• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

hey thanks a lot for the link. On a sidenote, If there is a track record developed by this car for a few yr., and there is a roof, I would buy one
 
hey thanks a lot for the link. On a sidenote, If there is a track record developed by this car for a few yr., and there is a roof, I would buy one

The Ariel Atom is similar to this car but a fair bit faster, cheaper too... although still no roof.

Not a bad car. BTW your room wallpaper color looks nice. And also can you tell me what kind of desk that is? It looks like it has a huge surface area.

It's paint, not wallpaper :) and the desk is from Ikea, called a Jonas.
 
hey Raikiri

where do you live? im from England, and i cant seem to find DGM monitors for sale over here!

any thoughts?

loving your setup!
 
England too, bought it from OcUK :) They've gone up in price a little to £250 as I bought it when it was on weekend special.

It's listed as OcUK value btw.
 
[snip]
New amazingness:

http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/justin/Other/setup/new1.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/justin/Other/setup/new2.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/justin/Other/setup/new3.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/justin/Other/setup/new4.JPG

-------------------------------------------

Other stuff in the picture included the new G15 Keyboard, the MX Revolution Mouse, Sony MDR V300 Headphones, Nintendo Wii, and Logitech X-230 speakers for now. Getting the Z5500s soon though.

very nice super clean looking setup and I especially love the orange accent of the new G15 with your walls and the indirect lighting from behind the LCDs.. it all flows velly velly nicely. :)
 
Originally Posted by GCTonyHawk7
[snip]
New amazingness:

http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/jus...setup/new1.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/jus...setup/new2.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/jus...setup/new3.JPG
http://www.zeldalinks.net/hosted/jus...setup/new4.JPG

-------------------------------------------

Other stuff in the picture included the new G15 Keyboard, the MX Revolution Mouse, Sony MDR V300 Headphones, Nintendo Wii, and Logitech X-230 speakers for now. Getting the Z5500s soon though.

very nice super clean looking setup and I especially love the orange accent of the new G15 with your walls and the indirect lighting from behind the LCDs.. it all flows velly velly nicely. :)

I really like the Orange backlight on the new G15s. If only they kept the flap LCD and the volume control.
 
The Ariel Atom is similar to this car but a fair bit faster, cheaper too... although still no roof.

Ariel atom looks ugly. But go back to the other car, I just notice something. The co. is in Italy. They haven't sell any car until spring 2008. So how can the driver's wheel be on the left? In Italy, I thought the wheel is on the right?
 
jesus what monitor is that its fucking amazing.

No, Not really, the contrast ratio is crap (still better than my old BenQ from 2 years ago), clearly shown in the movie trailers with some white on the screen. Look at the black, clearly some contamination into the black.
So no, not "amazing" and it was not "1080p" the most he could get is 720p.

Is that all I could help you guys with today?
 
They are indeed nice speakers. Are they Quad 11L's?

If only... they're KEF Cresta 10s :)


Ariel atom looks ugly. But go back to the other car, I just notice something. The co. is in Italy. They haven't sell any car until spring 2008. So how can the driver's wheel be on the left? In Italy, I thought the wheel is on the right?

I assume they make them to order, considering the type of car they are... or they done a horizontal flip in photoshop :p

No, Not really, the contrast ratio is crap (still better than my old BenQ from 2 years ago), clearly shown in the movie trailers with some white on the screen. Look at the black, clearly some contamination into the black.
So no, not "amazing" and it was not "1080p" the most he could get is 720p.

Is that all I could help you guys with today?

Actually the contrast ratio is just fine, the exposure time was a little long on that shot hence the 'contamination'.

Also, the monitor can do 1080p as its native resolution is 1920x1200.

Is that all I could help you with today?
 
No, Not really, the contrast ratio is crap (still better than my old BenQ from 2 years ago), clearly shown in the movie trailers with some white on the screen. Look at the black, clearly some contamination into the black.
So no, not "amazing" and it was not "1080p" the most he could get is 720p.

Is that all I could help you guys with today?

Do you just enjoy crapping on nearly every set-up you see in this thread? How about posting a picture of your set-up? If you understood the way a camera works, you'd know that exposure values can make or break how a monitor appears in a photo. Contrast, color saturation, color accuracy, sharpness, black levels, white balance, etc for the most part, are determined by how the shot is taken and the sensor/lens shooting it.

If you overexpose a shot, the monitor will look like crap no matter what kind of set-up you're running, underexpose it or take a flash shot during one of the refreshes and the monitor will appear like it's either really dark or not even on, :rolleyes: shoot out of focus and the monitor will of course be blurry, shoot at 1.4 and a small portion of the shot will be in focus and everything else will be bokeh, shoot with a fisheye and your monitor will look like a dish, etc, etc, none of which have anything to do with how the monitor acutally looks like in person. In my opinion, it's pretty hard to judge a monitor from just a snapshot and the only firm thing that I can really tell when I look at one is if the owner took a shot of the monitor with a black background to show light bleed. I know I've seen a few shots here that looked great (ie Westinghouse 24") but when I went to check out the monitor/tv in store, I was a little dissapointed and vice versa.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming. ;) Let's see some more Westy 37"/42" set-ups please! I'm dying to upgrade already and need an excuse to go down to BB. :p
 
Yep I do...

Scaling on it is great with 16:10 resolutions so 1680x1050 looks brilliant, 4:3 look good as well. In the following pics the Crysis one is at 1680x1050.

Actually the contrast ratio is just fine, the exposure time was a little long on that shot hence the 'contamination'.

Also, the monitor can do 1080p as its native resolution is 1920x1200.

Is that all I could help you with today?

Oh, ok, I saw that post about it being 1680X1050 and scaling of 4:3 content, so I assumed it was a 22" monitor.

I clicked on the little red arrow that takes you to the post it was quoted from and I saw that.
Hmm, mixup.

Anyway, EWW, poor contrast ratio.

Personally I am saving up for this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8580733&type=product&id=1190676939795
So I have no money to waste on silly old 24" monitors. My BenQ FP72G+s is fine for the size of my desk.
 
Do you just enjoy crapping on nearly every set-up you see in this thread? How about posting a picture of your set-up? If you understood the way a camera works, you'd know that exposure values can make or break how a monitor appears in a photo. Contrast, color saturation, color accuracy, sharpness, black levels, white balance, etc for the most part, are determined by how the shot is taken and the sensor/lens shooting it.

If you overexpose a shot, the monitor will look like crap no matter what kind of set-up you're running, underexpose it or take a flash shot during one of the refreshes and the monitor will appear like it's either really dark or not even on, :rolleyes: shoot out of focus and the monitor will of course be blurry, shoot at 1.4 and a small portion of the shot will be in focus and everything else will be bokeh, shoot with a fisheye and your monitor will look like a dish, etc, etc, none of which have anything to do with how the monitor acutally looks like in person. In my opinion, it's pretty hard to judge a monitor from just a snapshot and the only firm thing that I can really tell when I look at one is if the owner took a shot of the monitor with a black background to show light bleed. I know I've seen a few shots here that looked great (ie Westinghouse 24") but when I went to check out the monitor/tv in store, I was a little dissapointed and vice versa.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming. ;) Let's see some more Westy 37"/42" set-ups please! I'm dying to upgrade already and need an excuse to go down to BB. :p

The 37's I believe are great (almost got one through the costco deal but UPS f-ed up my package), however the TX42 is a bit too compromised in its price range. I had an excuse to go to BB and upgraded to a 4066f over BF, for less than what I paid for the TX42. I would have returned the TX42 if I could have but since I can't (bought in july, wayyy past 30 day period), the wife got an upgrade from 21.3 to 42";). She's not as picky as I am and is if anything still impressed with its size. In the future it'll be the kids TV for dvds and what not
 
Oh, ok, I saw that post about it being 1680X1050 and scaling of 4:3 content, so I assumed it was a 22" monitor.

I clicked on the little red arrow that takes you to the post it was quoted from and I saw that.
Hmm, mixup.

Anyway, EWW, poor contrast ratio.

Personally I am saving up for this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8580733&type=product&id=1190676939795
So I have no money to waste on silly old 24" monitors. My BenQ FP72G+s is fine for the size of my desk.
do you know that this lcd has only 720p! you can get 1080p for less or same money.
 
do you know that this lcd has only 720p! you can get 1080p for less or same money.

its a plasma. i dont know of ANY lcds at that size doing 1080p for that price. at least not any reputable companies.
 
If that is a good plasma, around 1400 is a great price for it, even if it is 720p. If he is watching movies on it, i would go with it, if that was all his budget could afford. Their blacks are far better then every other tv type besides crt i think.
 
You do realise that isn't actually 15,000:1 contrast ratio in static terms, at best it's ~2,000:1, also some of the best (and most expensive) projectors in the world 'only' have a contrast ratio of 1200:1...
IDK, it doesn't say dynamic contrast ratio, so I believe it will still have better contrast than anything at about the same price.


do you know that this lcd has only 720p! you can get 1080p for less or same money.
Eh, it is a Plasma... a 42" 1080p Plasma is around 1800.... and that is a Phillips I believe... Phillips aren't too bad, they aren't as innovative as they used to be however.

its a plasma. i dont know of ANY lcds at that size doing 1080p for that price. at least not any reputable companies.

42" 1080p Westinghouse for about 1100, still... Westinghouse is more budget, but last time I went into Best Buy it seems to be the only one in the store with the brightness and contrast NOT out of line.... The Pioneers still looked the best (albeit 2000+ price tag) ^_^

Still 720P :-/

I'd save up and get 1080P, you get like over twice the pixels.

I would agree with you if this was over 60" and was used for daily computer usage.
It is not, therefore 720p is fine.

If that is a good plasma, around 1400 is a great price for it, even if it is 720p. If he is watching movies on it, i would go with it, if that was all his budget could afford. Their blacks are far better then every other tv type besides crt i think.

Yes, I cannot look at a gray screen when watching a dark movie. My second choice is a Panasonic AX200U: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-.../model.PT-AX200U-EC_11002_7000000000000005702

Any size picture I want but no tuner, and more tweaking with a projector, and I don't have a screen.
Anywho, who wants to sit in the dark to watch the Super Bowl?!?!
 
If that is a good plasma, around 1400 is a great price for it, even if it is 720p. If he is watching movies on it, i would go with it, if that was all his budget could afford. Their blacks are far better then every other tv type besides crt i think.
Racist! :-P

There are a few technologies that surpass plasma, but for the general consumer you are correct.
 
Less talk, more pics :D

...it has been a little chatty lately, i'll post these up again just to get things going...

gateway 30" flanked by two princeton 17"s pivoted vertically

82dx7c1.jpg


apple ibook + samsung 225bw run dual screen

71y6q8l.jpg


...ikea desks for the zen look, of course :D

there it is...let's see the photos!
 
why buy plasma?! lcds are a lot sharper. people buy plasma because of the word imo.
 
Stop chatting and post pics!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I need my fix!!!

zentech,
Nice setups, and I sure hope there wasn't pun intended on that Ikea statement, LOL
 
BrinNutz, I cleaned my office, I will take a couple of pictures of my tiny Office/gaming/DAW setup, and you can then poke holes at it.

Hopefully that will provide a fix. :p
 
I've updated my setup recently. Heres my college setup:

edit: my walls dont really look that yellowish, i just suck at taking pictures =(.

07s1.jpg

07s2.jpg

07s3.jpg
 
xdesix:
What television is that, and also the stand which you are using? Thanks.

the tv is a 46" samsung DLP, not an LCD but oh well it works great and was cheap. the stand was some random stand i got from circuit city, i can't remember the name nor the model and i think they stopped selling it.
 
mhhhmmm what speakers? Oh and lol at plasmas not being better...Anyone who has seen pioneers elite tv's knows what i mean....those things are honestly the best tvs I have ever seen.
 
the tv is a 46" samsung DLP, not an LCD but oh well it works great and was cheap. the stand was some random stand i got from circuit city, i can't remember the name nor the model and i think they stopped selling it.

its a z-line brand model number 23541s working in the warehouse at circuit city for 3 years will cause you to know the exact model of a stand at first sight.
 
Back
Top