Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

spencers said:
dual (or more) monitors for everyday usage?

Also good for clan members who need whatever game they are playing on one monitor and IRC, MSN and ventrillo on the other. Works wonders :D

Tigerblade said:
Also good for clan members who need whatever game they are playing on one monitor and IRC, MSN and ventrillo on the other. Works wonders :D

QFT! Also when you have multiple websites to edit, office documents to make, whilst having messenger and on digital tv on its a life saver!
:D

These just arrived this morning, they are so sweet!
(Don't look at the messy wiring under the desk :p)

lcd1.jpg

lcd2.jpg

lcd3.jpg

szero said:
Seriously...Why do so many of you have surround sound setups with the all 5 speakers in front of you? Defeats the purpose....

Some ppl just dont have the ability to set the speakers up in a true 5.1 arrangement, but may still want the added boost of a nice LOUD system with a quality sub. It seems obvious that More Speakers = More Volume.

Nomadicaus said:

Work setup. Every screen in use, and more desktop real estate would still have helped. :D

what is that big metal box on the left?

what is the brand name of the screen behind the red light bulb? And why a red light bulb anyway?

and what purpose is that meter reading 815 serve?

Happy Hopping said:
what is that big metal box on the left?

what is the brand name of the screen behind the red light bulb? And why a red light bulb anyway?

and what purpose is that meter reading 815 serve?

The whole gig is on a surveying vessel. The screens are relatively cheapo Dell LCD monitors, all set up to sonar data as it's being acquired. That big metal box houses a couple computers and the electronics to some of the sonar equipment, the red light is for nighttime use (since the room has several windows, lights in that room are generally shut off to avoid confusion between interior lighting and navigation lights.) The "081.5" is our compass bearing at the time the picture was taken. As for that other screen, it's some off-brand flat panel television set that was cannibalized from somewhere else.

magnetik said:
it's not mine (wish it was) but if anyone's looking for a wall of lcd's... lol :eek:

Wall of 8x20" Dell LCD's

link worked for me but why would anyone pay 10k for that when you can build the same thing with Dell 24" and a faster computer for about $7500

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dapperdan said:
link worked for me but why would anyone pay 10k for that when you can build the same thing with Dell 24" and a faster computer for about $7500
because ppl on ebay are complete and total morons who have way too much money too spend.

Of course you can play half-life 2 at that rez...but what about the eye candy? You have all the visual settings cranked up to max? If so I'd be interested in seein what netgraph says your fps is bouncing at. If you take the time to check it out please post as I am interested in this card.

jdunner3 said:
Of course you can play half-life 2 at that rez...but what about the eye candy? You have all the visual settings cranked up to max? If so I'd be interested in seein what netgraph says your fps is bouncing at. If you take the time to check it out please post as I am interested in this card.
I play at medium textures and models (counterstrike source) and trilinear filtering. My FPS jumps between 20 to 80fps while playing on dust and dust2. Lags a little more on other maps. HL2 performs a bit better than CS:S

TSS Modder said:
because ppl on ebay are complete and total morons who have way too much money too spend.

No kidding. The guy that was selling it only has a rating of 48. For $8500, I won't buy it from anyone who has a rating of less than a few hundred. As I have seen people build up their rating and sell a big ticket item, close their acct. and kept the money.

The items that guy sold earlier is from $20 to one item of $200 to a max. of $1000.

He can easily take the money and close the acct. w/o shipping the item.

szero said:
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8971/img23028yi.jpg
College setup

Nice setup. What do the RA's and other people think about having surround/subwoofers in dorm rooms?

I figure they would be frowned upon... due to loudness and bass

Happy Hopping said:
No kidding. The guy that was selling it only has a rating of 48. For $8500, I won't buy it from anyone who has a rating of less than a few hundred. As I have seen people build up their rating and sell a big ticket item, close their acct. and kept the money.

The items that guy sold earlier is from $20 to one item of $200 to a max. of $1000.

He can easily take the money and close the acct. w/o shipping the item.

to top it all off.. someone met the reserve of $8500. :eek:

spencers said:
Nice setup. What do the RA's and other people think about having surround/subwoofers in dorm rooms?

I figure they would be frowned upon... due to loudness and bass
Some dorms have cinder block walls that can block out sound really well. In my case, we have really thin drywall that is almost like having no wall. The only thing that can block out any sound is my door which is really really solid wood. But anyway, I just compensate by keeping the bass as low as I can (while still being audible). Luckily my RA's are really cool and I was already friends with one of them and my room is in the corner of the building and I know all my neighbors. So, I'm in a pretty good situation ;). Last year wasn't so nice as one of my neighbors was a bitch and my RA was useless. So just get to know your neighbors and RA ;). And most importantly, just be considerate and you won't have a problem.

Or get a house off campus with a group of friends and experience college how its supposed to be experienced!!! :D

I actually am a RA, and a gamer as well :D I do realize that noise/bass levels add another element to gaming, and home theatre as well. We have a 63'' Mitsubishi Diamond series DLP in our apartment (1080p), with nice Klipsch 7.1's to accompany it, along with a $1400+ Furman power conditioner...so trust me, we really want to get the best out of our room as well. As an RA, I have to keep in mind that although we live in apartments, a ridiculous amount of noise can really disturb those around you. I really am not a hard@$$ when it comes to sound, only if I get a few complaints about any one specific room. Although, the college wants me to crack down much harder than I do, I try to ride the line as much as possible. :D

Veritas616 said:
IAlthough, the college wants me to crack down much harder than I do, I try to ride the line as much as possible. :D
I agree with your college.

Im a person who is very quite and studies like all hell let loose, and when others play music loud it really prevents me from doing my work (and for 6500$ for 8months, I deserve to live in my dorm room).

Tell em to get headphones or lower it. That's my stand. The peple who are there to learn should not be punished by the inconsiderate.

ryan that is sexy! i love that set-up.

what kind of desk is that? maybe a far away shot?

Back