Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Do you play games standing up?

They look very nice. Here's my revised setup (moved the top row down):

Results1.jpg

Brightness level is not odd like it appears here.

Do you play games standing up?

I take it you're not familiar with the concept of angling your monitors downward or angling your neck 10 degrees? Hell, I don't have to angle my neck at all but it feels more natural. Zero aches or pains. Don't even bother using my chair's headrest.

What's the point of 10-bit panels when the input is only 8-bit per channel? Aka 32-bit colour mode, 4 channels (RGBA).

Zarathustra[H];1036817228 said:
Just added a side monitor, a 2007FP.

Two Monitors? Ridiculous... by mattlach, on Flickr

Crappy pic. I was playing with automerge and HDR for the first time to expose the screen and the desk right at the same time, but the results are a little weird.

I like this setup. Now I need another 2007FP (must save money)

Did you buy that 2007FP new or used? If new, how much was it? Worth the price? The colors match up seamlessly?

I am considering a 2007FP to pair with my U3011, but they seem pretty expensive. Was wondering if you thought it was worth it.

Crappy pic. I was playing with automerge and HDR for the first time to expose the screen and the desk right at the same time, but the results are a little weird.

how do you like those logitech z-4s?

Can't buy them new. Refurbs only, $200 usually, $100 if they're on sale (don't know how rare it is, saw it once).

Obviously I'm not him, but unless PLP gaming magically gets support from AMD or Nvidia, I can't see the advantage. Some people really feel like they need the symmetry. Personally, I'd rather have the extra 280 pixels and warranty with 22" 1080 IPS.

Last edited:
I take it you're not familiar with the concept of angling your monitors downward or angling your neck 10 degrees? Hell, I don't have to angle my neck at all but it feels more natural. Zero aches or pains. Don't even bother using my chair's headrest.

Hmm, interesting.

Did you buy that 2007FP new or used? If new, how much was it? Worth the price? The colors match up seamlessly?

I am considering a 2007FP to pair with my U3011, but they seem pretty expensive. Was wondering if you thought it was worth it.

As far as I know, the 2007FP's are discontinued by Dell, so you can't get them new.

I got mine used but refurbished on eBay. I paid $200 shipped with stand and all cables.

The colors are not a perfect match out of the box, but they are pretty good, but that is true for two monitors of the same model as well.

With some tweaking they matched pretty well. If I had a color calibrator I'm sure I could so even better more quickly, but I don't.

I am happy with how they look next to eachother. I'm just disappointed that neither Nvidia Surround nor AMD's Eyefinity support gaming with a setting like this. Both companies require that all monitors have the same resolution and orientation.

There's always SoftTH to help with this though.

how do you like those logitech z-4s?

I enjoy them. The sound is pretty clean, and the bass is strong enough for me.

That being said, I am getting old, so I'm not as excited about loud speakers as I once was. When I want some quality listening I usually use my headphones. They provide better audio quality than even the best speakers I've heard.

Could you please post the wallpaper on your HP monitor?

Zarathustra[H];1036818225 said:
As far as I know, the 2007FP's are discontinued by Dell, so you can't get them new.

I got mine used but refurbished on eBay. I paid $200 shipped with stand and all cables.

The colors are not a perfect match out of the box, but they are pretty good, but that is true for two monitors of the same model as well.

With some tweaking they matched pretty well. If I had a color calibrator I'm sure I could so even better more quickly, but I don't.

I am happy with how they look next to eachother. I'm just disappointed that neither Nvidia Surround nor AMD's Eyefinity support gaming with a setting like this. Both companies require that all monitors have the same resolution and orientation.

There's always SoftTH to help with this though.

I should also mention that there are both TN and IPS versions of the 2007FP. I made sure I got the IPS version for consistency's sake.

Zarathustra[H];1036819669 said:
I should also mention that there are both TN and IPS versions of the 2007FP. I made sure I got the IPS version for consistency's sake.

There has never been a tn version of the 2007, they are either pva or ips

Zarathustra[H];1036820174 said:
My bad. I shouldn't have stated TN.. All I knew was that there was a non-IPS version and an IPS version. I just assumed that the non-IPS version was TN.

no worries, I've had both and blacks do look a lot better on my PVA panels but colors seem more rich on my IPS, so pick your poison =D

after experiencing TN, IPS, and PVA panels...TN panels are kinda rough to look at...but I believe newer TN panels are better than they were several years ago, @ least this is from what I have read and not personally experienced

Samsung P2450 x 3 (24 inch)
Alienware Area-51
Intuos Pen Tablet (the BIG one) stacked over ergo-keys.
Office-Depot Desk that just Happened to fit the corner.
Light strip with remote, all colors, flash/fade.
- will be adding Sound activated lights (light organ) and lazer leds.

no worries, I've had both and blacks do look a lot better on my PVA panels but colors seem more rich on my IPS, so pick your poison =D

after experiencing TN, IPS, and PVA panels...TN panels are kinda rough to look at...but I believe newer TN panels are better than they were several years ago, @ least this is from what I have read and not personally experienced

I can tell you that my LED-lit TN, the Asus VE278Q, is very impressive. Markedly better than the older VW266Hs I owned. I've got it right alongside two 22" IPS and a 30" IPS, all in my sig, and it is noticeably brighter than either 22" IPS, which is great for gaming. The presets also give you more to play with. Not ideal for reading, given the DPI, and doesn't produce fully accurate colors on the desktop for all the obvious reasons, but it shines in gaming. I'm actually going to buy two smaller ones to replace the two 22" IPS panels for Eyefinity mode, and move those 22" panels into portrait mode to flank my 30" for desktop use.

Looking good! But doesnt your speakers a
shake your screens?

Not at all bro, i inherited those weak-ass home/surround speakers and there are mainly ornamental,...though i DO pump music through them and they do more than just fine for that purpose :)

Either way, they are pretty heavy wood and solid enclosures so they wouldn't shake the screens more than any other high power speakers anyone else would set up on the desktop or floor. (short answer - they dont, not that i can see).

I really did like the 47LE5400 especially at the $599 price point, but the black levels weren't all that great, the viewing angles wern't as good as I hoped (Verified it was an IPS panel), it wasn't as sharp while playing BluRays, and the colors really wern't that impressive. I tried tweaking every setting on that TV as much as possible, and I was switching sets every other day, so I really did see the diffference. I'm no TV expert by anymeans, but I have gone through 5 different TVs in the last two months, and the two that had any type of wow factor for me and my friends were the Samsung LN40560 and the Samsung UN46C6500. The UN46C6500 was also on sale for $799, so I couldn't be happier.

Friends had also thought the same. :D
179269_1626484699176_1148301523_31435013_7565110_n.jpg

I say take those other 2 from your friends and make an eyefinity set up. Just sayin....

Eyefinity with 1080p monitors that large would look very bad. You'd have to sit up close to get the peripheral effect, at which point everything will look grainy.

RAFA I have a 46" B7100 samsung LED edgelit tv (glossy). I think it looks great. So you are going to use three 46" LED edgelit sammy's on a pc? haha ! I will look forward to seeing that set up. I do have a pc connected to mine, the picture looks great on text and media. I use a lenovo keyboard remote and some other brand keyboard-remote I got off amazon that has a backlight on it since its a living room setup.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking into upgrading my 28" 1920x1200 hannspree TN + 24" FW900 'graphics professional' crt (run at 1920x1200@85hz) soon. This is how it looked in 08 (I've posted it previously here - and yes the pics are clothed, its a fleshy toned sequined shirt she has on).

monitors_27.5in-LCD_24in-crt_walls-1.jpg

Its still set up similarly now. Hopefully I will have a new setup for a 'before and after pic' in a month or so, but I'm still deciding on which config I want out of these so far...

--PLP: 19" 1440x900 LED ($110) + 27" 2560x1440 (ACD)apple cinema display LED $1k + 19" 1440x900 LED ($110)

--Mixed rez LLL 27" ACD (LED) ($1k) in middle flanked by .. 28" 1920x1200 Hanns' (own one, + $250 for another) , or flanked by other monitors like 27" LED 1080p's ($330each x2)

-- three 28" hannspree/hannsg 1920x1200 TN in eyefinity (adding 2 more to mine ~ $500), could still do 27" ACD sometime later for IPS desktop on side, or skip it.

-- three 23" Asus 120hz TN in eyefinity. 120hz gaming .. around $350 each.= cost of ACD

I know this isn't really a discussion thread so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully I'll have new pics to post in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
I would go for the 120hz in eyefinity. :D or a the others sound really nice. Hows the picture quality of those ACD?

I really did like the 47LE5400 especially at the $599 price point, but the black levels weren't all that great, the viewing angles wern't as good as I hoped (Verified it was an IPS panel), it wasn't as sharp while playing BluRays, and the colors really wern't that impressive. I tried tweaking every setting on that TV as much as possible, and I was switching sets every other day, so I really did see the diffference. I'm no TV expert by anymeans, but I have gone through 5 different TVs in the last two months, and the two that had any type of wow factor for me and my friends were the Samsung LN40560 and the Samsung UN46C6500. The UN46C6500 was also on sale for $799, so I couldn't be happier.

Where did you find them for $799? I'll spring for that. :)

My SFF's mobo fried itself, so my MBP now runs the show. Everything is kinda in limbo until the new Corsair 650D case is released and I can build a new PC. Here's my new Panasonic LCD HDTV and Dell 3008WFP. This 3008 replaced my 2-year old one that developed a power problem, last month. I tried to talk Dell into sending a 3011, but the case manager overruled the CSR. Dell sent a new 3008 instead of a refurb, so I'm not complaining.

Panasonic TC-L32U22 (will be wall-mounted soon)

IMG_1294.jpg

MBP 15" i5 HRG + Dell 3008WFP

IMG_1295.jpg

Dead SFF

IMG_1297.jpg

Two Monitors? Ridiculous... by mattlach, on Flickr

I'm really starting to like this setup. For now it allows me to do stuff like this:

Another Use for Multi Monitor Setups by mattlach, on Flickr

Will have to wait for more cash and SLI to add another side monitor on the right, then I'll do some surround gaming with SoftTH :)

Here's my PLP setup with a pair of U2211H and a U2711. Don't really care for Eyefinity with current gen monitors....
Sign me up when super thin bezel IPS panels come out :D

deskra.jpg

(I notice that the 2711 has a reddish tint while the 2211s have a greenish tint :confused:)

Can probably correct some of that by changing the RGB values of each monitor to meet "halfway".

Back