about it you have to get the gpu and then the dvi adapter were now you get one large screen with the hardware you have no brainer

No, I said I would be getting an Eyefinity 6 card for the number of outputs, not for Eyefnity itself. And, surround requires you use exactly the same model for all monitors.

12fJ

ok how many outputs for eyefinity ? lets see if you have ethern looked into any of this
the way i see it is with 2 260gtx you have 4 dvi outputs not counting the the other ones the cards have
i seem to recal the 6 series cards only have 3 outputs

5870 Eyefinity 6 edition does 6 outputs up to 2560 x 1600 per monitor, for example.

Just need to get mini dp to DVI adapters for the Hazros.

Please do your research properly before picking away at people.

well bummer on the hardware you have now but i think you find you need more the one card for that many outputs
oh now i see not the 6 series

well bummer on the hardware you have now but i think you find you need more the one card for that many outputs
oh now i see not the 6 series

Also the 6 series can do up to 4 outputs without the unreleased MST Hubs. With those hubs it's a lot more outputs.

5870 Eyefinity 6 edition does 6 outputs up to 2560 x 1600 per monitor, for example.

Just need to get mini dp to DVI adapters for the Hazros.

Please do your research properly before picking away at people.
BTW, if you do want to game on those, the 5870 Eyefinity 6 will do admirably at 7680x1600. You just got to cut some settings down.

so who wants to create the 3x30 thread? haha...I'm still waiting on my gpu's to get here so no pics for another couple of weeks

so who wants to create the 3x30 thread? haha...I'm still waiting on my gpu's to get here so no pics for another couple of weeks

I wouldn't be against it, it's just that there needs to be more users cool like us.

Also, No new picts til my stairs in my house gets fixed. I fell down the stairs and broke a stair, so they are replacing it and sealing it. The seal take 2 -3 days to setup. So Right now I'm using an LP setup. [3007wfp][2007fp] = [ _ ][ ]
This is when I wish i had one more 2007fp, not that this "desk" can fit another.

Video card finally came, so here's 3 monitors actually turned on.

Waiting for DP cable so I can do eyefinity games and turn on the 26"

img6897.jpg

Ya, these three screen setups look amazing. I don't know how I'll position it in my comp area, but I'm going to try as soon as I have the cash, and this thread is to blame.

Back