Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Just got my 55" 1080p 240hz LCD in.. Since I "enclosed" the backside of my entertainment center in, I keep fresh air on the backside of the monitor via (4) 120mm case fans. I'm pretty happy with my results so far..

DSCN0483.jpg

Damn, that's bright! Enjoy!:D

I agree.. If I sit directly in front of the monitor, it's too close. With that said, the text is actually quite clear. It is bright.. that's for sure. This project is not quite done as I plan on adding LED strips at the rear of the TV (controllable via remote) and a "sitting area" approximately 4 feet back. I'm going to move my surround sound speakers to the rear of the sitting area along with a table top for my keyboard and mouse.. Just ironing out the minor details and should start in on the second half of the project in a week or so.. I'll be sure to post a few follow up pictures.

Sorry for the bad picture, I don't have a nice camera.

z0ltj.jpg

The two monitors are a Samsung XL2370 and a LG W2361VG.

I have a P2770FH coming soon to replace the LG.

Hope you like the setup.

Alright, just got some of my stuff setup today. It's definitely not the final layout, as I'm still unpacking after the move.

14386791.jpg

65480521.jpg

13898354.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, just got some of my stuff setup today. It's definitely not the final layout, as I'm still unpacking after the move.

*snip*

Wires, wires everywhere! :D Still looks good but what kind of car goes with that hood?

Ya, the hood came off an Impreza WRX STI. I'm jamming it onto my 1996 Impreza Brighton. Went with it, cause it's got the side vents, hood scoops, also aluminium, so hella light. Course, I have to get it repaired first. Stupid UPS dented it. Wonder how much they'll give me for my claim.

Anyways, I've never been one to really clean up the wiring. I'm moving around too much. I rarely live anywhere more than a couple years. Hell, next year, I'll be in Afghanistan for half the year. Might toss all my stuff into storage and get rid of my apt to save money.

Ya, the hood came off an Impreza WRX STI. I'm jamming it onto my 1996 Impreza Brighton. Went with it, cause it's got the side vents, hood scoops, also aluminium, so hella light. Course, I have to get it repaired first. Stupid UPS dented it. Wonder how much they'll give me for my claim.

Anyways, I've never been one to really clean up the wiring. I'm moving around too much. I rarely live anywhere more than a couple years. Hell, next year, I'll be in Afghanistan for half the year. Might toss all my stuff into storage and get rid of my apt to save money.
You should get the prodrive vents for it.

Have you done an engine swap on it? I was going to swap my 97 legacy for a while, then I just decided it would be a better idea to just guy the 06 sti I have now. I love these cars. You should be able to get at least enough to cover the damage to the hood if not the whole value of the hood if it was insured.

You should get the prodrive vents for it.

Have you done an engine swap on it? I was going to swap my 97 legacy for a while, then I just decided it would be a better idea to just guy the 06 sti I have now. I love these cars. You should be able to get at least enough to cover the damage to the hood if not the whole value of the hood if it was insured.

Ya, I want to get the 22B replica vents. I haven't done an engine swap yet. I'm shooting for a 2.0L turbo with 6 speed transmission out of a Japanese STI. I don't want the 2.5L engine at all.

Anyways, recently hooked up my Xbox 360 to one of the monitors. I just have to hook up another set of speakers or my stereo to the monitor so I can get the noise.

Ya, I want to get the 22B replica vents. I haven't done an engine swap yet. I'm shooting for a 2.0L turbo with 6 speed transmission out of a Japanese STI. I don't want the 2.5L engine at all.

Anyways, recently hooked up my Xbox 360 to one of the monitors. I just have to hook up another set of speakers or my stereo to the monitor so I can get the noise.
Going JDM sti eh? If you're ever driven the 257 vs the 205, you'd want the 2.5.

Just sayin'

Going JDM sti eh? If you're ever driven the 257 vs the 205, you'd want the 2.5.

Just sayin'

Ya. I've driven a JDM STI before. I use to live in Japan. I've driven a regular 2.5RS, but not the US STIs. I'd assume the 2.5L would have better off boost torque, cause of the higher displacement.

I'd much rather go with the 207 with a 2.2L stroker kit from JUN. Course that'll probably never happen. I'm not all that worried about the differences between a JDM STI and a US STI, as either is better than my EJ18. I'll probably do the engine swap when I hit 150k miles. I'm currently at 91k.

My tripple monitor setup on linux/beryl. 15.2 megapixels:

3840x2400 + 2560x1600 + 1600x1200

1080p youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdM2PWS39c&fmt=37

720p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdM2PWS39c&fmt=22

what's the OS you run in the background that allows the screen you move from the far right to the far left and the sheet waves back and forth like that?

also, w/ such high res. on the 22", what do you gain and what do you lose? And is it good for the eye?

what's the OS you run in the background that allows the screen you move from the far right to the far left and the sheet waves back and forth like that?

also, w/ such high res. on the 22", what do you gain and what do you lose? And is it good for the eye?

I am running linux. Beryl does the wobly window effects. The desktop is completely rendered in 3d so the performance is good even with a crapton of windows open which I often have.

What I gain on the 22 inch is being able to see 20 terminal windows all at once (each with decent dimensions). I work for a web-hosting company and manage servers. It is good for me to look at a lot of servers/run things in parallel and still see the output (which you can't do in tabs). I don't think its bad or good on the eyes. I have X set to 75 DPI and even then the text is very readable on the 22 inch even from the distance I am sitting from the monitor.

Text is definitely small but clear. I would have trouble reading it if I was a foot farther back than I am from it (currently about 2.5 feet away)

When I could only use one monitor I opted for just the 22 inch and my 30 incher was just collecting dust. Now that I have a bigger desk and more room I went ahead and went triple monitor.

Hey, I'm trying to decide which setup I should have. Maybe you guys could help me decide? Choose one of the following pictures. :D

Setup 1:
htvdie.jpg

Setup 2:
358rtc4.jpg

Setup 3:
23h3apu.jpg

Setup 4:
nbung4.jpg

And for those guys who want to see my system, it'll not be any changes here.
dngb35.jpg

2ekjh3k.jpg

And any tips for what I can do is welcome. :)
Thanks.

You from ATL?

Please, for the love of god, either make the pictures a more manageable size or don't quote the pictures.

img0713k.jpg

img0714nm.jpg

Just got this new Ikea Galant desk.. now I just need to get a new chair and some 20" lcds in portrait and I will be set.

The chair I am thinking of getting is the Ergohuman Me7erg (~550$).

Just got this new Ikea Galant desk.. now I just need to get a new chair and some 20" lcds in portrait and I will be set.

Any chance you could give me the Ikea model numbers for that desk? I can't seem to find the same combination on their website.

Any chance you could give me the Ikea model numbers for that desk? I can't seem to find the same combination on their website.

Yea sure - When I went on the website I couldnt do it in black because they said they were out of stock yet there were at least 20 of each table top available in this color at the Ikea in Atlanta. Anyways here are the article numbers if you decide to go in store:

Galant Ext Top 32x24" Blk-Brn 901.052.67
Galant Crner Tbl Tp Lft 63x47" Blk-brn 801.052.39
Galant Ext Top Hlf-Rnd 12x25" Blk-brn 301.052.70

Then you will need the frames for each of those table tops and whatever legs you want to go with. Those obviously arent dependent on the color.

If this is too detailed for you then I bought this but obviously in black.

Back