• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

HardforumLCD1.jpg

HardforumLCD2.jpg



I didn't pick the color the walls, and I can't change them. :(
 
I think the flash makes it look better than it really is. I love blue, but this blue is 'baby-blue' with a little 'shit' mixed in. Plus I'm just dying to whore out that trendy taupe that I see in the Pottery Barn all the time. :)
 
Most of the time offbranded LCD's have the same panels as the higher end LCD's, just some features and the bezel designs are much more low grade.


But if your like me, you dont give a crap about having 6 USB ports in your monitor along with a piano black finished clearcoated bezel with built in 2.0mp camera.

I just want a screen.
 
I wouldn't mind 6 USB ports in mine! It would get rid of that trashy Ipod USB wire I have coming out of the back. About to pick up a USB hub to take care of that.
 
HardforumLCD1.jpg

i like the carpet. it's not glued to the floor huh? where did you get that type?
 
It actually looks like an area rug. Notice the edges look to have a seam on them.

Its real carpet I bought from Lowes. It's the exact size of the room (about 12x12). My roomate (who owns the place) put tile in last summer. I hate tile.

It obviously isn't glued, but it does have padding underneath. When I move out next year I'll just pull it up and trash it. Works well.

edit; the seam on the side is some crap you're supposed to cut off, but I laid it down after 10 hours of driving, and was just too lazy. That is also the reason it looks wavy.
 
that setup is absolutely retarded, don't you strain your neck looking around so much? lol, jk.

very sweet, i like how you had to overflow your setup over to the filing cabinet.
 
I can't remember if I've posted to this thread already, so here it may be again :)

desk.JPG


The now required resin statues are satisfied via Neo and Punisher :D
I have that Exact same picture hanging up on my wall XD it looks sooo cool if you actually look at it.
 
Small changes from last year. Mainly the sub is now placed under my desk. Have taken great pains to isolate the subwoofer from leaking bass into the neighbours' apartment.

Have been shopping around for desks. It's amazingly hard to find a simple, symmetrical desk that doesn't have all kinds of cheap-ass "features". Also my camera might be on its last legs, can't seem to get a good focus any more.

left.jpg

front.jpg

right.jpg
 
For a second I thought I got linked to Ikea's website. Its a little too clean there ballpoint man it up a little with a empty bag of chips or a empty can or something. All that white makes me want to slit my wrist for some color.....I'm just messing around don't get all said it looks sweet but a white monitor and white case could help with the ghostly clean look.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002335
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129036

and top it all off with a sexy white keyboard and mouse.
 
I tried the image tags... and they don't seem to like friendster blog images.

I just looked and my geminicool and geminimachining sites are down... perhaps my host has gone bust, I haven't seen a bill in several months.

I began looking for the perfect chair, and although several came close, none quite hit it just right. There's just no way I can spend $6000 or even $2500 for my gaming chair. And so I set off to create my own chair.

The Aluminum framing is from 8020. www.8020.net (make sure .net not .com). Although I do have a full blown machine shop available to me, in the end, I really only used two uncommon type tools. I used a 24 x 36" plotter to create the template which I then cut on a jig saw. (maximum travel on our CNCs is only 30"). I used a manual Bridgeport to mill a slot for the desk slide.

The Al frame cuts well with a carbide miter saw. Drilling and tapping is done easily with a hand drill. All edges were rounded using round over bits.... Total cost including glass, paint, etc approached $600.
 
I believe I've seen that desk on Costco's website. It's listed as a gaming desk IIRC.

No this desk is my own creation. Here are some that I did look at...
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.ph...d=5990&zenid=708cac32637f757820b0396816381fa8
http://www.thev1chair.com/images.htm
http://www.poetictech.com/aura/index.html

Each of these is very cool... but in the end they have some "feature" that I didn't like. Actually, using the extrusions allows for even more customizations. You could add a different type of linear motion and attach a side table. The table I built has an actual work surface, that glass top is 17"x30". The Chair itself has a cup older so you could use the side snack surfaces to hold a book or some other widget.

For me, having a fixed keyboard location was a design intent. The worksurface moves. So your hard cover reference material is on your desk... your doing your thing, need to check something... pull the reference close... The keyboard tray is angled... what angle, you decide, it's adjustable.
 
this was my school setup. the 37'' in the background is my roommates so i didn't think posting a close up of it would be fair since it's not really "my setup".

JeffsComp017.jpg


once i've settled with my home setup i'll post pictures
 
Anyone with the DoubleSight DS-26 3n monitor? would be nice if some pictures were
posted of it.
 
No this desk is my own creation. Here are some that I did look at...
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.ph...d=5990&zenid=708cac32637f757820b0396816381fa8
http://www.thev1chair.com/images.htm
http://www.poetictech.com/aura/index.html

Each of these is very cool... but in the end they have some "feature" that I didn't like. Actually, using the extrusions allows for even more customizations. You could add a different type of linear motion and attach a side table. The table I built has an actual work surface, that glass top is 17"x30". The Chair itself has a cup older so you could use the side snack surfaces to hold a book or some other widget.

For me, having a fixed keyboard location was a design intent. The worksurface moves. So your hard cover reference material is on your desk... your doing your thing, need to check something... pull the reference close... The keyboard tray is angled... what angle, you decide, it's adjustable.

Ah, sorry about that. It looked a lot like the Roccaforte desk to me. Very nice craftsmanship in any case :).
 
No, it's my kitchen. There are two open entryways where I've put cheap Ikea curtains. Helps absorb sound, etc..
 
Small changes from last year. Mainly the sub is now placed under my desk. Have taken great pains to isolate the subwoofer from leaking bass into the neighbours' apartment.

Have been shopping around for desks. It's amazingly hard to find a simple, symmetrical desk that doesn't have all kinds of cheap-ass "features". Also my camera might be on its last legs, can't seem to get a good focus any more.

left.jpg

front.jpg

right.jpg

Hi very nice setup !
Where did you find the bars , the z5500 hang on ??
 
Here's my setup.... What does everyone think of it? Anyways the lcd is an Acer P241w. Its a great monitor, 3000:1, 2ms. And the monster next to it is a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 case. A great case, highly recommended, same with monitor.

NewComputer001.jpg

NewComputer002.jpg

NewComputer003.jpg

NewComputer004.jpg
 
i was browsing the P241w, i'm glad to see you like it. i would also be using it for HD movies and maybe a PS3 if i can afford it
 
Ya it was a refurb, but in my opinion refurbished is basically the same thing as new. It came with no scratches or anything, and came in original packaging.
 
Back
Top