Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

my setup

panoramajx4.jpg

That's exactly what it is. I didnt even notice it until I saw those pictures. It has since been removed, as well as the one covering the Dell logo on the back. :D

I left mine on and I am not taking it off. I leave it there and tell the kids that old people like to have plastic cover on thing to keep them new :D

Well, here are the pics of my new desk setup...I moved since last post here and here's the pic of everything the way it was at my parents:
dsc00048copy7en.jpg

And now after, at my house in the Computer/Entertainment Room:
On my way home from my monthly Reserve Duty, I decided to check craigslist before I left a rest stop in Chicago. So, I checked it on my mobile (XV6700), and found a Jerker for $100...I asked him about what kind of deal we could work out, and he said $80, and it just so happened he was right off of I-94 ahead of me right on my way home, so I stopped and threw it in my 95 Camry! LOL, it fit, with the truck popped open though...I then asked if he could throw in the Bookshelf (Not put together yet, it's a whole separate piece). And I got a wall mountable magazine rack, all matching all from Ikea. =)

Did the best I could with the wiring...As you can see it's a jumble of zip ties and it doesn't look as bad as the pic shows, but you can only see a few power wires coming down from the back as they aren't long enough to route down the sides.

dsc00051to6.jpg

dsc00047te6.jpg

dsc00055gt9.jpg

dsc00056bv0.jpg

dsc00057na3.jpg

dsc00053rb1.jpg

dsc00052ln6.jpg

Man, I haven't seen Monsoon PC speakers in years! I loved mine way back when.

Nice LCD, too!

my set-up:

HP DV6000 series Laptop,
Logitech Z-530 5.1 Speakers,
Creative DDTS Decoder,
WD 500GB HDD,
Playstation 3,
BenQ FP241WZ Monitor

Ye i know the wires make it look very messy, i need to figure out how to hide them.

what app is that running? the nero media center? or is that the ps3?

Rather dumb question here....how do you post a screenshot on the forum? I have the screenshot in GIF. Thanks

I have a photobucket.com account.. There are several different sites that can host your pictures.. Image Shack is another site. I simply prefer photobucket.. It's really easy. You can go to www.photobucket.com and create a FREE account. Once it's created, you can immediately begin uploading your pictures there. Simply copy the "link" (it's called the IMG CODE on photobucket) of the picture and then "paste" that link in this typing area. It will typically look like this:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.. [IMIG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e25555/officermmmmartinez/Project%20Lian%20Li%20PC-7A/DSCN8969.jpg[/IMIG]

roflmao nice old school Spider bolt on your desk Mark305TBI. I remember when i played with one of those POS.

Update:
Finished the bookshelf and got the room cleaned up.

dsc00060lv4.jpg

And I have to Logitech Dinovo Edge for when I want to browse forums from the couch..I just maximize the page and zoom in a little bit and I can read the text from across the room..it's awesome.

What size LCD? If it a 24" it doesnt look like your running the right res.

If it's a 24", it has a 1920x1200 native res while the game would run at a max of 1920x1080 and would have black bars on the top/bottom. What looks wrong with his setup?

What size LCD? If it a 24" it doesnt look like your running the right res.

Greetings,

It is indeed the 24" as nite0 guessed. The displayed resolution is indeed at 1920x1080p and the monitor does indeed have a native res of 1920x1200. Since the screen is running at 1920x1080, there are black bars above and below the displayed image.

for those of you with 37" LCDs that run 1366x768, do you find the pixel size and/or dot pitch to be too poor for computer use? i've been toying with the idea of getting one as a tv/movie/computer screen, but i'm used to a 20" 1680x1050. this has sort of scared me about getting an LCD TV, and led me to think that a 24" 1920x1200 would be a better choice (and i could also upgrade the graphics card to run that res for less than the cost of a 37" TV anyway).

My recently purchased HP LP3065. I really should do something about the birds nest tho :eek:

I love your setup... It's not too special but everything I could ever use right where you have it. :D I need a new desk :'( lol

Edit: Got that same Thermaltake case downstairs. :p

lmao, good thing you didn't post this picture in the "rate my cables" thread haha...those guys would have a heart attack...but <3 the setup

yeah but do you really except to have a head as a wallpaper.. I would rather just put a naked girl on instead :D

for those of you with 37" LCDs that run 1366x768, do you find the pixel size and/or dot pitch to be too poor for computer use? i've been toying with the idea of getting one as a tv/movie/computer screen, but i'm used to a 20" 1680x1050. this has sort of scared me about getting an LCD TV, and led me to think that a 24" 1920x1200 would be a better choice (and i could also upgrade the graphics card to run that res for less than the cost of a 37" TV anyway).

I run my 37" above @ 1920x1080...It's awesome..I can even grab my wireless KB and head to the couch and surf the web from there, it's great!

I came from 24" Dell with 1920x1200 and this my friend, is an upgrade.

Back