Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Thanks for posting that Hugin panorama software, it's pretty amazing, I just spent a few minutes playing with it. I love it.

[snip]
It looks like two computers but the tower in the background is actually dead due to corrupted NT files. It's just a base to hold up my top monitor which was a 17" a friend gave away because the power button was broken. (So I fixed it). It's actually 3 monitors being driven from the Shuttle! ^_^ Two on the 8800GT and the top monitor is running on internal 6100 video. It's fantastic, don't know how I ever lived without it. Great for music players, watching TV, etc. since the F.A. Porsche monitor on the left is left in portrait mode for documents and comics. And yeah, there's a 15" CRT from 1985 on the far left, the vertical image stabilization is starting to go on it though.

My favorite LCD in that picture is this one though:
[snip]
Best office/desk clock for almost 25 years!

What's that on the DS? Just curious.

Heh, another MediaPlay user :). The middle-click on mine is going unfortunately, but I think I have another one lying around somewhere...

I love this mouse, mine is totally worn through. The paint is completely going on the top, you can see my palm and where my fingers press. The rubber buttons on the side are worn smooth. The rubber feet rubbed off months ago, the bottom of the unit is getting worn away with the text. I've made homemade mousefeet but it probably won't last long.

Thanks for posting that Hugin panorama software, it's pretty amazing, I just spent a few minutes playing with it. I love it.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/549/panopg6.jpg
It looks like two computers but the tower in the background is actually dead due to corrupted NT files. It's just a base to hold up my top monitor which was a 17" a friend gave away because the power button was broken. (So I fixed it). It's actually 3 monitors being driven from the Shuttle! ^_^ Two on the 8800GT and the top monitor is running on internal 6100 video. It's fantastic, don't know how I ever lived without it. Great for music players, watching TV, etc. since the F.A. Porsche monitor on the left is left in portrait mode for documents and comics. And yeah, there's a 15" CRT from 1985 on the far left, the vertical image stabilization is starting to go on it though.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7812/displayyg5.jpg

My favorite LCD in that picture is this one though:
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6759/marioux5.jpg
Best office/desk clock for almost 25 years!

I heard that it was impossible to have the internal video adn a PCIe Vid running at teh same time. f that is possible, pleas tell me how you did it!!! I have a Foxconn Mobo with a integrated Geforce 6150, and a BFG Geforce 7600 GT OC PCIe x16

IMG_2984.jpg

Since I got a new plasma for the living room here is my new office setup.

002.jpg

42" Westinghouse LCD 1920x1080
003.jpg

Samsung 22" monitor
005.jpg

Got my second 205BW on Christmas, and decided to buy a new desk to fit them better monday.

Before :

p1000144fq2.jpg

After:

p1000150iy8.jpg

lol i got one of those stuffed animals with a heart from my girlfriend lying on the floor as well. hahah.

I heard that it was impossible to have the internal video adn a PCIe Vid running at teh same time. f that is possible, pleas tell me how you did it!!! I have a Foxconn Mobo with a integrated Geforce 6150, and a BFG Geforce 7600 GT OC PCIe x16

I didn't think it was possible either but I tried it and it worked. The 6100 seems to think it's an 8800GT though as the 8800GT drivers just take over the whole system.

1. Might help to do a driver clean, make sure you have the latest drivers for your GeForce 7600. Try to get a dual monitor setup going first. Turn off and plug in your third monitor to the onboard VGA. You don't want your onboard drivers installed, make sure they are cleaned out. I believe this works only because all the components are Nvidia so the driver package works for all of them. I've tried 3 monitors with an ATI card in the PCI-E and Windows would only load the ATI display driver and the 6100 wouldn't even appear in device manager.
2. Set boot first device as onboard
3. Set frame buffer (ram allocated to onboard) to whatever (I set to the lowest, 16MB)
4. Reboot, you should see everything posting on the monitor connected to your onboard and your two monitors connected to the 7600 coming up as blank until you actually get into Windows. If this happens, you're all set. Goto Display Properties and move the screens around until it fits. If you are having trouble with onboard (which is usually vga, perhaps your monitor is not automatically going from dvi to vga mode so manually do it instead).

The internal 6100 comes up listed as a third 8800GT in most programs but the internal settings are all still the 6100's. Operates independantly of your main video card so certain things like ffdshow might need tweaking to get videos to display on it but it all works. Good place to put notes, data, monitoring software etc. because then it won't take up GPU resources on your main videocard.

The onboard is great, that way when upgrading cards, I don't need to have a replacement, it just works or I can wait a few weeks for prices to drop, etc.

cimg3861uw0.jpg

Here is my home setup.

Img_0233.jpg

Xbox is connected with HDMI to the P241W and the PC is connected with DVI to both. The laptop is a Lenovo R61.

Img_0235.jpg

My Windows Home Sever Has an old crappy LCD connected for local access when needed.

Img_0239.jpg

I have my older consoles (PS2 & GC) connected to my old Dell 2005FPW.

Me and my roommate's current setup

14.1" compaq --> 24" acer --> 15.4" synaps --> 22" westinghouse --> 15.4" vostro

s7300320hr1.jpg

s7300308er7.jpg

[
s7300322hl3.jpg

damn you all have a serious case of all5.1speakersinfrontofmeforsomestupidreason disease you should get that checked out ;)

lol totaly agree.

if u want to do that y not buy a mini-hifi that would of done ur stero music needs??

Four Years ago...
93317457yc4.jpg

Three Months ago...
Cramped...
14bc4.jpg

Professional wiring...
15rg9.jpg

Green bed? Blue couch?
16kc6.jpg

Two weeks ago...
58866475me0.jpg

72149086ka0.jpg

76415164no2.jpg

67578494vr0.jpg

Lawl wires.
62226974xb7.jpg

10sy4.jpg

11yx6.jpg

12as8.jpg

damn you all have a serious case of all5.1speakersinfrontofmeforsomestupidreason disease you should get that checked out ;)

for real. Sometimes I feel like the only person with the 2 rear speakers BEHIND me.

I love listening to well mixed 5.1 music :D

Back