• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Sort of, but the key sweep is a little deeper than most laptop keyboards I have used..sort of mid way between a lappy and a standard PC KB.. to be honest, the more I use it for typing the more I do like it as all around KB, but I think for the price, the Eclipse is a better all-around value for what you get.. The other thing about the Tarantula is it takes up two USB ports, one for the KB, and one for the USB hub and extra power.. the nice part of that is that the USB hub is a fully fledged hub, good for high speed devices or external floppies, etc.. when I tried to put my external floppy on the G15's USB hub it said, "uhh, no thanks" (loosely translated) lol. oh well..

I'm no expert on diamonback vs copperhead comparisons, but I just found this which compares the habu and copperhead.. kind of interesting. Anyways, I do know that the diamondback has an infrared optical pickup and less dpi rating than the copperhead, which has a laser pickup.. many peeps don't like laser pickups for high performance mice... anyways, there's a very good mouse comparison here which had a lot of good info on all of that..

getting way OT here, so on with the LCD madness... muahahah..
 
westy.jpg
 



This is my setup. That is my son on the mousepad. Looking at getting the 37" Westinghouse. Not sure yet. PS3 pics of Oblivion. Pretty good, not quite at good or as flexible as the pc though. The sell 2407 next a 17" NEC POS. Anyway, let me know what you think. And yes that is the dumb speaker under the monitor, but I dont use it. I have an adapter I swap to get audio through the speakers form the PS# and the PC. And my printer is adjacent in the right of the pic, hard to see unless you know what your looking for. Yall have love for New York!
 
This is my setup. That is my son on the mousepad. Looking at getting the 37" Westinghouse. Not sure yet. PS3 pics of Oblivion. Pretty good, not quite at good or as flexible as the pc though. The sell 2407 next a 17" NEC POS. Anyway, let me know what you think. And yes that is the dumb speaker under the monitor, but I dont use it. I have an adapter I swap to get audio through the speakers form the PS# and the PC. And my printer is adjacent in the right of the pic, hard to see unless you know what your looking for. Yall have love for New York!

How do you like that Logitech DiNovo? I've always wanted one but they are so expensive. How are they for typing, games? Do they have pop up stands or are they totally flat?
 
Personally, I love it. I have the older bluetooth version which has a darker finish on it. I also heard that it works a whole lot better. I use it for everything, including games and it works just fine. Plus I assume anyone can get used to any keyboard if they use it long enough. The keys aren't as pronounced as some other keyboards, but that isn't a problem for me at all. Mouse charges and the keyboard lasts forever, but the media pad goes through batteries quite a bit. I play Counterstrike: Source all the time and I have never had any lag or problem with the wireless function of the mouse. Works as well as any corded I've used. Thought about goin with the G7 but heard it had lag issues. And yes, it does have two tabs on the bottom to pop it up. Plus they link up to my PS3 over bluetooth without the hub. Its's pretty cool when everything works with everything. But like I said, the new ones havent had as many good reviews with the RF transmission, so if you can get a hold of the older bluetooth, then go for it. You won't be dissapointed.

Heres a link to one for $50.00 (at time I submit link) on ebay. Better hurry I might buy from ya as a backup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGITECH-diNovo...ryZ51083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Personally, I love it. I have the older bluetooth version which has a darker finish on it. I also heard that it works a whole lot better. I use it for everything, including games and it works just fine. Plus I assume anyone can get used to any keyboard if they use it long enough. The keys aren't as pronounced as some other keyboards, but that isn't a problem for me at all. Mouse charges and the keyboard lasts forever, but the media pad goes through batteries quite a bit. I play Counterstrike: Source all the time and I have never had any lag or problem with the wireless function of the mouse. Works as well as any corded I've used. Thought about goin with the G7 but heard it had lag issues. And yes, it does have two tabs on the bottom to pop it up. Plus they link up to my PS3 over bluetooth without the hub. Its's pretty cool when everything works with everything. But like I said, the new ones havent had as many good reviews with the RF transmission, so if you can get a hold of the older bluetooth, then go for it. You won't be dissapointed.

Heres a link to one for $50.00 (at time I submit link) on ebay. Better hurry I might buy from ya as a backup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGITECH-diNovo...ryZ51083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the heads-up, but unfortunately, I'm in Canada and it looks like he won't ship here as per the auction. (like many American ebay sellers which is frustrating). The one dark bluetooth one I can find that will ship to Canada wants $30 additionally for shipping! (when I know full well that it's almost the same cost or comparable to US domestic shipping).
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am new to the forum "POSTING" thing and would like to know how to put footers on my posts displaying my hardware or a pic or something. Would be cool to be on par with the rest of you guys. Also don't forget to comment on my setup on the previous page, would love to know what you guys think.
 
I'll second the praise for the Dinovo keyboard. I have the non-BT version and it works great for all my apps and games. I bought it brand new from eBay for $60 shipped. The keyboard feels/performs very much like a laptop keyboard. I've found that my typing is much more accurate on this Dinovo than with standard keyboards.

I don't use the wireless mouse. I've never liked Logitech mice. I'm a big fan of Razer mice and use the Diamondback.
 
I am new to the forum "POSTING" thing and would like to know how to put footers on my posts displaying my hardware or a pic or something. Would be cool to be on par with the rest of you guys. Also don't forget to comment on my setup on the previous page, would love to know what you guys think.
Go to the User CP link in the red menu bar. Click Edit Signature and you can personalize away!
 
LoneR, please reupload those images to imageshack or another image hosting website. The current one has its bandwidth exceeded.
 
LoneR, please reupload those images to imageshack or another image hosting website. The current one has its bandwidth exceeded.

CRAP.. Thx I just saw that. I tried imagshack with but my images were always too large no matter what size they were. What settting everyone taking there pictures at. I will fix it tonight, for i do not have my pics on my laptop.
 











This is my setup. That is my son on the mousepad. Looking at getting the 37" Westinghouse. Not sure yet. PS3 pics of Oblivion. Pretty good, not quite at good or as flexible as the pc though. The sell 2407 next a 17" KDS POS. Anyway, let me know what you think. And yes that is the dumb speaker under the monitor, but I dont use it. I have an adapter I swap to get audio through the speakers form the PS# and the PC. And my printer is adjacent in the right of the pic, hard to see unless you know what your looking for. Yall have love for New York!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Very nice monitor and Oblivion looks amazing on it.
Is that the GUI of the PS3 there?

Yes, it is the screen right before you click into the game from the PS3 just like on the PSP. and yes, I was surprised at how well the game performed on the ps3, I have the Pc version as well and it is very similar.

Looking at getting the XBOX 360 elite at the end of the month what yall think,
 
Yes, it is the screen right before you click into the game from the PS3 just like on the PSP. and yes, I was surprised at how well the game performed on the ps3, I have the Pc version as well and it is very similar.

Looking at getting the XBOX 360 elite at the end of the month what yall think,

The thing with Oblivion...the PC version has some custom packs out (Qarl's Textures -> 2.5GB!) that replace all the textures with upgraded high quality ones. Yep, 2.5GB of just textures. Makes the game look 10x better and more realistic than PS3 or Xbox 360 version could ever achieve.
 
The thing with Oblivion...the PC version has some custom packs out (Qarl's Textures -> 2.5GB!) that replace all the textures with upgraded high quality ones. Yep, 2.5GB of just textures. Makes the game look 10x better and more realistic than PS3 or Xbox 360 version could ever achieve.

I'm sure I can find it, but would you give me a link to that package. Would love to DL it.
Thx
 
I'm sure I can find it, but would you give me a link to that package. Would love to DL it.
Thx

It's 2GB zipped
sample pics from pack version 2
http://qarl.rpgmods2.com/Qindex.html

Version 3 (the screenshots are messed up on this site, the previous link will give you a better idea of how they look)
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2363

I'm not sure if you actually download the whole thing from most websites. I got mine off usenet. There are other packs that work with that to replace the grass as well...natural weather, seasons, and more wild animals and birds and insects...water mods, etc.
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
desknew1.jpg


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
desknew2.jpg


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D

I was wondering what mount are you using to put the Sharp up? Since you got a 3007WFP-HC, do you ever use the sharp as a pc monitor?
 
Holy smokes, this thread is killing me...
I am dying to upgrade from this 17" but can't decide if I want to go with a monitor or an LCD TV...

Here's my modest setup:

IMG_0084.jpg
 
mahdesktop.jpg


Got a little shelve thingy from the Walmart to get things more organized and give a bit of elevation to the monitor. I like it this way.
I really like the wal mart too I tell you what. It's a one stop shop. They got everything there.
 
Here's my modest setup

I have the same sony system :cool: It hasn't treated me too well. I blew the left speaker and the subwoofer is getting messed up. When the bass hits you can hear a wire or something against the cone and it sounds nasty! But in the beginning it was pretty nice. I replaced the speakers with Polk R30's and the subwoofer with a yamaha. The unit itself is pretty good. But the speakers are crap! Have you had any problems with it?
 
I have the same sony system :cool: It hasn't treated me too well. I blew the left speaker and the subwoofer is getting messed up. When the bass hits you can hear a wire or something against the cone and it sounds nasty! But in the beginning it was pretty nice. I replaced the speakers with Polk R30's and the subwoofer with a yamaha. The unit itself is pretty good. But the speakers are crap! Have you had any problems with it?

Actually, it's been pretty good to me. I'm living with my parents now (boo!) so it doesn't usually go above 10 on the volume, and the cd tray see's almost no action whatsoever... but when I lived downtown with my buddies it was usually cranked pretty loud. No problems though.... at least, not yet. It's going on 3 years I guess? Maybe 4...

It is a beast though. That's the one thing I don't really like about it. The footprint of every part of the system is just too big. I think I'm gonna hafta move that wooden CD rack if I replace the monitor with anything above 22"...
 
Back
Top