Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

how does it compare to the regular jerker computer desk? (the one with the shelf)
The flat Jerker is about 14" longer than the shelf Jerker. I had both Jerkers before switching to the Galant series (also from IKEA). The Jerker has been discontinued, so it'll be tough to find them, now. I switched to the Galant because it's much more versatile. It offers a lot of options to customize a desk that works best for your particular needs.
 
The flat Jerker is about 14" longer than the shelf Jerker. I had both Jerkers before switching to the Galant series (also from IKEA). The Jerker has been discontinued, so it'll be tough to find them, now. I switched to the Galant because it's much more versatile. It offers a lot of options to customize a desk that works best for your particular needs.

are both jerker's the same depth? thats the main thing for me.
 
are both jerker's the same depth? thats the main thing for me.
The shelf Jerker has that cut-out section which decreases the depth by a few inches in the center, but the depth is the same as the flat Jerker on the left and right sides.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's the flat Jerker. It's the same color as was mine. Again, the Jerker's discontinued, so if you really want it, grab it wherever you can. IKEA stores still have some, too. If you're within driving distance, it might be worth the trip.

thanks for the advice, but i've tried. they had some last sunday in one near my brother's in chicago, but when he went this past monday, they were all gone! :(.
 
Here is my westinghouse 37 inch.

setup.jpg
 
Here's a couple pics of my setup.... 37" lcd, 200lb 15" subwoofer, elemental design towers&center, mx5000 k, logitech g5, media gate, pioneer 1016tx, 1080i upconverting dvd player etc....

DSC01688.jpg


DSC01684.jpg


DSC01680.jpg


DSC01677.jpg
 
nice setup tripmachine! what desk is that? is that a westy or sony lcd? its hard to tell. :)
 
it's basically the ikea jerker plain desk with a ikea wall shelf modded onto the back of it with some ikea legs.... there is a post on this site about someone that did it... that's where i got the idea from... let me link you to the thread.. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1100192

The LCD is a 237v it's a syntax olevia... it's not 1080p but i love it still. 720p is good in it's own ways..... good because you can surf the net from the couch or bed in a distance easily, good because your hardware doesn't have to be too crazy to run games like you would need for 1080p res.. but i do want 1080p one of these days.. Thanks for the compliment.
 
Great looking desk! I'm considering doing something like that with my Galant workstation. I hate the idea of drilling through my beautiful new desk, though.
 
Downer!

If you want to see another great desk, check out the Galant at IKEA. I like mine better than my old Jerkers. You can add as many sections as you want to customize the desk to fit your needs.


the galant doesn't say how much weight it can hold :p.
thats why i liked the jerker, it said :). i think the jerker looks better, imo. i'll find one somehow, i will! then ultimate setup pic! :D
 
I have a question.
Do you guys think this desk can hold a westy?

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4754529?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7666983&type=product&id=1134701147263

According to its specs. the max monitor capacity is up to 50lbs.
The 37w3 just weighs at 50lbs if I am not mistaken.

My fiance has that desk, and I have the Westy 37"...I would NEVER attempt putting the screen on that desk. Very flimsy, tube construction. I would only recommend doing it if you like picking up glass.
 
Hey trip machine, Nice speakers next to the desk but WTF is that monster to the right?
 
Here are a few pics of my computer command center:) .The Sammy 226bw is on the left and the LG L226wt is on the right.The monitor stands have been replaced with Neo-Flex stands.Both computers are HP computers.





 
Hey trip machine, Nice speakers next to the desk but WTF is that monster to the right?

hahahaha that is my FINISHED but still UNFINISHED 15" subwoofer... it works perfectly.... but as you can see it's not black yet... I still have to flush mount it and get the black vinyl layover.. anyway... the sub is 200lbs and cost about 400 in parts.... something to compare to it would be around 3,000 dollars.... it hits 16hz and shakes the house like crazy for movies / games etc.. :]

-j0sh
 
My fiance has that desk, and I have the Westy 37"...I would NEVER attempt putting the screen on that desk. Very flimsy, tube construction. I would only recommend doing it if you like picking up glass.

and a broken westy =D
 
Here is my westinghouse 37 inch.

setup.jpg



Props on the Anime Berserk scroll !! Last month,a guy on Ebay.com auctioned off the
Elfen Lied dvd boxset,and Berserk dvd boxset and for good measure a dvd boxset for
Rahxephon the whole darn boxset in mint condition,auction started off at 5.00 $ and it
ended at 47.00 usd,I was the winner :D I have bought 5 anime boxsets this year on Ebay
and paid near to nothing for them all toll.Great westy,hope you are enjoying it !! :)
Just gotta keep your eyes open for all the bootleg crap,and fakes... :( Luckily I have
not been ripped off yet,and have only been dealing with reputable sellers.When I get
my new Nec 24" early next month, I will finally post some pics :D
 
Niiice work trip, you must have some tolerant neighbours!! If I tried cranking up the volume on a beast like that here the police would be breaking down the door within a few minutes lol
 
hahahaha that is my FINISHED but still UNFINISHED 15" subwoofer... it works perfectly.... but as you can see it's not black yet... I still have to flush mount it and get the black vinyl layover.. anyway... the sub is 200lbs and cost about 400 in parts.... something to compare to it would be around 3,000 dollars.... it hits 16hz and shakes the house like crazy for movies / games etc.. :]

-j0sh

u got any excursion videos of it i wana see :eek:
 
Might as well post mine -- since it's changing .... TODAY! New screen being delivered today. But until the delivery comes, here's what I got. It's been this way for maybe 2 years now...

dual apple 23" on ergotron arms:
desk.jpg

when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
desknew1.jpg


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
desknew2.jpg


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
http://www.employees.org/~beetle/pc/desknew1.jpg

It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
http://www.employees.org/~beetle/pc/desknew2.jpg

I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D

I'd say just ditch the sharp and go with another 3007, but the 3007 doesn't have the input capabilities of the sharp unfortunately...
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
desknew1.jpg


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
desknew2.jpg


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D

Very nice setup. How did you achieve that fish eyes look?
 
Back
Top