• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Forget what the site says. Stretch an image or a colorful web page across the screens and play with the RGB values to get better parity.

I don't see any tint in those pictures, but a difference in brightness and saturation. The 22" IPS monitors just aren't very bright in my experience - have both the Dell and the HP ones. That didn't matter, though, as for games I played on the 30" alone and for desktop I used a utility to dim monitor brightness so I didn't burn my eyes out seeing whites.
 
no worries, I've had both and blacks do look a lot better on my PVA panels but colors seem more rich on my IPS, so pick your poison =D

after experiencing TN, IPS, and PVA panels...TN panels are kinda rough to look at...but I believe newer TN panels are better than they were several years ago, @ least this is from what I have read and not personally experienced

This is indeed the case. Even though it's a TN panel, I freaking LOVE the Asus display in my sig. Decent viewing angles, good color, and absolutely zero ghosting. Good TN panels are out there, you just have to do a little research first.
 
Your desktop background looks amazing! Did you take the pic yourself or is it an available wallpaper?
 
That 2x30" desk looks too close for my taste. I had to move my 28.5" lcd back to almost 3.5' away (screen to my eyes) because I had to turn my gaze up to the corners so much. I still have to somewhat but its not as bad. Its not good to have a large monitor that close (imo) for reading, or even games with a lot of text windows (WoW, etc). If you are just going to have the four 'corner zones' for periphery in a game without a lot of text , it wouldn't matter, and might even add to immersion slightly (like a mini eyefinity/surround peripheral effect). I often keep a lot of text windows open , so I'm actually reading things all around my monitor, not just the center or side half-'lanes', and when I play WoW I have a lot of readouts and chat windows at different places on my screen.

If I do have to turn my head or pan my gaze very much, its usually to look at a side monitor. I used to have a 37" westinghouse as my main monitor years ago by the way. For me some monitors are too big to be *at* the desk proper. I like setups where people have larger displays on stands (I used to use a nice wood stained 'microwave table' with cabinet door on bottom that happened to be same height as my desk).. or pole-lcd-monitor mounts (chieftec, etc) a bit behind the desk/seating area, etc. Just my 2cents.

.. edit : congrats though two 30" is sweet. ;)
 
Last edited:
Thank guys :D For those who interested in the image just type "5120x1600 wallpapers" on google images and it's right there.
Regarding the size of these monitors elvn is right, they're just simple too big for my desk and since I sit really close to them make my neck hurts sometimes. I'm trying not to spend more than 2-3 hours continuously and take a break sometimes in between. I still love my 5-year-old desk so I don't think I'll give it up anytime soon. By the time I get the 3rd monitor I'll need a new desk but for now I can live with it. :D
 
Just did an upgrade to my eyefinity, jumped from 3xu2311 to 3xu2711, damn you dell and you awesome promo and wierd AU pricing. The 3 u2711's ran me just over $2200 (`$760 each) all up, wheras a single u3011 in AU is $1800, or $1600ish on promo, Go figure :rolleyes:.



Crysis 2 on my ruddy phone camera.

Thoughts: Other than realizing I need a new desk (getting a 2.1m x 2.1m corner monstrosity built as we speak, gonna future proof myself pretty good with that bad boy), they kick ass. So much better colour than the 2311, bigger, really high dot pitch, mega-immersive in eyefinity, even 16:9 because they're quite big I'm not really hankering for any more vertical resolution like I was with the 2311's.
 
This desk makes my U3011 look small. Still waiting for the cabinet unit, then I'm fully prepared for the 2 Hazro 30 inchers I've got on order. (Note - Site hates Opera.)

XVr
 
No excitement here, but I like a big, wide and spacious desk setup. Nothing beats a banquet table for a desk for me... nothing to keep me from stretching out my legs. Except the wall, of course. Also much more tolerant to moving than particle board type desks...

desktop.jpg


And that little screen just to the left of the lamp, now that I have a better camera...

dockstar.jpg


Seagate Dockstar hacked to run Debian with LCD4Linux driving an ST2205 based LCD Photo keychain. Still my most fav of all gadget hacks.
 
Here's a better pic. Ya different size screens make for some annoyances but I've gotten used to it.
2ahxlx5.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is that a 2409w or 2309w?

S2209W. 1920x1080, 21.5" version. TN, little weird on the grays (lighter the shade of gray, the more purple/blueish it becomes), but no ghosting and decent viewing angles. Sadly, they seem to have disappeared from the market. Decent monitor for the price. (Oh god do I love Matte displays. Fuck you glossy, fuck you right in your shiny ass.)
 
February2011x.JPG


Since the 22"+27"+22" experiment worked, I went ahead and bought two 23.6" LED LCDs to use instead of the two 22" IPS. When I move somewhere else in spring and get a longer (flat) desk, I'll try to add back my 22" IPS monitors in portrait mode on either side of my 30". The problem is that you can't run more than four monitors on AMD, even with two cards, without breaking CF mode.

If I pop in a separate Nvidia card, it works, but Windows can't remember the monitor position correctly, so it's just a hassle. Don't know if it would be any better using a separate AMD card.
 
Last edited:
Just did an upgrade to my eyefinity, jumped from 3xu2311 to 3xu2711, damn you dell and you awesome promo and wierd AU pricing. The 3 u2711's ran me just over $2200 (`$760 each) all up, wheras a single u3011 in AU is $1800, or $1600ish on promo, Go figure :rolleyes:.

*Snip*

Crysis 2 on my ruddy phone camera.

Thoughts: Other than realizing I need a new desk (getting a 2.1m x 2.1m corner monstrosity built as we speak, gonna future proof myself pretty good with that bad boy), they kick ass. So much better colour than the 2311, bigger, really high dot pitch, mega-immersive in eyefinity, even 16:9 because they're quite big I'm not really hankering for any more vertical resolution like I was with the 2311's.

Posting a pic of a leaked game you pirated? Dude ...not cool.. at all.
 
Last edited:
Can't wait to get my other 2 monitors so I can post mine. :)
I have 6 screens, but only 1 wall mount - so I will be using 4 for now.

2 x 23" C-PVA
1 x 23" e-IPS
1 x 25.5" TN (for TV, on the wall above my main screen. ^_^
 
...I got my 19" Asus 1440x900 LED panel yesterday. Eventually I want to get a 27" cinema display in landscape with a 19" on each side in portrait mode. I only bought one 19" at first to see if i like the model and to make sure i don't have any problems with it. I'm going to hook it up later today but the ergo arm i bought for it doesn't come until next monday so I'm going to have to use some books or something to ghetto-rig it for now.
...It lines up perfectly height wise in portrait mode next to my 28" hannspree which is 27.5" diagonal, so it should be a pretty close match on a 27" ACD, .5 diagonal is a little less vertical, and I can split the difference top and bottom. Its 16 and 1/8th(or under) inch tall in portrait mode, so if anyone has a 27" lcd (dell u2711, cinema display, etc.) and knows the exact viewable screen height let me know if you can thanks.
 
malware bytes blocked your site Rokodo :(

There isn't anything wrong with the site or the application. I know the developer of puush personally.

Monitor Update: Hazro confirmed that my 30 inchers should be here soon. Now, do I keep the Dell in the middle or on the right-hand side? Depends how good the quality of the Hazro panels are and how the monitor bezels line up against each other.

Since my room is quite long I'm thinking of keeping the Dell on the right and tilted to an angle so I can use it for video and be able to watch it from across the room if I want to. This seems to be the more practical solution right now.

I'm not a [H]ardcore gamer and this is not an Eyefinity setup I'm going for. Depending on the quality of the Hazro monitors which use the older of the 2 30" LG panels and have much fewer image adjustment options than the Dell, I may get another one and construct an array like so:

Top - Dell U3011 over middle Hazro HZ30Wi
Bottom - 3 x Hazro HZ30Wi

The appeal of this one is I can use the Dell as a gaming/multimedia screen when I wish whilst maintaining a 3 x 30" landscape layout for normal computing.

...otherwise I may get another Dell for a 2 x 2 array:

Top - 2 x Hazro HZ30Wi
Bottom - 2 x Dell U3011

It's amazing how much space/resolution one can become accustomed to and just want more and more.
 
@Rokodo I'd go with 3 on the bottom and one on top.
That's probably my next display move. Eventually I want to have a 5x1P setup, but I'm not sure if I should buy 2 more dell 3007wfp-hc's or 2 newer panels (so i can hook up consoles, tv, etc).
 
@Rokodo I'd go with 3 on the bottom and one on top.
That's probably my next display move. Eventually I want to have a 5x1P setup, but I'm not sure if I should buy 2 more dell 3007wfp-hc's or 2 newer panels (so i can hook up consoles, tv, etc).

Something tells me different monitors would annoy you for Eyefinity. Just keep buying the 3007s used, and with the money you save over getting a newer panel(s) buy yourself a nice 32" 1080p TV (and a tall VESA stand) for multimedia and mount it above the 5x1P setup, tilting down. :p

One reason I got a U3011 to start with was because I'll be going to Uni this year and I wanted to save space if I want to bring my xbox along with me. The older panels, as I have said, are hard to find in a good enough deal used and I thought that extra inputs might be useful anyway.

Part of the reason I've gone for the Hazro monitors now is I noticed that I didn't receive a premium panel warranty for my U3011 since I didn't purchase directly from Dell, which would have added 200 GBP to the price. :<
The U3011's enclosure and stand are also too flimsy for my taste. With the Hazro panels I get a rather manly black aluminium enclosure which will match my PC's case hahaha.

I don't regret my initial choice as the U3011 does have a better panel in it, an OSD and more inputs, I'm just not sure if I would buy another one now. We'll see how good the Hazro monitors are when they get here, but I've read some positive stuff about them on the web.
 
Last edited:
I just got a Dell U2410 and so far I'm loving it. It kind of makes my trusty 2005fpw look like crap in comparison and I'm thinking about getting a 2nd. You know, just to balance things out :p

newMonitor.jpg


You can see my year old 12TB zfs server sticking its head out on the left, I've been meaning to take pics of it for the storage forum too.

Please ignore the bits of dust and rats nest of cable that are visible :)
 
I just got a Dell U2410 and so far I'm loving it. It kind of makes my trusty 2005fpw look like crap in comparison and I'm thinking about getting a 2nd. You know, just to balance things out :p

Just FYI, in case you had not noticed, there should be a hole in the back of the monitor stand for you to route the cables through instead of having them hanging down visibly below the panel like a limp noodle. :3
 
Back
Top