• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here's mine,

1.jpg


15.jpg


how much to game on it per hour?

what? it looks like a UG computer cafe
 
how come the orientation of the computer is so odd? Are those 3 fan part of 3 video cards?

Left 2 fans are for the CPU = Q6600. The blank slot in the middle, that is currently filled with a bracket that supports the weight of the laptop (11.5lbs without AC adapter) is where the second MXM IV video card (in this case, 8800m GTX 512MB) would go, if you could get them yet (and you can't. Nvidia does not have SLI drivers for the 8800m GTX 512MB ready ready), and the fan on the right is for the currently installed 8800m GTX 512MB card. The laptop can take up to 3 hard drives (RAID-0/1/5), SLI MXM-IV video cards, and quad core 45nm CPUs up to 1600FSB (with future BIOS firmware upgrades). Someone in another thread called it a mobile desktop, but at 15+ lbs with AC adapter, and battery...not really that mobile!

However, I can bring it to most people's houses and trounce their desktop rigs, which is nice. :D
 
Reposting with my new Canon Rebel XT and my new Samsung LN-T4032 which I got for Christmas!

My altar of wasted time! That old Philips stereo is kinda out of place. I'm just not obligated to buy a new one yet because I never take off my headphones.
6y3u0cz.jpg

6krp3cl.jpg
 
Pretty sweet setup man, good choice on the wallpaper color. The only thing your missin is a new desk and a little cable management under the desk then your good to go. I would suggest an ikea mikael if your looking for something small or a fredrik if your looking for something larger would compliment the setup a little better. Man that's a sweet looking chair.:cool: May I ask what model chair that is and how comfortable the back support is?
 
Wallpaper? Oh, I thought you meant on my computer. No, I painted the walls that color. About the desk, I was going to get a fredrik from Ikea. However, the shipping is absurd and I don't have time to drive down to Atlanta to pick one up. This table is ok for now and yea my cables are pretty bad, I'm aware lol. I just put in that component rack and haven't gotten around to tidying up.
The chair is marine vinyl so its a great bang for the buck and very durable. I got it from staples and it is quite comfortable.
 
I feel you on that, sometimes getting a new desk might not be as easy as it seems. It must weight alot. You shoulda seen the trouble I went through to get a jerker desk. After finding out it was discontinued, the only other way to get it was through craigslist and I don't drive so you could see the potential of it being a pain in the a. So I ended up taking a hour and a half train ride to the city to meet up with the dude and finally hailed a minivan cab after 2 hours of waiting because the desk couldn't fit in the trunk of a regular cab. Then I had to hear the cabby's lifestory on the ride home.:eek: The cab ride came out to 60$. All in all, I still say it was worth it. :cool:
 
I didn't take off anything, thats the way the motherboard is at stock.

@ aardvark: Its a Darkvoice 332.
 
Here is my setup. Ive been using laptops for a long time, and this setup is brand new. I haven't even hooked up the speakers yet. I'm getting a g5 and a mousepad today, so I'm just about done. The monitor has only been up and running for about 15 minutes when this picture was taken. I also need to get some light filtering blinds.

deskgf5.jpg
 
does that speaker bar come off on that gateway 30 incher. i love the monitor but the speaker bar not so much.
 
Those Thinkpads are SMALL!!!


yeah, it's my work laptop - i actually love the small size despite my large hands! very light and portable. unfortunately we're getting new laptops soon, they will be bigger - hp's :(. ah well. progress, as they say
 
Can you post a pic showing ur setup without the speaker bar? Thank you!

i thought it was a weird request, considering the speakerbar comes with the monitor (i think the 24" is sold separately), but when i took it off...i actually like the look (now i just have to figure out hooking up the monitor sound to my sound card)...or more likely, i'll just re-connect it (keeping things simple)!

wbq81f.jpg
 
Fantastic setup. What do you have driving it? Or is your evga 8800gts handling all of it? Strange looking mouse you got there!

no, i'm not a gamer...it's lightweight stuff...an 8800 would be nice, but what i have seems to be doing the trick

nvidia geforce 7600gs w dual link for the gw and one of the samsungs - pci-e slot
gefoece 6200 for the other samsung - pci card slot

i better learn to stick this info in my sig, :) haven't tried it, is it hard to do?
 
Back
Top