• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

3 screens would defenetly be nice for gaming... if the games were ment for it especially. (proper resolutions). It'll be a lot more interesting once the curved screens start coming out.

New displays will be flexible and you'll be able to shape them in whatever way you want. Unfortunately that technology is still a couple years away from production. Simple curved displays (that'll give you a 360 degree feel) should be consumerly available relitively soon.
 
I don't play like this! I did try but its too difficult to aim. Now on 3 like you say would be awesome, It can be done I would assume, just doing the same as I have here, but probably stretched beyond recognition....anyone with 3 wanna try? :D

One thing I will say on having it over 2 is the sense of space, especially on that LC level, looking over the harbour makes your jaw drop over the sheer 'size', I would say it's more impressive over these 2 monitors then it is on my Viera,and it's far more impressive moving than still shots. But still 3 would rule ;)
 
Sz1hart said:
I would, but wouldn't I need to go SLi in order for it to make it work?

I'd assume so yeah, could have 4 monitors then ;)

I'm guessing running a game like HL2 with a lower powered card running the third monitor would not happen....would defo need an SLi rig.
 
Tigerblade said:
I'd assume so yeah, could have 4 monitors then ;)

I'm guessing running a game like HL2 with a lower powered card running the third monitor would not happen....would defo need an SLi rig.

Yes. SLi is going to be the only way I think you can use four monitors for one game. Of course it would be done in multiple monitor mode. Not SLi mode. SLi mode disables all but the primary port.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
Yes. SLi is going to be the only way I think you can use four monitors for one game. Of course it would be done in multiple monitor mode. Not SLi mode. SLi mode disables all but the primary port.

if they would build cross-card spanning into the driver...
 
liqdfire said:
Polaroid 26inch HDTV :)

whats the resolution at there?

doesnt look like 1366x768

im interested in an viewsonic/olevia 26/27" tv. just wondering what the native resolution of a HDTV looks like on desktop

lmk
dan
 
Chron!cRAGE said:
That G35c is not mine..but I wish it was lol. Probably my favourite G on this planet sporting DPE's..JIC's, and so much more. Those pics were posted on this forum here.

Since we're on the topic..I drive a max as a daily driver which can be found here.

oh wow I like those A32 Maxima, need more pics
 
Nothing compared to the great ones I've seen in this thread...

OldRig.JPG


LCD2.JPG


Specs are under "Current Rig" in my sig. It's using the MAG LT17s. Damn fine LCD, got it for $150 MIR from the Best Buy Black Friday sale. The pics really don't do it justice.
 
yea when i saw the center right button it made more sense, but with my bodyglove on my razor it looks REALLY similiar
 
felony said:
whats the resolution at there?

doesnt look like 1366x768

im interested in an viewsonic/olevia 26/27" tv. just wondering what the native resolution of a HDTV looks like on desktop

lmk
dan


Yeah it is 1366x768 I think it looks great. I would get the Olevia it was better looking than the viewsonic. Then again Office Depot did not have the Viewsonic running in native res.
 
I just spent the last two days rebuilding my workstation to make it neat. here are the results.

2x Samsung 213T - 21.3" LCD's
Pictured is also my collection of systems... workstation, file server and shell server.
workstation.jpg


Rear view of the LCD's:
back.jpg


Look Ma! No wires! almost, but it's the first time in my life I didn't have them all over the place:
beneath.jpg
 
Nothing compared to most on here, but it's what I call home.

181536736l6ec.jpg


Matching 19" LCD coming soon!

Changes made since the picture:

1. MX700 replaced by a G7
2. Cordless elite replaced by a G15
3. PC on the ground turned into an HTPC and no longer resides there
4. Small monitor sold
5. Cookies eaten
6. Tweety bird mousepad replaced by a black Icemat (although it doesn't work with my G7, so it has a plastic one over it for the time being :()

Just so you know, my monitor isn't really that dull. Just looks that way when using the flash ;)
 
allbad said:
I just spent the last two days rebuilding my workstation to make it neat. here are the results.

2x Samsung 213T - 21.3" LCD's
Pictured is also my collection of systems... workstation, file server and shell server.
http://www.cstech.org/hostedpics/workstation/workstation.jpg

Rear view of the LCD's:
[IMG]http://www.cstech.org/hostedpics/workstation/back.jpg

Look Ma! No wires! almost, but it's the first time in my life I didn't have them all over the place:
[IMG]http://www.cstech.org/hostedpics/workstation/beneath.jpg][/QUOTE]

Clean setup. I like those pics on the wall.
 
allbad said:
I just spent the last two days rebuilding my workstation to make it neat. here are the results.

Allbad, can you give the brand name and model of your robot arm? What's the swing range of those arm?
 
Happy Hopping said:
Allbad, can you give the brand name and model of your robot arm? What's the swing range of those arm?

These are the Inland U-Mount 200. It's a cheap way to get off the desk, but you set the arms in position and that's it. It's very difficult to move them once in position. Height has two or three settings.

Lawrence Campbell | Austin TX | Elgin TX | Bastrop
 
Last edited:
it's not really mine.. just one of four that we are installing in a demo home. (to showcase home automation). I will post pics soon of the demo home.. but anyways.. this thing is just stupid big. I didn't have anywhere to put it... so I stuck it on my coffee table. (basically takes up the whole thing) :) I hate having to turn my head to look at the other side of the screen. haha.. BF2 is crazy on it.. (especially flying) but just like mopar heads say.. "theres no replacement for displacement".. same goes for resolution. I guess I got spoiled with 1920x1200. The resolution on this baby is 1360x768.

P1010036.jpg
 
magnetik how big is that and is that a dead pixel or a spec of dust in the top left corner?
 
Dapperdan said:
magnetik how big is that and is that a dead pixel or a spec of dust in the top left corner?

It's a 40" lcd. It's off.. that might be some styrofoam stuck on the front, (i just pulled it out.)
 

Proud day for me, for its my first post on here with what i would consider a descent first lcd mon. Aside from that at times it seems like it doesnt go fast enough so like the image is distorted think thats "ghosting" isnt it. Heh well, it was a vast improvement from my 15" crt and magnetik rock on
 
i dont game, but let me tell you this, it hasnt let me down once

this is my fourth set within a year, i shouldve gone logitech from the start
i tried out some crappy benq, desiged by bmw my ass, M$ and some other wired crap
i really recommend this
 
board2death986 said:
ive seen so many revisions of your workstation -ds . . . new speakers again??? wow :D

Same speakers.... would like love new ones :D
New customized hockey art with my name on the back of one of the players :p
New window blinds, makes room look cleaner.
New phone on left of desk which is used for working from home.
And that little framed art on the left on the desk, I created at Art.com... it looked nice so I printed it off and framed it with my extra frame lying around.... :D
 
Back
Top