Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

how do u keep the dampness off the pc? :p

The crapper is actually in its own room separate from the shower and sink. Never had a problem with moisture.

How much time do you spend in there :rolleyes:

About 20mins twice a day. My wife still doesn't know how I can go for so long. I call it "OABS" or over active bowel syndrome!:p

I always wanted one of those things. My vision would have had the monitor in the wall though hopefully far enough that no moisture would get to it. Not sure how I would do the keyboard/mouse though.

My configuration was out of necessity. Before I had a TV tray in there to hold the mouse and keyboard. The wifey threaten me to fix that because she got tired of hitting the tray late in the night when she had to go. I rarely type on the keyboard, and my toilet roll holder on the wall supports my arm when using the mouse. It's a cool setup and when I'm done I tuck the monitor/keyboard/mouse behind the door.

Yecch wash your hands after touching that keyboard for sure.

Now, now germs can be good for you!:D

Switched out my ASUS VW266's monitors for the Dell UltraSharp U2410 Monitors.

dsc00894copy.jpg

I like the setup, I am going the 3 monitor route, still trying to decide on what to get at the moment, A question: What is the Mounting kit you are using to hold the 3 Dells?

Hey, McKie, what difference is there between the old Asus TNs and the new Dell IPS monitors?

Is it really noticeable in terms of color and contrast? Noticeable enough, let's say, to warrant an upgrade if gaming is my priority? I'm trying to decide between the dell P2210 and the dell 2209wa. Any thoughts man? And noticeable enough to warrant $300 more if I'm simpy a college student who would like an eyefinity setup on a budget?

Looks great btw, seems like a nice upgrade.

The crapper is actually in its own room separate from the shower and sink. Never had a problem with moisture.

About 20mins twice a day. My wife still doesn't know how I can go for so long. I call it "OABS" or over active bowel syndrome!:p

My configuration was out of necessity. Before I had a TV tray in there to hold the mouse and keyboard. The wifey threaten me to fix that because she got tired of hitting the tray late in the night when she had to go. I rarely type on the keyboard, and my toilet roll holder on the wall supports my arm when using the mouse. It's a cool setup and when I'm done I tuck the monitor/keyboard/mouse behind the door.

Now, now germs can be good for you!:D

Dude!!!!!!!!! Sometimes you've got to disconnect yourself. I love my rigs just like everyone else here but I draw the line here.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i finally thought of a use for the iPad - put a mount on the wall in front of the crapper to hold the iPad and use it to surf the net while taking care of business.

btw - "electronic newspaper" with 3Dmark installed? :)

Hey, McKie, what difference is there between the old Asus TNs and the new Dell IPS monitors?

Is it really noticeable in terms of color and contrast? Noticeable enough, let's say, to warrant an upgrade if gaming is my priority? I'm trying to decide between the dell P2210 and the dell 2209wa. Any thoughts man? And noticeable enough to warrant $300 more if I'm simpy a college student who would like an eyefinity setup on a budget?

Yes, it's a very noticeable difference for the better. The color is fantastic. Not washed out looking. No mater what angle you view it at. Someone on a budget might be perfectly content with a good TN panel. as long as the viewing angle is at least 170 deg.

I was happy with mine. and it was ok. but I was able to sell some of my other toys to finance these. So money wasn't an issue. If you can save up for an IPS panel. I would.

I made the choice (for various reasons) to sell and take the loss of the 3 asus 25.5" tn monitors i had invested 900ish in to go for 1 27" 2560x1440 ultra sharp (1020.25 shipped with tax with the work discount) and i don't even remotely regret it in the least. the color differences between the asus and the dell u2711 are mind boggling. I would recommend an ips over a tn any day if you can afford it

I made the choice (for various reasons) to sell and take the loss of the 3 asus 25.5" tn monitors i had invested 900ish in to go for 1 27" 2560x1440 ultra sharp (1020.25 shipped with tax with the work discount) and i don't even remotely regret it in the least. the color differences between the asus and the dell u2711 are mind boggling. I would recommend an ips over a tn any day if you can afford it

Another good option.

I have been watching this thread for years. I guess it is time to contribute. Here are my LCDs.

Desk1.jpg

Office Computer attached to two 19" Dell 1905FP and one 20" Dell 2007FP.

24" HP ZR24w and 22.2" LG Flatron L222WT with several inputs on the back that switch between Mac (dual boot Windows 7), Ubuntu computer, and gaming computer.

Desk2.jpg

Dell 17" alone on the end. The 17" is attached to one computer pictured on the bottom and I have a matching 19" for the other computer, but to help with clutter I run remote desktop software on it instead.

TV1.jpg

TV2.jpg

TV3.jpg

Samsung 52" LN52B750 attached to cable, Blueray, and consoles. VGA cable sitting below the TV ready to attach a computer when needed.
I apologize for the poor picture quality, the TV setup looks better in person I promise.

pano_room.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

Here is a slight update.
I got a Bose 321 and new lights [they can be any color] for behind the LED TV.
Autostitch did its best.
I can post single pictures upon request.

Last edited:
hydrafear is that a custom made desk? How and with what materials was it made? Measurements? More pics of the desk please! LCD is awesome Nice setup.

hydrafear is that a custom made desk? How and with what materials was it made? Measurements? More pics of the desk please! LCD is awesome Nice setup.

Yes it's a custom desk.
I made it from granite that is 71in x 32in.
It sits on top of two 3/4in plywood.
It's not a LCD, it's a LED.
The only thing this setup is lacking is a computer chair and a new clock sigh.

DSC01495_.jpg

Heres my office setup. Just running dual 21.5" 1080p Acer monitors. I also have a 32" 1080p tv on the wall I can use as a 3rd monitor if I need to, but its on a slower video card so gaming is not done on the 32". In fact, no gaming yet as I just built this and have no games on it yet, looking to put some games on it. Didnt go with 3 desk monitors because this is my work pc (but its fastest out of all my pcs) and i can't go too crazy. As it is now, i cant see anybody sitting in 1
of 2 of my chairs.

(dont mind the crappy photos, took these tonight and wasnt aiming at the monitor setup but you get the idea)

30277_1320139438979_1095570040_30823216_7492779_n.jpg

30277_1320157759437_1095570040_30823259_1110689_n.jpg

30277_1320157319426_1095570040_30823258_109258_n.jpg

Unless I missed some massive breakthrough it is still a LCD, it is just LED back-lit instead of CCFL. Basically means it can use less power and be thinner.....

I guess we have Samsung to thank for making some people believing that an LED flat screen is somehow no longer an LCD. Heck, I bet you a fraction of these people don't even know what "LED" and "LCD" stand for. ;)

Isn't it also Samsung responsible for this ad for 3D TVs?

Can you get more misinformation than that? How does the "3D" stereo effect that only gives you a sensation of depth suddenly produce real 3D objects as if head-tracked? Jeez.

Just added a 19" led lcd:

Once I repair my dell 2407 I am adding it (You should be able to guess where ;) )

how do you like the LED LCD? Is there any shadow effect on the font of display text? What's your pros and cons on LED LCD and what res. are you running?

Im rearranging the livingroom since i got my projector (Epson EH-TW3500). My two 24" are visible to the left. The setup is far from finished, i need to do some cable-management and the like ;)

vwzsQfUhD.jpg

Im rearranging the livingroom since i got my projector (Epson EH-TW3500). My two 24" are visible to the left. The setup is far from finished, i need to do some cable-management and the like ;)

QUOTE]

very nice setup - best of both worlds.

removed pic from quote....

Last edited:
My home office setup, mostly cleaned up. Still have some wire work to do.

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

Other side of the room for good measure.
DSC_0727.jpg

New LCD (24" Samsung BX2440, LED backlit, 1920 x 1080). I love it :)

Screens left to right:
15" Thinkpad T61p, Samsung BX2440, Viewsonic VX2025vm

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

Looks like a lot of copy and paste code :eek:

Haha just kiddin... Portrait is way nice for coding.

I love the guys who you can tell are still in school. Thousands of dollars worth of equipment on a $99 walmart desk. I love it!!!

I love the guys who you can tell are still in school. Thousands of dollars worth of equipment on a $99 walmart desk. I love it!!!

um...no.
most on [h] focus on the gear, the desks are utilitarian, if not an outright afterthought...a flat surface to work and focus on the gear!...desktops that just gets the job done at a good value.
here is one of mine...ikea < $100...simple...love it...and i haven't seen college in 20 years now.

Generally if you live on campus all your furniture is provided so that statement is rather fail to begin with.
And i never see myself spending obscene amounts of money on a desk, all you need is a flat surface that holds all your stuff. The computer is all that matters.

Generally if you live on campus all your furniture is provided so that statement is rather fail to begin with.
And i never see myself spending obscene amounts of money on a desk, all you need is a flat surface that holds all your stuff. The computer is all that matters.

Until you get married...

My home office setup, mostly cleaned up. Still have some wire work to do.

DSC_0723.jpg

I like how the wallpaper of the sunset isn't wide enough for the Eyefinity setup... LOL. Might have to get a higher res image there or stretch it.

Back