• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I run my 37" above @ 1920x1080...It's awesome..I can even grab my wireless KB and head to the couch and surf the web from there, it's great!

I came from 24" Dell with 1920x1200 and this my friend, is an upgrade.

yes...but i'm talking about 1366x768. i will probably not end up buying a 720p LCD TV since they are not that good of a value (1080p westy can be had for like ~$100 more...). i imagine the 37" must have a lot more presence and dramatic effect; is the text and everything still legible at...1'-2'?
 
firey, I can read the text from my couch...but I have great eyesight..sometimes from my Dinovo Edge I bump up the zoom on the webpages so I don't have to strain..but from 2-3 ft away it's perfectly clear @ 1080p...here's a pic from where I sit :

dsc00066tj3.jpg



My camera is pretty crappy and washed out all of the color...poo..but that's the text from a POV shot from my chair..
 
that monitor only have dsub right? how do you like it z3r0- ?

VGA, HDMI, component, composit, and svideo ;)

Aside from the input lag you are forced to live with when you buy a *VA panel, it's amazing. HUGE step up in PQ from my 22" TN panel. Lovin every bit of it so far.
 
On my LVM37-w3 I used to lay in my bed and use the net, roughly 7 feet away from the monitor. Without adjusting anything.
 
Very messy, but only temporary anyway...




Westinghouse 42" TX series 1080P currently being fed by an Athlon 64 3200+ w/ a Radeon 9600XT 256MB. Hoping to upgrade that video to something more respectable really soon. :p
 
Very messy, but only temporary anyway...




Westinghouse 42" TX series 1080P currently being fed by an Athlon 64 3200+ w/ a Radeon 9600XT 256MB. Hoping to upgrade that video to something more respectable really soon. :p

you don't get neck strains when you put your screen up that high?
 
depends where he sits and what he's sitting on. Some chairs can go 45degree angles making it very relaxing to see that monitor that high..

Exactamundo, my chair reclines making for a very nice experience.... although the main reason it's up that high is because it's easy to see from the bed, and I usually leave it on for at least a couple of hours at bedrome. :)
 
Here's my new setup in NYC after getting the 2707. It's brilliant.

A little Top Gear...
setup1.jpg


setup2.jpg


setup3.jpg


The view out that window.
viewweb.jpg


Here's the Westy 37 for HD-DVDs on the 360.
tv.jpg
 
Z3r0's desk looks a lot like mine which I got from officemax, though its not the same. Mine has a central pillar. My gf's looks similar also but has a larger middle section with a keyboard drawer on it, which I got from officedepot.

This is a link to mine, though I put the main monitor in the middle.

http://www.osullivan-furniture-online.com/osullivan_11860.html

Here is a pic of my setup right after I set it up. I need to get an updated pic. :rolleyes:

http://www.3dalchemist.com/images/westinghouse_37w3/westy-FullDesk-B_10-31-06.jpg

My gf likes her desk better because it doesn't have the central pillar-box like mine, and because is has an unchamfered back to the middle section (a full corner), and a big keyboard drawer in the middle section. I can try to look up her model desk later on if you want.

I like mine because it is lower than her desk - low enough to use the entire desk surface for my keyboard and mouse instead of having to be limited to a keyboard drawer. I also like the color.
 
hey escapist13 whats the name of that wall desk setup your using please.
i like alot :)

looks like some think ikea would sell :)
 
hey escapist13 whats the name of that wall desk setup your using please.
i like alot :)

looks like some think ikea would sell :)

Close, it's actually from Crate and Barrel (Sloan leaning shelves). It works out pretty well if you can mount your monitor on the back wall to gain back some of the desk space that the monitor stand would've used.
 
desknew.jpg


Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put my 2405...? Jerker, although I love thee you have become too small for my needs :(
 
Hey escapist13, beautiful setup I really like it. But I would like to know how are you watching television on your dell 27". thanks
 
Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put my 2405...? Jerker, although I love thee you have become too small for my needs :(
Time to move up to the Galant. It offers many more configurations.
 
Eh kind of. It's 7th Ave up near the park.

oh :( I guess the NYC rooftops all look similar, eh? I swear, when I saw that picture, I was in my office, and I started looking around outside, it looked so close to what I see out of my window at work (44th btw 3rd and Lex) :) But then I started thinking that it was my office view from a previous job (20th and Park)
 
do you mind if I ask you how much that AMP ran ($) you ?

That one in particular ran for $2400 for the two-box solution. The one-box amp cost about $1800. I think the bare minimum to make your own will run you at most $1000. There is a lot of labor involved in making an amp like this, so keep that in mind if you want to build your own.
 
Haha, I'm glad everyone enjoys my setup. That lamp is an Ott-lite Vero. It tends to be a bit on the bright side but its one of those "ergonomic" lamps so the light it produces is very clear.
 
Ott-lite's are very awesome. I have one and they're definitely worth the price.
 
Back
Top