Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

left.jpg

mid.jpg

right.jpg

^^^Nice!

How much do you guys earn to afford 30+" screens?:eek: At least then I'll know what kind of pay to demand once I start working. :cool:

Even though I don't post much here, here's an updated picture of my setup

cimg1230je2.jpg

Westy 32", Klipsch promedias, 360, etc etc.

I take full blame for the shitty quality picture.

I was wondering what mount are you using to put the Sharp up? Since you got a 3007WFP-HC, do you ever use the sharp as a pc monitor?

I'm using the plasma/lcd wall mount from monoprice which cost a whopping.....$25 :D
I couldn't believe the price, but I have to say it works great. I have no worries about it being able to support the GP1U. the design is a basically a clone of the peerless mount that I used to mount a plasma in my bedroom. Only the peerless branded one cost like 10X more!

$25 mount:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1082801&p_id=3003&seq=1&format=2&style=

In the daytime (if I'm working from home) I'll use the GP1U as a secondary monitor. In the evenings I'll mostly use it as a HDTV to watch tv while surfing at the same time.

The stands are B-Tech Stealth BT11. I got them at Best Buy for CAN$85 at a retail location. I don't see them on their website anymore, they must have been selling through their stock because I know that's a decent price. They're a great investment. I didn't bother opening my rears to remove the feet. I just snapped the fuckers off.

The desk is from Ikea. They don't make it anymore. It's actually a desk and 3 "Vika Annefors" shelf units underneath and beside, which are also from IKEA and are still being sold. I slide the Vikas in and out depending on the requirements of the task at hand. That's why the left one's out a little further in the photos (which is bugging me, I'll have to re-shoot them). The main desk surface is for mouse, keyboard, and beverage only. The sides are used for eating, writing, stacks of paper when I'm working, etc.

It may be 'cool', but I could never get by with only 1 computer (especially only 1 computer running Windows!).

I have other computers... but yeah they do all run Windows. My next laptop will probably be a Mac though.

Subwoofer's on a stand because I have downstairs neighbours, and I actually like the tighter, less boomy sound it gives when the sub is elevated.

What do you mean is that a joke? You don't think my system is cool looking?

Hey man, no disrespect, I just think the desk is kinda cheese filled. I'm not a fan of white though. Comp is sweet though. Havent seen that coolermaster in a while. Looked at it when I got my Tsunami. Great idea with the shelfing underneath. I personally would need Lots of room for my feet, and girlfriend.

Oh, and surround is is not so important that I have to work the maze to my desk each time. Cables are made from satans sinew. Need to be covered.

ballpoint, is the case alluminium? very pretty speakers stands and case.

lcds1.jpg

lcds2.jpg

Slight update: Rigged (ghetto, cardboard is involved) the top server monitor to have an optimal tilt down towards me. Also got a stand for the 20WMGX2. Using Synergy to control both computers.

Slight update: Rigged (ghetto, cardboard is involved) the top server monitor to have an optimal tilt down towards me. Also got a stand for the 20WMGX2. Using Synergy to control both computers.

OMFG that is sWEEET!!! What kind of fridge is that?!? :D

Just redid my old setup after getting this desk from OfficeDepot over the weekend. PC is a 3 yr old P4 with a top of the line 9600 VC:D :D

Will be doing a complete overhaul of my PC in 2 weeks...have the cash ready but will wait for the new price-cuts before dishing out $1400 (with Vista).

My beloved Koi also deserve HF love.....got these puppies from a old lady when I was renting in San Francisco 5 yrs ago and they were tiny.....now they hold their special spot in my family room right next to my setup.

Frag

Hey man, no disrespect, I just think the desk is kinda cheese filled.

To each his own. Have to admit your comment annoys the shit out of me. Let's see your desk.... well what do you know, I'm not impressed with yours either. I think we had the same idea as far as workspace design, but your execution is uninspired and, as you might expect, looks cheesy to me.

I had that keyboard, but the bluetooth was unreliable so I opted for the plain RF version. I love it, and the 10-key remote's handy. We have similar mice too. Don't hate, appreciate.

Just redid my old setup after getting this desk from OfficeDepot over the weekend. PC is a 3 yr old P4 with a top of the line 9600 VC:D :D

Will be doing a complete overhaul of my PC in 2 weeks...have the cash ready but will wait for the new price-cuts before dishing out $1400 (with Vista).

<snip>

My beloved Koi also deserve HF love.....got these puppies from a old lady when I was renting in San Francisco 5 yrs ago and they were tiny.....now they hold their special spot in my family room right next to my setup.

<snip>

Frag
Im sure you got your inspiration for your desk from me!:D I was planning on doing the same thing as you when I got my 2407wfp in order to clear the two shelves. Also FYI depending on how much your pc weighs I think those top shelves are only rated for 25 lbs.

One decent computer is way better than a bunch of outdated PCs
True, if all you want to do is one resource-intensive task, such as gaming. If however you want to do a number of different tasks, all requiring different hardware & software (including different OSes) then multiple slower computers is far better.

and honestly who cares about Macs
Usually I am of exactly the same opinion, however Apple have extremely good student discounts (including a free upgrade from 1 to 3 years warranty), so the answer to that question is 'me'.

This is my dads setup. The lcd is the dell 1704fpv. I love that monitor it has such a great image quality. His desktop is a dell e510 that I sold to him when I got my laptop. The notebook towards the back of the desk is the dell inspiron 4150, that is one solid ht p4 machine. The notebook in the front is my HP. I will post pics of my setup when I eventually get my 2407wfp.
DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) If you dont like it that is your opinion,and yours is just as valid as mine :p

Dont like it ? ...dont read it,skip it,put me on ignore,whatever...

Hey buddy, calm down. Its hard to pull what I meant with what I said. It just makes me assume that you love confrontation despite your "peaceful" post. I said I liked his setup, so the coment was not needed.

To each his own. Have to admit your comment annoys the shit out of me. Let's see your desk.... well what do you know, I'm not impressed with yours either. I think we had the same idea as far as workspace design, but your execution is uninspired and, as you might expect, looks cheesy to me.

I had that keyboard, but the bluetooth was unreliable so I opted for the plain RF version. I love it, and the 10-key remote's handy. We have similar mice too. Don't hate, appreciate.

What is wrong with you people. You asked for my opinion, I didnt ask for yours based on my reaction. All I was sayin that without the shelfing underneath it looks like the desk it put together with quater-inch plywood. Otherwise the setup was very intuitive. And you never would have posted a comment about my setup till I posted one about yours. Grow up. It's fine for you. And remember you asked for my opinion. Expect some criticism.

What is wrong with you people. You asked for my opinion, I didnt ask for yours based on my reaction. All I was sayin that without the shelfing underneath it looks like the desk it put together with quater-inch plywood. Otherwise the setup was very intuitive. And you never would have posted a comment about my setup till I posted one about yours. Grow up. It's fine for you. And remember you asked for my opinion. Expect some criticism.

It was your tone. You asked if it was a joke when someone stated their opinion that I have one of the coolest looking setups on the board. That's your indirect way of saying you think my setup is ugly.

No I wouldn't have remarked on your desk because it's completely unremarkable. After asking the guy if he was joking about my setup, you said "I'd like to see yours." You should probably expect some criticism of your own setup after that kind of comment. So I would ask that you grow up.

G]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/thefewtheproud/DSCN0249.jpg[/IMG]
DSCN0248.jpg

G]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/thefewtheproud/DSCN0247.jpg[/IMG]
G]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/thefewtheproud/DSCN0246.jpg[/IMG]
G]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/thefewtheproud/DSCN0245.jpg[/IMG]
G]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/thefewtheproud/DSCN0243.jpg[/IMG]

Hate to be the dick that quotes pictures...

...kick ass lcd display on that phone there. :p

Back