• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Did you make that clock? Thats really cool.

(your clock has better brakes than my truck:D )
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
desknew1.jpg


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
desknew2.jpg


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D
Nice Setup you have there!
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D

Say -- what do you think of the new logitech keyboard you got? I have the DiNovo, as you did previously, and it's getting worn out, and I'm looking for another sleek, wireless keyboard.

Does it compare well to the DiNovo?

and oh yeah, NICE setup! :D
 
u got any excursion videos of it i wana see :eek:


No I don't..... =/ I'll have to try to get a vid up sometime soon....



Niiice work trip, you must have some tolerant neighbours!! If I tried cranking up the volume on a beast like that here the police would be breaking down the door within a few minutes lol

actually the morning I finally got to test my sub out my neighbor called my cell phone and left a msg telling me she didn't appreciate me playing it so loud that her house was shaking. hahahaha I usually play it loud for movies and so on.... music is loud too but that day I had to MAX it out with a TON of bass.....;]
 
its just leaning on the wall, there is a 7 port usb hub velcro'd to the back of it then i used some velcro on the wall to keep it from sliding down, it feels pretty sturdy. The stand that came on the monitor was too tall, so i just took it off.
 
You think YOU want a bigger monitor? I'm stuck with dual 15"ers & a pair of old CRTs. I might replace the CRTs with a 26" LCD TV next (academic) year, but then I wouldn't have the money for a new workstation & new monitors for that... ugh, money.
 
its just leaning on the wall, there is a 7 port usb hub velcro'd to the back of it then i used some velcro on the wall to keep it from sliding down, it feels pretty sturdy. The stand that came on the monitor was too tall, so i just took it off.

Wow, I had the complete opposite problem with that stand. I replaced with a adjustable one and couldn't be happier with it now. 24"+ sure look nice but in the end I've been quite happy with a 20.1" WS.
 
I bought my new LCD today my Gateway one started to act funky. I decide to stay away from gateway.

I in up getting this as my new montior , So far I like it. It make things easier in my room since i dont have to use a break out box for my cable box audio and Gamecube audio.

I got tired of the break out box poping me up side the head whenever I go under the desk to the back of my comp.

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=105#VALUE
Westinghouse 24" L2410NM

All i need to do is get a HDMI to DVI cable and I all set.
 
ballpoint,

Thanks for reply, but the image on yours doesn't exist no more. I came across the site last night after long research, and found some interesting collection of mine instead.
Now I am going back to NASA homepage to collect more space scene.... :)


Rybeck

http://g.1asphost.com/jesusloveschocolate/b/index.html
I made these about a year ago.
I really want a bigger monitor after going through this thread

is that a 1400x900?
 
when I posted I said it was changing.... well, it's changed! :p Here's my new setup:

Sharp LC32GP1U 1080P mounted on the wall
Dell 3007WFP-HC on an Ergotron 400 Arm
desknew1.jpg


It's so wide I can't even capture it when I sit in my seat! Break out the fisheye lens!
desknew2.jpg


I guess it's a good thing LCD's don't emit radiation huh? :D


DELL for an APPLE!?!?!:confused:
 
Here are a few pics of my computer command center:) .The Sammy 226bw is on the left and the LG L226wt is on the right.The monitor stands have been replaced with Neo-Flex stands.Both computers are HP computers.







I can tell my the rocks on the right the Samsung is better.
 
DELL for an APPLE!?!?!:confused:

well, first I went from a 23" apple to a 30" dell.

second, apple monitors are not that good. Seriously, those apple monitors had all kinds of issues. uneven backlighting, no ability to display BIOS screens, and probably the worst, a crazy pink hue to everything that was impossible to calibrate out. Go to the apple store and take a look at the 23" screens. Every grey shade will display as pink!
 
well, first I went from a 23" apple to a 30" dell.

second, apple monitors are not that good. Seriously, those apple monitors had all kinds of issues. uneven backlighting, no ability to display BIOS screens, and probably the worst, a crazy pink hue to everything that was impossible to calibrate out. Go to the apple store and take a look at the 23" screens. Every grey shade will display as pink!

I have used the dell 30" and apple 30" and I prefer the dell myself.
 
they look like the special red HD595s and then either HD580, 600, or 650. can't really tell the coloring on the second one.
 
Updated my setup a bit since my last post a year or so ago (and I maybe dusted once since then lol).

2007.03.30-desktop_setup.jpg


New additions being an UPS, an Aeron and sadly an iPod to replace my karma which died after ~3 years of faithful service.

Scary wiring that isn't actually so bad thanks to twist ties (the poor man's cable management system):

2006.12.26-ups_neat_cabling_twist_ties3.jpg
 
I'm trying to get an idea of whether a 20" is big enough when i get a new monitor soon.
Make yourself a cardboard cut-out. No seriously. No better way to visualise the screen real estate.
 
Make yourself a cardboard cut-out. No seriously. No better way to visualise the screen real estate.

I made one out of a diet pepsi "fridge pack" and taped it to my 20" to resemble a 24". All you need is a stapler, tape, sissors and a measuring tape (+cardboard).

I agree that it is a very effective tool!
 
Make yourself a cardboard cut-out. No seriously. No better way to visualise the screen real estate.

Wow, that is a good idea; i've never thought of that before.

Ankle, your desk and stuff seems to dwarf your monitor; it almost makes me feel like i need a 24" monitor.

I guess i'll have to cut a 20" and 22" cardboard monitors and see if i really need the extra size.

Manny Calavera, thank you for the link. Although, i think i may have been on that site before.
 
Wow, that is a good idea; i've never thought of that before.

Ankle, your desk and stuff seems to dwarf your monitor; it almost makes me feel like i need a 24" monitor.

I guess i'll have to cut a 20" and 22" cardboard monitors and see if i really need the extra size.

Manny Calavera, thank you for the link. Although, i think i may have been on that site before.


Your very welcome :)
 
Very very much yes,but I know you were asking the picture poster. ;)


I just took my Ells Truth out for a spin around the local bike trails,threw a new Thomson 110mm 5 degree rise stem on it.Next weekend I am going to take the XT wheels off and slap on a set of FSA XC-300.

Those look like DEEMAX's
 
Back
Top