Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dariuslatamus...

What are your thoughts on your Dell 2407wfp-hc, especially with your ps3? Any problems? I'm trying to find a 2407wfp non-hc rev a.04, but it's been difficult, and I might just spring for a hc version.

Sick setup btw.

desknow.JPG

in with the new
IMG_0354.jpg

westy 22" from target a few days ago

and out with the old

IMG_0357.jpg

my crappy 19" dell that overtime received 6 dead pixels and the worst picture quality monitor ever. Should have bought the ultrasharp one but at the time cost 100 bucks more.

very happy. might go dual monitor if i can find room.

in with the new
IMG_0354.jpg

westy 22" from target a few days ago

and out with the old

IMG_0357.jpg

my crappy 19" dell that overtime received 6 dead pixels and the worst picture quality monitor ever. Should have bought the ultrasharp one but at the time cost 100 bucks more.

very happy. might go dual monitor if i can find room.

I spot beyerdynamic dt770s I think, how do you like them and what headphone amp do you use? and amp price?

I spot beyerdynamic dt770s I think, how do you like them and what headphone amp do you use? and amp price?

The best headphones i ever used. I also own a sennheiser HD580 and there not that bad also. I use an XP amp built by Mister X. Forgot the price as it was a while ago.

what you will do now with it?

not sure atm im prolly just gonna throw it in my closet. At frys, a rotating monitar stand arm kinda thing is 35-40 bucks. Not sure if its worth buyin to use it on my desk to go dual.

Who and what are you babbling about?

I was talking about the Mac keyboard, lol. It almost looks fake or like it is inset into the table. Looks like it would be a bitch to type on and kill your wrists, somewhat like the flat laptop keyboards.

20" Samsung 205BW

DSCF0937.jpg

Did you do that desk mod yourself? Clean up the wires some and I think that would be pretty awesome. Lots of space on the desk now, could really be helpful when doing homework assignments or rollin a fatty.

Yeah. I used basic 1" wide aluminum bar bought at a local hardware store. I used a dremel to cut and shape it.

The wires have been cleaned up, just no recent pics. As you can see from my PC tower, there's not even a mb in it. lol. The desk is great. I can tie everything to it from the back at 90deg angles.

I was waiting on my CPU at the time. :D

dariuslatamus...

What are your thoughts on your Dell 2407wfp-hc, especially with your ps3? Any problems? I'm trying to find a 2407wfp non-hc rev a.04, but it's been difficult, and I might just spring for a hc version.

Sick setup btw.

Thanks.

In terms of the Dell 2407WFP-HC, I find the ghosting very very minimal. I've seen other posts and videos of people who have incredibly bad ghosting but mine in particular is not that bad. The ghosting is really only visible if something is moving on a dark greyish background at a very slow pace.

For instance, take these forums for example..if you go to the main page of these forums and you scroll up and down slowly with your mouse, you will see slight ghosting of the yellow font on the grey background. But if you use the scroll wheel to go up and down you don't notice it at all.

For games, I hardly notice it, if at all. I play all sorts of PC games from MMO's to FPS games and I can't notice it at all.

For PS3, again no problems at all. 1:1 Pixel Mapping works flawlessly as well. Even the XMB..you can scroll through the options and it's perfect. I played Heavenly sword, Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank and they all look beautiful. Also, the Spiderman 3 blu-ray that comes with the system ran perfect as well.

I was in the same boat as you, I had a 2407fpw revision 3 with a broken component input, and I sent it back to Dell to get the rev. 4 specifically, but they just sent me a brand new (not refurbished) 2407wfp-hc. It had 7hrs on it's clicker (probably from testing) and no dead pixels.

My only complaint would be the lack of an HDMI port which resulted in me getting an HDMI switch so I could have my PC/PS3 hooked up through the DVI port using HDMI>DVI cables.

I took a pic of the hidden menu the day I got the screen. Built August 2007; Made in Mexico. Not sure if they're all like this but this might help to distinguish if it has severe ghosting or not.

DELL.jpg

If you end up getting the 2407wfp-hc, you won't be disappointed.

- darius

and out with the old

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/fudontbugme/IMG_0357.jpg[IMG]
my crappy 19" dell that overtime received 6 dead pixels and the worst picture quality monitor ever. Should have bought the ultrasharp one but at the time cost 100 bucks more.[/QUOTE]

LOL that is the monitor that was on an episode of House. He had it in his office and him and his team were looking at an xray or something and he said something like, "Stupid cheapass monitor I wish I had an HD. Why cant they just give me an HD?" so then he took the team down to a conference room and they looked at the xray on a big HD lcd. Because of the "HD" they were able to see something in the xray that they hadent before. HAHA good times!:p

zmjone2992
what dvd is that? gotta love incubus

It's When Incubus Attacks Vol. 2. I think I've seen most of them out there, and by far I'd recommend this one the most if you are into their more psychedelic ways.

Except judging by apparent size to the keyboard, I would say they're actually 22's or 24's.

Nope, they are both 3007-HC monitors, I did actually have dual 24" Dells and 30" Dells at the same time but I couldn't handle the space :D

desk.JPG

Thought i would post some pics of my home setup since going home for thanksgiving break.
What you can't see in the picture is the very long dvi cable that connects the tv to my htpc. Usually use the tv while lying in bed and watching stuff on the pc or surfing the web, otherwise ill use a normal monitor. And since the 360 does a great job upconverting dvds I use that more now than the pc.
I'll post pics of my setup at school hopefully soon...

2 19s and a 22 :) It not as fancy as some of the ones on here but i sure like it! And my M1710 is nice for gaming on the go or "college" as I call it :p It is a good setup for researching/typing papers and such though.

Thanks.

In terms of the Dell 2407WFP-HC, I find the ghosting very very minimal. I've seen other posts and videos of people who have incredibly bad ghosting but mine in particular is not that bad. The ghosting is really only visible if something is moving on a dark greyish background at a very slow pace.

For instance, take these forums for example..if you go to the main page of these forums and you scroll up and down slowly with your mouse, you will see slight ghosting of the yellow font on the grey background. But if you use the scroll wheel to go up and down you don't notice it at all.

For games, I hardly notice it, if at all. I play all sorts of PC games from MMO's to FPS games and I can't notice it at all.

For PS3, again no problems at all. 1:1 Pixel Mapping works flawlessly as well. Even the XMB..you can scroll through the options and it's perfect. I played Heavenly sword, Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank and they all look beautiful. Also, the Spiderman 3 blu-ray that comes with the system ran perfect as well.

I was in the same boat as you, I had a 2407fpw revision 3 with a broken component input, and I sent it back to Dell to get the rev. 4 specifically, but they just sent me a brand new (not refurbished) 2407wfp-hc. It had 7hrs on it's clicker (probably from testing) and no dead pixels.

My only complaint would be the lack of an HDMI port which resulted in me getting an HDMI switch so I could have my PC/PS3 hooked up through the DVI port using HDMI>DVI cables.

I took a pic of the hidden menu the day I got the screen. Built August 2007; Made in Mexico. Not sure if they're all like this but this might help to distinguish if it has severe ghosting or not.

DELL.jpg

If you end up getting the 2407wfp-hc, you won't be disappointed.

- darius

If I can't find a rev. a04 by Christmas, I'll probably spring for a 2407wfp. Which hdmi switch did you get? If it's not too much of a bother to tell, how exactly did you set up your ps3/pc to your monitor?

Thanks!

Nope, they are both 3007-HC monitors, I did actually have dual 24" Dells and 30" Dells at the same time but I couldn't handle the space :D

desk.JPG

Then wow the g15 is a lot larger than my old logitech mx keyboard. My mx doesn't even stretch the span of the 20"W on my side monitor where as compared to my 37", it's barely half the screen. But in the picture you just posted it's easier to see the size.

Whenever I see setups like this with multiple keyboards I just can't help but wonder why you're not using synergy. It's like a KM switch except you don't get the delay if you're on the main computer and it operates over your local network. Set up a quick toggle button on your mouse and all it takes to switch computers is one mouse click. I use it on my setup to use 3 computers at once with little effort. It's quite glorious and it would simplify your setup a lot. I mean I doubt you can fit two people at that desk at once...

Check it out at (it's open source): http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Btw, I have that same logitech keyboard, I love it.

Whenever I see setups like this with multiple keyboards I just can't help but wonder why you're not using synergy.
Synergy isn't always useful in all situations. Whereas I agree it is useful if you have one machine that will always be on whenever the others are, then yes it is useful. However if you don't have that, it's pretty useless.

New screen :D

dscf3914ck7.jpg

It's a DGM 24"... however unlike other budget monitors it uses a VA based panel (similar to that in the Dell 24" and BenQ 24", possibly the same one).

New screen :D

dscf3914ck7.jpg

It's a DGM 24"... however unlike other budget monitors it uses a VA based panel (similar to that in the Dell 24" and BenQ 24", possibly the same one).

Looks like you loved my BG :D Very nice setup, clean What kind of speakers are those?

They're KEF Cresta 10s, Hi Fi speakers that I have hooked up to an amp then to my PC and 360 :)

And thanks for the background :D

Whenever I see setups like this with multiple keyboards I just can't help but wonder why you're not using synergy. It's like a KM switch except you don't get the delay if you're on the main computer and it operates over your local network. Set up a quick toggle button on your mouse and all it takes to switch computers is one mouse click. I use it on my setup to use 3 computers at once with little effort. It's quite glorious and it would simplify your setup a lot. I mean I doubt you can fit two people at that desk at once...

Check it out at (it's open source): http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Btw, I have that same logitech keyboard, I love it.

I have a mini keyboard on order, so the bigger one on the left will be gone. I can see how synergy is beneficial, but not sure I want something like that. Does it work in FPS games? The only reason I ask is because usually they constantly center your mouse to prevent you from hitting the edges. Definitely love the elite keyboard. Too bad logitech stopped supporting it with Vista.

I got them when they were on offer for a bargain price of £50, they're £100 at most online places now and £120 in the store I bought them :)

Edit: You're in Chicago so $100, $200 and $240 :p

Back