Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

u did all that 5k by 1k with a 260 only? wow

do u think my 4870x2 could do 4400aprox x almost 2k approx? :D

If you're planning on gaming, dual monitor isn't the greatest setup. Gotta go right for triple-screen :D

Left4Dead spanned across three screens running at 5040x1050:
http://kimag.es/share/61888280.png

*No matrox hardware was used in the making of this photo ;)

hi your picture just made me curious so i just tried, not bad , 5760 x 1200 :p

imgp1802.jpg

I'm curious too! how are you guys running tripple monitor gaming with one graphics card? correct me if im wrong, which I think I am. Anyone have a writeup how to do that?

imgp1802.jpg

oh snap :cool: Is that 3 - 27" or 3 - 24" monitors ? And you must be using either the software driver SoftTH, or a lucky guy to have the brand new 5870 VideoCard early ? How does the game play at such a widescreen res ? Is it playable and smooth ?

Yeah i'm using soft th on 3 26 " monitors, and it is very playable, very smooth, at least on L4D

well it's the first time i play widescreen lol but i have to admit that it is very impressive, it changes the way you play, total immersive gaming experience, wow i have to test on crysis :p

link to soft th

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Last edited:
thanks for the link, that's the exact google link that I got =P...but I think I'm about to kill 1 of my 4890's if I run all 3 screens on a single gpu....haha

hmm, can't seem to get it to work, does it not work w/ 2560x1600 or 64 bit OS? I disabled CFX, so I have the suggested single gpu on the middle display and another gpu on both 2ndary's

triple monitor guys ...

can a single graphics card with hdmi, dvi and vga be used to get a setup like yours or we need to have dual graphics card..

I have a ATI 4870 1GB dual sonic will it work for triple monitor setup?

i'm running on windows 7 64 too

you need two video cards to run triple monitor, sli or crossfire does not work, disable it

HD58... will support triple monitor though :p

here is a screen capture lol 5760 x 1200

Last edited:

you need two video cards to run triple monitor, sli or crossfire does not work, disable it

do you mind posting a step by step, as I cant seem to get it to work w. my setup... TIA

Nice way to one-up my 5040x1050 :p

I'm curious, have you set up bezel management in SoftTH there? Bezel management chops out the space between monitors so objects don't suddenly jump from one screen to another. You can adjust it with the "borderSize" variable in your softth.cfg

I'm using 128 pixel wide boarders on my triple-22" setup, looks like you might need considerably wider with those thick bezels :eek:

u did all that 5k by 1k with a 260 only? wow

do u think my 4870x2 could do 4400aprox x almost 2k approx? :D
Yup, maximum settings in left4Dead with 4x AA and 16x AF. The Source engine isn't exactly the most demanding thing in the world.

I've personally tested source engine games (Half Life 2 series, Left4Dead, Portal, Team Fortress 2, etc), Oblivion, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Halo 1, Halo 2, Assassins Creed, Mirrors Edge, Grand Theft Auto IV, Need for Speed Most Wanted, need for Speed Carbon, Call of Duty 4 MW, Call of Duty 5 WAW, Bioshock, Crysis, Dead Space, FarCry2, Ghostbusters, and even Unreal Tournament 99. They all work triple-wide with some degree of tweaking :D

The only issue with SoftTH is that it only works with DirectX8 and DirectX9 applications. OpenGL games (like those based on the Doom 3 engine) will work in triple-wide, but you need a TripleHead2Go (or you can run them in windowed mode instead of full screen, but then you don't get any kind of bezel management).

hmm, can't seem to get it to work, does it not work w/ 2560x1600 or 64 bit OS? I disabled CFX, so I have the suggested single gpu on the middle display and another gpu on both 2ndary's
It should work with triple 2560x1600, someone over at Widescreen Gaming Forum posted 7680x1600 screenshots using SoftTH. It also has no problem with 64bit operating systems, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (RTM build 7600).

You might want to tweak your HUD to get everything on the center screen like I have. Hard to keep an eye on your health/party/inventory when it's all the way out to the sides like that :p

Last edited:
Nice upgrades! I believe you and I are the only guys on [H] who have that color Galant. :D

That is some sexy case. :cool:

Nice upgrade Sir, uh... post-digest a lot. ;) What 'cha got under the hood?

Yeah i wasn't going to upgrade for a while but since I spent $10K on home improvement I figure mind as well. I don't much under the hood, just some 2 year old hardware, see my sig. Probably due for a upgrade on the innards soon, i'll try to keep it as long as possible as I just spent $10K this summer. Maybe next year around the holiday season.

That is some sexy case. :cool:

Nice upgrade Sir, uh... post-digest a lot. ;) What 'cha got under the hood?

Everytime I look at this thread I get so jealous, I wish I could get just a job, being 16 its kinda hard to get a job, because in CT, you can't work in retail until you are 18... It's so obnoxious, right now I am saving for a Galant and trying to find a new home for my Jerker. If you are in the NY, NJ, CT area and you want a jerker let me know!

You can work at 17 in CT..... I am working at 17 in CT. So are my friends >.>

anywone knows this arm ??

It's an innovative 7000 or 7500, probably with the silver finish.

I have 3 7000s, and one silver 7500, and they're nice arms. My only complaint is that rotatation from portrait to landscape and back requires a lot of torque, and a bit of back and forth to get it level in the new position. But since I leave them in landscape 99.9% of the time it's a very minor complaint. The main selling point for me was the flexibility of the mounting hardware.

Someday if I ever finish redoing this room, I'll probably post a pic of the setup using the arms.

had to replace my 24" dell panel because it died =(

also got new peripherals... am saving up for a Dell 3008 to consolidate primary terminal as I don't really need two screens but would like substantial screen real estate to view multiple apps/windows at the same time

DSC00792-1.jpg

DSC00793-1.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

How does it compare to the Apple screen?

You know if softTH is able to run 2 different resolutions. I have a 23 inch monitor (center) running at 1920x1200 and then 2 side 15" monitors running at 768x1024 (Portrait) but I'm unable to get call of duty 4 going..

How does it compare to the Apple screen?
hey bud

tbh, the other screens aren't exactly top of the line so, it's no comparison at all... the Dell is 24" but not Ultrasharp, and the Samsung panel isn't anything special either

i'm no hardware expert but i think whenever you compare an H-IPS LED panel like the Apple one to normal TN panels like the Dell and Samsung, it will be a landslide.... the Apple panel is brighter, sharper, more colorful, better viewing angle etc... i really like it

Back