• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

DSCF2200.JPG

how is that mouse pad? is it a hard surface?
 
how is that mouse pad? is it a hard surface?

Looks like an ICEMAT, it is actually glass. I have owned one (still do, it is in my closet) and it is very good and I enjoyed it, but it is loud when playing. The smoothness of it though cannot be matched from anything I have played on yet.
 
the one on newegg looks square and the one posted by blix looks wide. are they the same edition?
 
the one on newegg looks square and the one posted by blix looks wide. are they the same edition?

I've had mine for awhile now, so I suppose it could be the 1st edition.

Mine is not square, it's wide looks like 9x12
 
whyyy? lol. Its not uncomfortable at all. its all the perfect height, all adjustable. and ive got more space. well, with the shelves.

Dont you get a sore neck from keeping your head turned to see the monitor? I can almost feel the headaches now! :(
 
Well guys, I finally got my desk mount in the mail from geeks.com. Two 24" Sceptre's ^_^ I made a slight upgrade from my 226BW's. I've got a bit to do for wire management, but that shouldn't take long. Enjoy!

Oh and sorry for so many images >_> I can remove a few if needed.

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02501-1.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02512.jpg
 
Dont you get a sore neck from keeping your head turned to see the monitor? I can almost feel the headaches now! :(

haha. well, i took the picture right when i set it up.. and before i critiqued everything. Its good now. Turned to face me a little more. but, its not like im turning completely sideways either.. maybe.. 5-7 degrees head turn to the side.

BTW, sick setup sandman
 
Well guys, I finally got my desk mount in the mail from geeks.com. Two 24" Sceptre's ^_^ I made a slight upgrade from my 226BW's. I've got a bit to do for wire management, but that shouldn't take long. Enjoy!

Nice set up there Sandman. Can I ask what desk that is (Jerker?) and what the dimensions of it is? i.e. how wide and how deep is it?
 
Nice set up there Sandman. Can I ask what desk that is (Jerker?) and what the dimensions of it is? i.e. how wide and how deep is it?

Thanks :D Yea it's a Jerker, and I'm actually at work, but when I get back I get those dimensions for you. thinking of making your own? I've thought about it a few times. Making a new table top for the metal frame. It would be incredibly easy. Thing only thing I might do (for my own preference) is make the wood thicker and a darker color.
 
Yah it crossed my mind :D I mean I could stain it any color I liked that way even though I kinda like how yours looks naturally. Might be cool to just try it out though.
 
Right - Dell 3007 / 2007. This brings the Ergotron stand to its limit.

Real_Bateman, very interesting to see that you got the Ergotron stand to work with the 2007s\3007.

I got the same monitor configuration, and when I emailed Ergotron about what stand would support such a config, and internal account manager said they had none that would.

So what gives? Does it really work? Any issues? did you have to mod or anything?

I really would like a stand for the setup, so info is appreciated.
 
Real_Bateman, very interesting to see that you got the Ergotron stand to work with the 2007s\3007.

I got the same monitor configuration, and when I emailed Ergotron about what stand would support such a config, and internal account manager said they had none that would.

So what gives? Does it really work? Any issues? did you have to mod or anything?

I really would like a stand for the setup, so info is appreciated.


Well - i guess there is no point in cheating you, mmh?

I got the stand in 2004 and before my actual configuration i had a 3-19inch-setup.
i basically gave the issue a try and ordered the dell screens (back in 2006). I just add two new pics. you may see that "at its limit" really is correct. I can´t say much to the official specs by ergotron but - for me - it works quite nicely.


ergo2.JPG

ergo1.JPG






you also may check out my setup before the "update":

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030139595#post1030139595
 
Well - i guess there is no point in cheating you, mmh?

Hey Real_Bateman, just to be clear. I was NOT doubting your setup. I am sure it is 100% legit.

I just want to make sure that you did not have to make any "major" changes or modifications to make it work.

I dont want to buy one just to have it not work. I am not a real handy person ;-)

Thanks
 
Hey Real_Bateman, just to be clear. I was NOT doubting your setup. I am sure it is 100% legit.

I just want to make sure that you did not have to make any "major" changes or modifications to make it work.

I dont want to buy one just to have it not work. I am not a real handy person ;-)

Thanks

No offence taken. As you can see: it is tight - but working. No mods at all.
 
Well - i guess there is no point in cheating you, mmh?

I got the stand in 2004 and before my actual configuration i had a 3-19inch-setup.
i basically gave the issue a try and ordered the dell screens (back in 2006). I just add two new pics. you may see that "at its limit" really is correct. I can´t say much to the official specs by ergotron but - for me - it works quite nicely.


http://www.bichel.de/images/ergo2.JPG


you also may check out my setup before the "update":

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030139595#post1030139595


Nice. Where do you get that stuff that raps around your cords?
 
thats just regular spiral wrap. you can get that just about anywhere.. we bought a 100ft roll for like $20 or something here at work. might have been www.deepsurplus.com if not, just google spiral wrap and you'll get a million hits for it

No it is actually not a spiral wrap, which imho is not very handy for wrapping thick wires.

With this stuff and the pull-in aid wrapping is just a matter of seconds.


kabel.jpg
 
Well - i guess there is no point in cheating you, mmh?

I got the stand in 2004 and before my actual configuration i had a 3-19inch-setup.
i basically gave the issue a try and ordered the dell screens (back in 2006). I just add two new pics. you may see that "at its limit" really is correct. I can´t say much to the official specs by ergotron but - for me - it works quite nicely.

http://www.bichel.de/images/ergo2.JPG
http://www.bichel.de/images/ergo1.JPG

you also may check out my setup before the "update":

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030139595#post1030139595

Oh yea, I remember that post. I think I laid down in the corner of my office crying in the fetal position after seeing all that wonderful stuff! That is the exact monitor configuration I'm hoping to build someday --either that or the Al Gore setup! Thanks for sharing those pics.
 
So, how many people clean up before taking a photo and how many keep their work area like that all the time? :)
 
Well, I hadn't cleaned my apartment for 2 weeks before I took my photos. It's ALWAYS that clean.

I'm a control freak. :D
 
Thanks :D Yea it's a Jerker, and I'm actually at work, but when I get back I get those dimensions for you. thinking of making your own? I've thought about it a few times. Making a new table top for the metal frame. It would be incredibly easy. Thing only thing I might do (for my own preference) is make the wood thicker and a darker color.

I have the Galant desk version, but looks similar. I was considering a mount, but was hesitant because of the desk thickness. I wasn't sure if the desk could take the stress of the monitor and mount, but it looks like you don't have any issues with two monitors. My desk thickness looks to be the same as yours.
 
I have the Galant desk version, but looks similar. I was considering a mount, but was hesitant because of the desk thickness. I wasn't sure if the desk could take the stress of the monitor and mount, but it looks like you do don't have any issues with two monitors. My desk thickness looks to be the same as yours.
I've got a Galant with my 24" monitor mounted on an LCD arm that's clamped to the desktop. I've had no problems at all, so go for it!
 
Thought that I should post my new 30' from DELL..

Here it goes people..:):)

PIC-0012.jpg

PIC-0013.jpg

PIC-0011.jpg


Taken by my crappy mobile phone camera..:):)
 
Back
Top