Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

photo-1.jpg

my current @ work setup... working on a 3rd 24"... should get it delivered in a day or 2.

3 video cards? All those card stack like that with no room to breath. I bet your vc fan run alot even on idle mode.

What the hell do you do to need four monitors for at work? Certainly not for stock trading.
:confused::eek::confused:

laptop is for take home... i was re-building it.

the 3 screens, everyone gets dual screens as default for a new hire.... just generally they get 1 - 24 and 1 19.... but i co-manage the entire IT infrastructure team, so I get to put in my own POs and finance likes me a lot, so they all get approved....

i was trying to get one 27" and 2 24" but that price tag didnt sit right with the CTO.....

I'd like to post my LCD setup but can't post attachments. At what point can I?

You have to upload your pics to an image sharing site and then link in the URL for the image. I use Skydrive/Windows Live. Imageshack is another site that allows for hot linking.

3 video cards? All those card stack like that with no room to breath. I bet your vc fan run alot even on idle mode.

While I do have 5 120mm fans in the case, the cards still get hot. Not "egg frying" hot, but hot enough I don't like it. If I stick with it I will probably look into water cooling. I'm running out of things to do on this rig anyway. :p

--

Amen! Too easy to forget how blessed many of us are.:)

Indeed. After spending 10 years recovering from the financial devastation of divorce and custody battle, it is a lot easier to appreciate the gift AND the giver.

What the hell do you do to need four monitors for at work? Certainly not for stock trading.
:confused::eek::confused:

I'm sure he's just replacing the middle monitor. Though having 4 monitors is nice. I used to have a setup with 3 on the bottom and one on the top. The top monitor I put my network monitors, or music player, or aim, or what ever. The bottom 3 were for games, or normal work with multiple browser windows, or documents, or thing that needed to be worked on, not merely monitored.

I know this is an LCD thread but what about plasmas?

Playing around with the new living room TV and probably not going to be a permanent setup but man...this is so comfortable and so nice. Just got a nice chair with a wooden board for keyboard and mouse and propping my feet on the TV stand with 60" in front of my face. TV is nice. Camera sucks unfortunately.[/IMG]
Wow, what is that theme you're using?

It reminds me a lot of this really old "Longhorn" theme for Windows XP from like 8 years ago.

Speaking from experience, the biggest issue I ran into looking at having 3 30" monitors for home was that its more then 6-ft across of pure monitor...that's a lot of desk space (and desktop space for a mouse to move). Even with my new 2 vert-21s and the 30" I'm still 4ft5in across of monitor... you literally have to really turn back and forth alot, not to mention the heat that the huge panels put off.

DSCF6080.jpg

During the summer I have to have the A/C cranking most of the time between the displays, the CPU and the UPS, not to mention if I use the laser printer, lol.

Last edited:
I see we have some good, some bad.... and now I bring in the ugly:
A wimpy little 19".... being driven by 2 GTX 480s. I really need a few new monitors.
You fit two GTX 480s in that DA Box? Nice! I couldn't make my 5870 CF fit in mine.

You fit two GTX 480s in that DA Box? Nice! I couldn't make my 5870 CF fit in mine.
That's not all: I also fit a full liquid cooling system with twin 240 rads..... the pic is outdated but I don't have a camera. Rest assured I will make a few posts once I get this running, I have almost everything ready.
Too expensive?? You have two GTX 480s :p
I wonder where all my money went. :p
This is the part where someone posts a satirical take on those motivational posters, with the caption: PRIORITIES.
Yeah, I don't know if you noticed the FOLDING METAL CHAIR. :D

I use to have two video card on my rig and my fan seems to overwork during the summer. Now I am back to 1 card, everything is normal even though my ambient room is 95 deg F. 2 vc can make such a big difference?

nice setup, but why you keep reposting it every few months? I've seen your setup a few times here for the past few years

How could he have had an Eyefinity setup the last years? At any rate, he's loves his rig and let's face it, part of why I come here is to brag and see others brag. When taken in that spirit its all good!:D

Updated my setup recently with the move. Havent figured out if its an upgrade or a downgrade :).

Went from 2 19" LCD's driven by a 4890x2 + Logitech X530's & a 32" HDTV driven by a 4550 + Sony STR-K7100 reciever + Polk Monitor 40's & a CS1

002-1.jpg

To a HP2509M monitor driven by a 5450 & a FirePro V4800 + Denon 1610 + Infinity Studio Monitor 185's fronts (not pictured) + Infinity Primus 162's surrounds (pictured)

CIMG0389.jpg

CIMG0388.jpg

Hah, got tricked user 'isp'. thought that top framed sketch was a monitor. Was going to ask 'where did you buy'.

Back