Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

If I may, I feel that all the apprehension is about all that water next to all that expensive electronics. Have a fire extinguisher near by?

mylcds01.jpg

This has been my desktop for about 4 years now. I've ran dual displays for many years before they were LCD's. Never bothered me... Now I'm sure I'd love to use a triple-display setup but money just never seems to be there for what I want.

And there is a pasta spoon on your desk why??

mrk, what's that white, egg-like thing on your desk?
Also, is that the episode of HIGNFY with Clarkson?
The egg is a glow egg!
IMG_5409_v1.jpg

Also yep, HIGNIFY with JC!

Probably a Direct line to Newegg Customer Service:confused:
:p

what model are the monitors?

The silver bezel is a BenQ FP241W, I had 2 of these and both were crap with issues so I got rid and got a 2408WFP which turned out to be worse and now have the Hazro HZ24W which is miles better.

Sure, it is a little unbalanced but it still sounds great.

It all started when I blew my z560 box and happened to have the AV15 sitting around after its replacement with an RE HC18 in my truck. So I calculated a box with WinISD, drew it up in CAD and fabbed it in my (former) garage.

Needless to say it gets little action in my current apartment. :(

Here is a vid of it in action, side-mounted when the box was 14cuft. hahahaha

<right click, save as>

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/StrykeAudio/av15.1.wmv

Damn! I saw that picture when I was at work, didn't realize till now that it was wider then my browser but I can't see how that window is still in one piece. I would think that sub would move so much air it would just shatter!

Ahhhhh, the almighty Adire Tempest, my first sub. I actually went up to their office in Lynnwood to pick it up - put it in a 4.5cuft @ 25hz box with my ol JBL BP600.1. Great sub.

I remember people's reactions after first hearing it, then seeing it.

"WTF was that...Oh! It looks plain?" lol

2611997353_b90247b60d_b.jpg

This is a better pic. I used a dual desk arm, I got it pretty cheap on eBay. It says it maxes out on 22" lcds but my 24s fit fine. I think it matters on the desk you mount it on than anything else. I'm using a pretty thick Ikea desk

There 2x 24" soyo PVA panels. Great, no dead pixels no issues whats so ever.

I need to get an updated pic. I got my Dinovo Edge and my Logitech revolution is on its way. :)

2v3mpep.jpg

I want to tidy it up though, I don't like the way my speakers and left monitor are standing. Any suggestions?

Put a shelf on the wall above the black monitor and put your second monitor, maybe also your speaker up there. Or just find a box and put it behind the black monitor and stand the white monitor on the box.

IMG_0118s.JPG

IMG_0119s.JPG

Excuse the mess, my living arrangements are temporary. You guys would probably have a heart attack looking at my "cable management" implementation. :p I've been slowly accumulating monitors and now I have too much monitor and too little desk, hence the DELL box. Once I graduate this fall and have some real money I'll be able to justify $300 monitor stands and desks that cost more than $30. I've been licking my lips looking at that 20/30/20 setup with the ergotron mount.

Excuse the mess, my living arrangements are temporary. You guys would probably have a heart attack looking at my "cable management" implementation. :p I've been slowly accumulating monitors and now I have too much monitor and too little desk, hence the DELL box. Once I graduate this fall and have some real money I'll be able to justify $300 monitor stands and desks that cost more than $30. I've been licking my lips looking at that 20/30/20 setup with the ergotron mount.

In my opinion, since you already have a 30', why not just buy another 30'.. You will have more Screen Real Estate compared to 20/30/20 setup and who knows, perhaps down the road you will want to add another 30'..

I am planning to add another 30' to my 30/30 setup after I am done with school..

Here is my current setup..

M-StreetNEWworkspace.jpg

:)

In my opinion, since you already have a 30', why not just buy another 30'.. You will have more Screen Real Estate compared to 20/30/20 setup and who knows, perhaps down the road you will want to add another 30'..

I am planning to add another 30' to my 30/30 setup after I am done with school..

Here is my current setup..

:)

that samsung looks so small!

In my opinion, since you already have a 30', why not just buy another 30'.. You will have more Screen Real Estate compared to 20/30/20 setup and who knows, perhaps down the road you will want to add another 30'..:)

The biggest issue is that ergonomically its best to have your main monitor front and center, all the more so when dealing with 30s. Also, until the advent of more games that can use multiple monitors at once, the gain from having an extra 30 is diminished. A 30/30/30 setup would be a little insane but that is probably the step I would take after 20/30/20, but I would have to make some serious bucks before I would consider that. Plus I already have one of the 20s and just need one more anyway.

DSC00588.jpg

Antec 900 Quad Core
1.5tb of HD space
4gb ram
3 shuttles - all dual core server 2003 boxes
1 dell laptop - basically to break i dont even know whats in it
1 macbook - 2.2 ghz 2gb of ram and 120 gig hd

As you know Bill Gates is retiring to pursue his philanthropic interests. In memory of his geekness, I thought it would be fun to post his workspace setup evolution from 1982 to 2008.

billgatesclassicpp0.jpg

billgatesofficecs3.jpg

Back