Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

You guys trust cats close to your computers? No matter how well behaved, they still are likely to do something unexpected and start scratching cables and/or hardware. I'm guessing you guys have them declawed.

lcds.jpg

Last edited:
This is my old setup back in India. I am in the US right now for 1-2 yrs or more. So this rig is lying wasted back in India :( ...

Rig_Showcase.jpg

BTW.. Your speakers are upside down. HF driver should be on the same horizontal as your ears while sitting at your desk.

Clean setup... :D

Nah, that's how they're designed and intended to be. They're Polk Audio R150s. I understand what you're saying, though, and I realize most speakers typically have the tweeter on top, and I suppose I could flip them over, but then things would be upside down. I figure the people at Polk did it for a reason, so I'll keep them like that, haha.

I used to have them on speaker stands as well, which made them equal level with my ears, but with the new desk, I can't really put them on stands. The right side would work fine, but the left side wouldn't work, with the computer case being there and such. Someone on here had some nice short desk stands that looked like they'd be perfect for my setup, so I might get something like that sometime in the future.

CIMG2725.jpg

HP blew up, books are where my slimline (signuature, for the win!) are supposed to be.
My speakers are 2.1 (purple...generics?), and are on the bookshelf behind it.

I will update in a later post when I learn how to use my camera properly.

Here are a few shots of my new setup - they're sorta dark I'll try to get better ones later.

In the pic: 2x 24" Monitors, 42" Sharp Aquos 120hz 1080p, some crazy gaming chair I found at like walmart I believe!

All thats left now is to find a proper Receiver and surround sound...

100_0972.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0975.jpg

Here are a few shots of my new setup - they're sorta dark I'll try to get better ones later.

In the pic: 2x 24" Monitors, 42" Sharp Aquos 120hz 1080p, some crazy gaming chair I found at like walmart I believe!

All thats left now is to find a proper Receiver and surround sound.

I really like those pink walls; somehow it fits the space nicely.

They're not pink actually they're burgandy, and outside of the Flash of a crappy camera they normally look quite a bit darker. But since I moved in here I obviously haven't cared about the walls given that there is still a border... and striped green/white wallpaper below it :p

If I wasn't moving in the next 6 months I'd paint it, but bah! my setup distracts from it... I hope.

Not to mention they also use overpriced Macs.

Agreed. Plus you have to shell out $30 for an adapter plate because their monitors aren't VESA standard. :mad:

However, $800 isn't much for a decent chair. Some places were selling mine for twice that.

I keep telling myself I need to just bite the bullet and buy a nice chair but I keep talking myself out of it

You guys trust cats close to your computers? No matter how well behaved, they still are likely to do something unexpected and start scratching cables and/or hardware. I'm guessing you guys have them declawed.

I have had cats and computers together for years and years with no incidents.. I guess I just have well behaved cats.. but I do give them lots of toys to play with and scratch/bite on.. so maybe that helps. :)

Declaw cats? thats a no-go..

Anyhow, a whole page without images? not acceptable.

The current messy state of my desk:

DSC_8000pp.sized.jpg

Back