Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Yeah, such nice monitors, such shitty speakers. ;)

He's a lefty. Look to the left in the picture. The one on top of the laptop is probably for the laptop itself.

^ yes to both (not the speakers comment - speakers will forever be the least 'gotta have' feature on a large monitor, IMHO...i only really use the sound/speakerbar when i have tv on with picture in picture to watch sports...everything else is via my speaker system connected to the computer)

now back to this packers/giants game...ahhhh, football

I have been wanting to post mine for a while. At last I had some time today to grab some pix.

Here you go:

11ti6.jpg

12ve7.jpg

I have changed my monitors for more consistency - 3 x SyncMaster 931c 19", 2 x Hyundai L90D+ 19", and a single Dell 1901 19":

DCP_0236.JPG

A volunteer at my work suggested that since Nicole Kidman is now pregnant I would require a more desireable subject for my desktop (obviously he's never seen the Demi Moore mag layout), so here is an alternate wallpaper:

DCP_0229.JPG

I have also changed my video hardware to a X1950Pro, X300 128MB, and X300 32MB w/HyperMemory in order to solve issues with certain 3D games and to give me Vista Aeroglass compatibility in a multimonitor environment. I am still using a P5WD2 Premium motherboard - I got the third card to fit by cutting out the back of the x1 PCIe slot, removing the CMOS battery and wiring up a laptop battery as a replacement, and cutting notches in the CMOS battery holder so the video card would fit.

@rtangwai, once the first pictures of the Nicole Kidman wallpapers showed up I wasn't 'impressed' but then noticed your second set and thought wow.. this man has class.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is one of my favorite actresses. The third was use to be one of my avatars on another forum.. ;)

I have changed my monitors for more consistency - 3 x SyncMaster 931c 19", 2 x Hyundai L90D+ 19", and a single Dell 1901 19":

What an awesome setup. What exactly do you do with 6 monitors? I think 3 is perfect, 6 is just awesome.

What an awesome setup. What exactly do you do with 6 monitors? I think 3 is perfect, 6 is just awesome.

Surf six pR0n sites at once of course! :D

I also use it for multitasking - the upper left monitor holds all my Yahoo Widgets, the upper middle my iTunes windows, the upper right my motherboard monitoring, ActiveSync, and Live Messenger. The lower left is my taskbar and desktop icons, the lower right for surfing for cheatcodes, and the lower middle is my primary monitor for 3D gaming. I do database programming and setting up automated OS/applications installers for my work, so I am often running 3 VirtualPC instances. I plan on getting a quadcore and a Foxconn X38a motherboard as soon as the price falls a bit - it will be four times faster than my current PentiumD 930 under these circumstances and I won't have to take a hacksaw to it!

I have also changed my video hardware to a X1950Pro, X300 128MB, and X300 32MB w/HyperMemory in order to solve issues with certain 3D games and to give me Vista Aeroglass compatibility in a multimonitor environment. I am still using a P5WD2 Premium motherboard - I got the third card to fit by cutting out the back of the x1 PCIe slot, removing the CMOS battery and wiring up a laptop battery as a replacement, and cutting notches in the CMOS battery holder so the video card would fit.

Good god. I wanna say that's hardcore... but it just... makes me think ghetto! :p

At first when I saw the display, 3 displays, I was trying to figure out if they were all 24 inchers, then when I saw the second row load up... I was shocked...

Thankfully they're *only* 19"....

A volunteer at my work suggested that since Nicole Kidman is now pregnant I would require a more desireable subject for my desktop (obviously he's never seen the Demi Moore mag layout), so here is an alternate wallpaper:

Your alternate wallpaper (Jennifer Love) is also pregnant. No wonder you have 6 monitors because you are infatuated with pregnant women so you need the desk space when their belly's start to show. :D

I ran into a guy once who liked pregnant chics...had a bumper sticker that read:

"I Love Prego's"

--------------------------

-cmacclel -

I dont know if Id ever drill holes in my desk for routing keyboard/mouse cables. (thats a nice desk you have)

Dont like the feel of wireless?

I ran into a guy once who liked pregnant chics...had a bumper sticker that read:

"I Love Prego's"

--------------------------

-cmacclel -

I dont know if Id ever drill holes in my desk for routing keyboard/mouse cables. (thats a nice desk you have)

Dont like the feel of wireless?

I have been using wireless keyboards and mice since I purchased that desk 2 years ago. Now all the nice keyboards and mice are Bluetooth which absolutely blows for a dual boot system. So I chose to go the wired route once again. Drilling the hole was not a big deal as there always will be a keyboard where the hole is. Also I machined a nice bushing out of black Delrin so it looks factory.

Mac

I have been using wireless keyboards and mice since I purchased that desk 2 years ago. Now all the nice keyboards and mice are Bluetooth which absolutely blows for a dual boot system. So I chose to go the wired route once again. Drilling the hole was not a big deal as there always will be a keyboard where the hole is. Also I machined a nice bushing out of black Delrin so it looks factory.

Mac

it looks great.

Haven't posted any changes in a while, but I have a couple newer items at work:

1-21-2008-2.jpg

1-21-2008-3.jpg

Forgive the quality, my iphone doesn't like the lights in here.

@ extreme4337
I had that same wallpaper up yesterday. Good taste my friend.
Although I'm sure it looks cooler on your LCD than my measly 22" LCD.

Lol. I have the same wallpaper too in my 'Wallpaper list'. Gonna save it for when I get my new 24" monitor. :)

Is it Fredrick desk from IKEA for $119.00? I bought one today + I'm planning to have a matching shelf installed on top to raise monitor(s), currently 20" ACD, will be 3x19" grey Dells...
He's got the flat Jerker. For inexplicable reasons, IKEA discontinued the Jerker in favor of the Fredrik.

Yes, the desk is the Jerker. I got it a few years back, thankfully prior to it being discontinued.

The room is my bedroom, not a computer only room.

Thanks all for the kind words. I've put many hours into cable management so that the only cables seen are the two power connections going to the wall outlet as seen in the picture below.

pc016.jpg

^^^ All your setup now needs is some new wall paint color, some newer blinds (wood finished), and maybe a fake plant.

Back