Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here is my Work In Progress, using an Asus Eyefinity 6 card. I am running three Dell U2410s and two 1080p projectors. Note that the third monitor is not on because I am waiting for the DP adapter to arrive. Also, this is an extreme work in progress as I am going to make a custom screen for the projectors. I have not even hung the projectors yet and have a lot of work to do in terms of aligning the projectors, calibrating the projectors, mounting the custom screen, etc., so this is an extreme work in progress.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I took these during the day so the screen is a bit washed out and the picture is unfocused too. The picture will look better once the custom screen is built, right now I am toying with different types of blend software for the projectors. Anyway here is the rough, rough, rough version of my gaming system.

UPDATE HERE IS A VIDEO IN 720P!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNZY8On5q8http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/l88bastard/2010-09-25131525.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/l88bastard/2010-09-25131501.jpg

That is just amazing! Now I hate you for stealing the best idea I never had. LOL.

@Happy Hopping - No it wont fall the speakers are heavy, plus ive also moved the m in abit as i have the second monitor Portrait now.

@Weenis - No, its fine, mine is not height adjustable. Im 6ft 4" and i havent a problem.

@tuaarita - Heavy wallet, nothing it in except for my cars, skint student isnt the word. Plus the new girl has me skint :L

I guess I'll do a late addition to this thread.

My Setup by mattlach, on Flickr

Using a KVM switch to hook up my work laptop in the docking station, and my gaming/linux rig under the desk.

Its a two year old picture. I'm getting ready to replace my trusty old 2405FPW with something newer and bigger. It was a mammoth of a monitor when I got it in 2005,but much lighter than the 22" 1600x1200 CRT it replaced that died in a puff of smoke, which I got in 2001...

I'm thinking 30" 2560x1600 widescreen, but I'm looking around for something with lower input lag. I'm just concerned I'm going to need a GTX480 SLI setup just to play anything at native resolution on it :p When I first got the 2405fpw I lost interest in games, as almost nothing I had would run well at 1920x1200. I don't want the same experience again with 2560x1600 :p

Zarathustra[H], I see that is a "IBM Modem M13" keyboard. Where did you buy it?

Last edited:
Now from a real camera instead of the 3GS. Moved a few things around.

IMG_0447.JPG

Nice setup, ankle. Pic is way better than iPhone for sure.

Zarathustra[H], I see that is a "IBM Modem M13" keyboard. Where did you buy it?

I love my model M :)

I got it on ebay 5 years ago. I love this keyboard, but since it is one of the rarer black models its difficult to get replacement keys for it (I have not found a source yet...

Some of the white lettering is starting to wear off of mine.

Sometimes they show up on http://www.clickykeyboards.com/ as well.

There are probably plenty of other sources for them, but these are th eones I ahve had luck with.

Zarathustra[H];1036229207 said:
I'm thinking 30" 2560x1600 widescreen, but I'm looking around for something with lower input lag. I'm just concerned I'm going to need a GTX480 SLI setup just to play anything at native resolution on it :p When I first got the 2405fpw I lost interest in games, as almost nothing I had would run well at 1920x1200. I don't want the same experience again with 2560x1600 :p

If you don't need the various ports, the Dell 3007WFP has near zero input lag since it has no built in scalar chip. (thats why it has one port and only two native resolutions)

Here is my current home office (previous setup can be found here and the one before that here):

system7.jpg

system8.jpg

system9.jpg

One 24" HP LP2475W on the left (looks really small on those pics, heh?) and two 30" LG W3000H on the right. Currently waiting for the 30" HP ZR30W to become available in Portugal to replace the 24" monitor and finally be able to run Eyefinity at 3 * 2560x1600.

The 30" LG monitors are top notch, but, unfortunately, they only have a single DVI-D input and I need to share one of the three monitors between two PCs, as I currently do with the LP2475W. The HPs also feature a native DisplayPort input, therefore they can be connected directly to my Radeon HD 5870 without the need for active DP to DVI-D adapters.

With the ZR30W monitor I'll also get a Corsair 1200W PSU to replace my current LC Power Arkangel 850W PSU (which, to my dismay, I later found to be actually a 750W PSU), and a Radeon HD 5970 to make a Tri CrossFire setup with the 5870.

After overclocking the 5970 to 5870 speeds, that ought to be enough to run Crysis with decent frame rates on those three 30" monitors at 7680x1600 Eyefinity resolution! ;)

But can it run Crys err nm.. ;)
Can't wait to see the next version, 3x30" is just digital sex!

Click on the pictures for their Flickr page + notes (ID of hardware). Was going to have the computer in the second "office" room, but found out I like to have the TV and computer in the same room. Go figure.

And.. since it is in the same room... my HT set up. Think I posted this in a console thread. Again, you can click on the images and see the Flickr page with hardware notes.

Very nice set up. Love how everything looks so clean and simplistic.. What brand/model is that home theatre?

Very nice set up. Love how everything looks so clean and simplistic.. What brand/model is that home theatre?

Can't really put a single name to it since I bought all the pieces separately.

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2ch
Front Speaker x2: Polk Audio Monitor 70
Middle Speaker x1: Polk Monitor CS2
Subwoofer: Elemental Design A2-300
Rear Sides x2: Polk Audio Monitor 60
Rears x2: Polk Audio Monitor 40

As you can see I jumped onto the Polk Monitor closeouts :)

If you click on the images, it'll bring up the Flickr page with notes on each component (hover pointer over image on Flickr)

Nice setup mate
Can u give me the blue wallpaper link please???:D

I would if I could, that is winamp visualizer. Which you can put into desktop mode where it replaces your wallpaper. It's very cool.

Looks sweet! Are the 30"s able to do portrait mode?
Unfortunately no. When I get my 3rd, I may go and buy some stands that allow for it. I am planning to do 5x1 Portrait when ever somebody supports it.

Last edited:
Wow doesn't like this resolution and keeps crashing, not sure what the deal is with that yet though.
desk1e.png

desk2oj.png

Here is my Work In Progress, using an Asus Eyefinity 6 card. I am running three Dell U2410s and two 1080p projectors. Note that the third monitor is not on because I am waiting for the DP adapter to arrive. Also, this is an extreme work in progress as I am going to make a custom screen for the projectors. I have not even hung the projectors yet and have a lot of work to do in terms of aligning the projectors, calibrating the projectors, mounting the custom screen, etc., so this is an extreme work in progress.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I took these during the day so the screen is a bit washed out and the picture is unfocused too. The picture will look better once the custom screen is built, right now I am toying with different types of blend software for the projectors. Anyway here is the rough, rough, rough version of my gaming system.

UPDATE HERE IS A VIDEO IN 720P!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNZY8On5q8

2010-09-25131525.jpg

2010-09-25131501.jpg

Nice, btw is it me or does the screen on the right look slightly lower than the projector screen on the left. Maybe I'm nitpicking. Sick Setup :D

Very beautiful man. Love your setup.

I was considering asimilar setup, but neither nVidia or ATI support it in SLS mode.
Thanks!
Mine were originally bought for PLP setup, but I'll go that route with PLP is supported with nvidia or ati.

@ c3p0, I like your setup set up a lot... very unique. Is that logitech dinovo keyboard? If so, is it worth the $100+?

Back